Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
The best close-up I've found so far.
Tesla Cybertruck Aerial footage of Cybertruck driving!! 🚁 (w/ tonneau cover closed) 1677473045955

Waiting for those guys in the back to upload their photos and videos. :D
Sponsored

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
1677473045955.png

can’t see it behind the BAW….😎

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
If Jbee's theory turns out to be right, the whole side panels will lift ....... and if required, may be able to fold outwards revealing more solar panels.

Solar Glass, Tonneau, wings.
This Electric 'Rocket 88' is gonna FLY!
( 'Rocket 88' is the song given credit for being the 'FIRST' Rock 'n Roll era song.
CYBRTRK could well get the recognition for this NEW era in Transport.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
1677473045955.png

To me the video and all the pictures look good, except for the triangular side mirrors which look like pinocchio elf ears. Those triangular side mirrors are Yoooguly:

Tesla Cybertruck Aerial footage of Cybertruck driving!! 🚁 (w/ tonneau cover closed) 1677474643337

I like so much better the style of side mirrors they had on the slightly earlier pre-production version shown below:

Tesla Cybertruck Aerial footage of Cybertruck driving!! 🚁 (w/ tonneau cover closed) 1677473999348

One of the reasons I might be perceiving the triangle mirrors negatively (from this view anyway) is they have no edges parallel to any elements or lines in the truck behind them to which they're attached. But the more conventional style mirrors directly above have two edges appearing nearly parallel to both the side window top edge, and the side window back edge. To me this appears more cohesive with the truck lines while also providing more coverage in the outer parts of the mirrors.

- ÆCIII

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
To me the video and all the pictures look good, except for the triangular side mirrors which look like pinocchio elf ears. Those triangular side mirrors are Yoooguly:

1677474643337.png

I like so much better the style of side mirrors they had on the slightly earlier pre-production version shown below:

1677473999348.png

One of the reasons I might be perceiving the triangle mirrors negatively (from this view anyway) is they have no edges parallel to any elements or lines in the truck behind them to which they're attached. But the more conventional style mirrors directly above have two edges appearing nearly parallel to both the side window top edge, and the side window back edge. To me this appears more cohesive with the truck lines while also providing more coverage in the outer parts of the mirrors.

- ÆCIII
One day, we might 'reflect' on all this discussion around CYBRTRK and wonder how we found the Time. :)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

1677474643337.png

1677473999348.png

- ÆCIII
I love how literally every tiny change to this truck has it’s haters.

Not being sarcastic here or trying to belittle your opinion. It just cracks me up.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-

Not being sarcastic here or trying to belittle your opinion. It just cracks me up.
Since I haven't complained about this yet this is the perfect opportunity :LOL:. I think the black border surrounding the front lightbar that the OG truck had looks far better, gives it a meaner look.

Tesla Cybertruck Aerial footage of Cybertruck driving!! 🚁 (w/ tonneau cover closed) x

Tesla Cybertruck Aerial footage of Cybertruck driving!! 🚁 (w/ tonneau cover closed) y

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag

I appreciate your perspective and observation, but I don't consider the side mirrors a "tiny" change because they are quite noticeable, and their functionality is constantly used while driving. I would consider design changes to less-obtrusive elements like a wheel center cap, fender camera bezels, taillight reflectors, or even a door handle shape, as being "tiny", but I think the side mirrors are significantly visible and should not be discounted as a "tiny" change.

I think the pictures say it all, and maybe I should've written less and let the images do the talking. But as you can see in this post and others, I often have trouble "writing less". :)

I don't "hate" the triangular mirrors, but I do find their appearance ugly and perceive them to be less functional. So that is why I would remove them if they're on a delivered Cybertruck.

Now if I "hated" them, I'd remove them and then smash them with a sledgehammer, use them as targets at a gun range, heat them with a Mapp gas torch, and shred what's left of them in a crusher or smelt them in a vat of molten metal. But I just merely dislike their appearance and functionality, so simply removing them would suffice.

- ÆCIII

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Since I haven't complained about this yet this is the perfect opportunity :LOL:. I think the black border surrounding the front lightbar that the OG truck had looks far better, gives it a meaner look.

x.png

y.png
Your attempt to "jump in" is admirable, but I believe the lightbar border is actually present in both images, while being just washed out in the bright illumination of the lightbar when it is on.

- ÆCIII

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag

Agreed. Love how the original mirrors had so much hate. And now are looked back on fondly in light of newer mirrors.

Kinda like how people are revising their hatred for the prequel trilogy in light of the last 8 years of Star Wars movies.

CyberJustice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
The mirrors don't matter, I'm going to remove mine as soon as I get the truck.

When Elon talks about doing many refinements to the Cybertruck I think he means the bumper. There is a huge panel gap between the fender and bumper, also it sticks out from the exoskeleton whereas the prototype has it flush.

It also looks like the lightbar is bigger than the OG which actually looks better.