First Name
Deasun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition
Country flag
Question?
When do ye all think we shall actually get real news on Price and configuration.
When did it come for the other tesla's when they were pre-orders.
6 months from production, 3 months out......
Sponsored

Technolust

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
Good point! The theatrics/charades of YouTube videos is extremely annoying. As if to drum up more interest. I find it stupid, there is plenty of demand, send a video when you start manufacturing. This is what we want to see not the stupid videos on how awesome the CT is going to be. We already know it, it’s why we all pre-ordered one or multiples of the truck!

bdmridgeback

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevy Traverse, BDM Ridgeback, Ford Transit Connect
Occupation
Business Owner/Manager
Country flag
If prices on CT go up 20% or more over original price, I'm out and will just keep my new Silverado Trail Boss I just bought. I got it as a fill in till CT rolls out, but not paying over $58k for a dual motor. My buddy has a Model Y and I dive it and ride in it all the time. The shit that you have to put up with in the Tesla almost makes it not worth it to begin with but if they go Jack in the price up that much I'm definitely backing out of it.

Technolust

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
Well, because it had a price tag on it when it rolled onto the stage in 2019.

All this predicting raised prices is creating the situation where it 'okay' for the prices to be higher.

It's not okay.

-Crissa
Agreed!! Especially when you don’t have a product to deliver on! They should never have put a price tag on it in the first place if they couldn’t deliver the product after the plethora of announcements!

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Question?
When do ye all think we shall actually get real news on Price and configuration.
When did it come for the other tesla's when they were pre-orders.
6 months from production, 3 months out......
The day they launch the order processing on the website. aka. same day it goes on sale.

`AquaWatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 RAM 1500,Tesla Model Y , !971SS Camaro,
Country flag
You're double-counting last year. This year hasn't finished, and inflation is listed year-over-year.

-Crissa
Fine. Whatever. so lets say there was no inflation in 2020, and none the first half of 2021 ( Even though we both know there was) From June of 2021 to June of 2022 Inflation was over 9%.
Yet somehow you feel prices shouldn't change form the unveiling.
I find that to be very unlikely

`AquaWatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agreed!! Especially when you don’t have a product to deliver on! They should never have put a price tag on it in the first place if they couldn’t deliver the product after the plethora of announcements!
Yes. How dare they not have anticipated inflation rates we haven't seen in over 40 years.
[sarcasm]

RuneRider

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKX
Country flag
At tonight's annual shareholder meeting, Elon said Cybertruck price and spec will change. That in 2019 when they revealed, they could not have possibly known about the inflation and current environment.

Elon said......
"It was unveiled in 2019, for a $99 deposit. Cybertruck pricing and specs will be different, it will be a damn fine product. We are tracking to be in production middle of next year. Tooling install starting in next few months. "

Between now and production, i hope the world and economy stabilizes enough to keep the price hike to a minimum.

Im prepared to pay 5-6 k more for a CT3. If its too much more than that, I'm going for CT2.

Went for my 1st oil change in the '22 Sienna. Dealer offered me 7k more than i paid new in nov 21. Gulp!!!!
Sadly IMHO ""middle of next year" is going to actually mean much later. And "damn fine product" will translate to "much more expensive product" in the end. All in, it now costs $100,000 here in Canada for the new Model Y performance I'm no longer sure I'll be ordering in next few weeks. (without FSD) and the final price for my CT3 is a thought that scares me. Elon seems to have moved beyond the commitment to get as many EVs into the hands of as many customers as possible for an affordable price. The current "too many orders mean we can ask what we want" thinking is proof of that. Now only the market and profit dictate the price of a Tesla. If prices for the full range drop very much in the next couple of years I'd be very surprised. I also wonder if the subscription based system of charging for options that is gaining popularity among legacy auto is going to also infect Tesla to the point we will at some point have to pay monthly/yearly for much of what is now included. Just my thoughts/concerns. Those who want to defend Elon to the death please control your emotions. :)

atebit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 M3 LR, 2019 Tundra
Country flag
We are Tesla, not Rivian. !!!!
Can you extrapolate on that? I paid the the same price for my R1T as what I reserved it for. Sure, they tried to raise the price on pre-order holders, but they changed their tune pretty quickly after so many pre-orderers bailed on them.
So you’re saying Tesla shouldn’t do that?

Technolust

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
Yes. How dare they not have anticipated inflation rates we haven't seen in over 40 years.
[sarcasm]
it’s not so much anticipating inflation as it is not delivering on your promises. Multiple times. I think that is a more realistic anticipation but yes, shame on him for not developing the crystal ball!!

`AquaWatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If prices on CT go up 20% or more over original price, I'm out and will just keep my new Silverado Trail Boss I just bought. I got it as a fill in till CT rolls out, but not paying over $58k for a dual motor. My buddy has a Model Y and I dive it and ride in it all the time. The shit that you have to put up with in the Tesla almost makes it not worth it to begin with but if they go Jack in the price up that much I'm definitely backing out of it.
Only going by inflation rate from 2019 to today. It would be about $56k
Of course we have another year before its produced.

https://www.in2013dollars.com/us/inflation/2019?amount=49000

Tesla Cybertruck Musk: "Cybertruck pricing and specs will be different, but it will be a damn fine product." Screenshot (3697)
Tesla Cybertruck Musk: "Cybertruck pricing and specs will be different, but it will be a damn fine product." Screenshot (3698)

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I need MINIMUM 400 mile (~640 km) range or CT will be useless. 500 mile (800 km) is preferred. I sincerely hope Tesla makes a long range CT2. And I need it under $75k USD. Otherwise I'm out.

Tesla seems to be moving away from big batteries. Remember when the S had over 400 mile range? I fear CT will also get a battery cut.

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I need MINIMUM 400 mile (~640 km) range or CT will be useless. 500 mile (800 km) is preferred. I sincerely hope Tesla makes a long range CT2. And I need it under $75k USD. Otherwise I'm out.

Tesla seems to be moving away from big batteries. Remember when the S had over 400 mile range? I fear CT will also get a battery cut.
I completely agree.
delivering 500 mile range would be a differentiator in the market.
It’s the number one reason for my order.
400 miles or less then starts to make the other options much more compelling.

slee44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck
Country flag

Yes price is matter, but range is the most matter. I'd buy the most range in CT models.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.