Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Maybe that? Looks like it is for the upper sail and it folds downward.

1677698731497.png
Those are the tie down loops, same as the ones at the bottom at the end of the bed and you can also just see them in the point of the alcove at the front of the bed. Tie down loops are a necessity if you really want to use the truck bed for truck bed things.
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Is there an instrument cluster, from the video I don’t see a raised area of the dash through the windshield for there to be one.
I didn’t see one yet and am disappointed.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
Where are the headlights?
Hope the bedliner is as tough as a Ford 150 sprayed in liner?
What about the Frunk? It better be like the Lightning and not the Rivian!
Where can I mount my surface to air missile tripod? I don't see a mounting bracket....

Awesome looking......really can't wait.

Gojuryu

First Name
Johnpual
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gojuryu.net
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Man, that looks like the whole front is connected to the hood like the Lightning.

Edit: Oh no, why is that area behind the rear window not aero again? That's something they had improved with the beta's.
if it is not available, there are definitely more than one of us in the CTOC working on an aftermarket attachment /upgrade

calitruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Tundra Supercharged, Prev: 2007 Tacoma
Country flag
Those are the tie down loops, same as the ones at the bottom at the end of the bed and you can also just see them in the point of the alcove at the front of the bed. Tie down loops are a necessity if you really want to use the truck bed for truck bed things.
Ah, makes total sense. Interesting. I've only owned Toyota trucks, a Tacoma and then a Tundra (30 years!) and have rarely used those tie down loops. Always used the sliding clamps on the side rails.

CyberJustice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
What is it about that investor day pic? Are the wheels larger? Are dimensions taughter? Iv never seen the truck look so well put together before? Maybe the quality of the camera? It's awesome 👌
It's the tires/wheels that what was making the beta models of the Cybertruck look off.

Deleted member 12457

Ah, makes total sense. Interesting. I've only owned Toyota trucks, a Tacoma and then a Tundra (30 years!) and have rarely used those tie down loops. Always used the sliding clamps on the side rails.
I have a Tacoma and those sliding rail clamps aren’t that great. I use the tie-down loops on the front but got rid of tailgate ones, adding a frame stiffener which has multiple tie-down locations.

EVOverlanding

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Cybertruck FS Order
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck INVESTOR DAY CYBERTRUCK BETA PRESENT! [w/ Walkaround Videos] 1677699650558

There's a chance these top buttons are for air suspension for the ramp. You don't need two buttons for a tonneau cover. Rivian only uses one for their powered covered.
Also no idea what that bottom button symbol is.

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
Where are the headlights?
I’m thinking what’s circled in red, but headlight discussion is not always agreed upon. I just can’t see the headlights being behind that frosted lens of the light bar below the hood lip. Time will tell…

Tesla Cybertruck INVESTOR DAY CYBERTRUCK BETA PRESENT! [w/ Walkaround Videos] 8083CF39-5D82-45E9-8264-100549C34275

Deleted member 12457

Has anyone tried using an iPhone with LiDAR to create a 3D image? I doubt Apple would allow a regular LiDAR system to create one.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
1677699650558.png

There's a chance these top buttons are for air suspension for the ramp. You don't need two buttons for a tonneau cover. Rivian only uses one for their powered covered.
Also no idea what that bottom button symbol is.
You do need two buttons for the bed cover. It can be partially opened, so if you are trying to get just the right amount of opening to fit something in, you'll want to be able to move it up or down in increments.

RonGonRetired

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Model S, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2016 Chevy 3500HD High Country
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Apparently the charge port is in the left rear fender moulding? I didn't see any other openings except the upper rear corner of the fairing.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I’m thinking what’s circled in red, but headlight discussion is not always agreed upon. I just can’t see the headlights being behind that frosted lens of the light bar below the hood lip. Time will tell…

8083CF39-5D82-45E9-8264-100549C34275.jpeg
headlights are to the right of your circled area. And turn signal is to the right of that. I'm thinking the light bar below the frunk lid is a fog light.

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
Apparently the charge port is in the left rear fender moulding? I didn't see any other openings except the upper rear corner of the fairing.
Yes, they moved the charge port to the rear fender molding a while back from what we saw, probably for the same reason they removed the door handles, to reduce costs and time not having to make cut outs in the SS.
Sponsored