Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Here are some, but I have seen many people make their own adapter plates to lift their particular vehicle.
https://hi-lift.com/accessories/

Especially wider ground plates to help spread out the pressure on sand, mud, etc.
Sponsored

OP
OP
hridge2020

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
“If you build it, they will come”

OP
OP
hridge2020

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Country flag
Here are some, but I have seen many people make their own adapter plates to lift their particular vehicle.
https://hi-lift.com/accessories/

Especially wider ground plates to help spread out the pressure on sand, mud, etc.

Yep -- seems one can 3D print a base too, customized... hmmmm

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I assume one of the higher strength Nylon materials or resin printers?

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
CyberSpare Option on buyer OEM checklist [Vault(2tire) side-mount, vault bed tiedown, DIY bumper swingout, none].

Skip275

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor AWD
Country flag
-The vault mount can be mounted flush to either/both sides of the vault easier because there is no wheel well hump inside the bed and the t-slots will definitely help. Best for traveling around town when you are not expecting to load up the vault as they would be difficult to get to without emptying your load.
-Exterior bumper mounts would have to be made at an angle to match the rear tailgate but would work well while expecting to use the vault as you could get to them while vault is loaded and to your load by swinging it out of the way. Disadvantage is when towing a trailer. As there is no engine air intake in the front, this model could also be used as a front bumper as well, or both!
-I don’t know if the runk lid has enough room, but another option that would not interfere with trailering or vault use.
-The angled bed rack mount is the last option, problematic if you want to use the entire vault area with the cover open
Tesla Cybertruck Full size spare tire 35AF3FA0-E132-478C-B524-D172BE991536
Tesla Cybertruck Full size spare tire 4442BEDE-A86A-49E0-9871-86FCF821C0D0
Tesla Cybertruck Full size spare tire 0D7109C6-F3B0-4A44-A674-0906FD865067
Tesla Cybertruck Full size spare tire F1E019A4-D02E-4CD6-88D6-760CEDA5D14E
Tesla Cybertruck Full size spare tire 2CC18A6D-9381-47EF-A72F-B899E01C3E0E

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
The only problem with the hitch mount is you reduce the tongue weight of the towed trailer. If you are not towing a trailer, then no problem.

I hope there is a wide range of solutions people come up with that will meet their individual needs. That is best done by highly modular and standardized parts.

With the standardized parts handled (tow hitch, L-track, T-slots), then several options are possible... and I hope people think of more.

I would not want my visibilty compromised with a tire & wheel on the front like that (plus the front of the cybertruck is not that large), but maybe a front bumper mount, much like the rear hitch mount? Something to think about.

OP
OP
hridge2020

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Country flag
Possible some combination of L track fittings, T Slot fitting and railing development for the spare tire if no compartment develops for it in the design.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I have seen the front hitch added for both ease of towing and recovery of the vehicle and also to have a hitch mounted winch and so attaching it to the front or the back of the vehicle is possible, making the winch more versatile... but still something heavy to lug around.

I also plan on carrying a spare in the bed/vault when doing more than around town driving.

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
I like the idea of vertical mount in the bed. I don’t know if the height of the tire is too much to close the tonneau for the CT. I just checked in my Ram 2500 and it would be close. My 35” spare just sits in the bed flat in my current truck because I have a tonneau and the under bed space is meant for smaller tire. I have to deflate the spare just to get it to fit under bed and it’s a super tight fit. It’s not a big deal because I have on board air but every time I have to rotate tires it’s a PITA so I take up like 1/3 of my bed space with that monster tire. In the CT with the sloped tonneau it might barely be enough space to have the tire loaded vertical without interfering with the cover. Also those tires on the CT I guarantee weigh close to 100 lbs. If they are 35x12.5 the tire alone is about 75 lbs plus the wheel weight which will be about 30 to 40 lbs. No way I want to be lifting it over the roof.
Sponsored