Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla first-production Model 3 (LR, RWD, EAP+FSD), red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
So that's why they parked the CT in front of the exhaust of the wind tunnel ;-) They can presumably crank up enough force to make sure the arm won't twist while in action, sort of a tornado or something...

Bathbunny

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla first-production Model 3 (LR, RWD, EAP+FSD), red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Individual wipers for Tesla on the shop range from 25-35 usd. Twice the size so probably twice the price. But you only have to buy half as many lol.
I seriously doubt the price increase will be linear -- blades for existing Tesla models fall well within normal sizes for all type of cars and so are mass produced, but the blade on the CT is going to be unique to the CT itself for some time to come. Still, even if it costs 5-10x as much as a "normal" pair, it's not going to be a significant part of maintenance costs.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I seriously doubt the price increase will be linear -- blades for existing Tesla models fall well within normal sizes for all type of cars and so are mass produced, but the blade on the CT is going to be unique to the CT itself for some time to come. Still, even if it costs 5-10x as much as a "normal" pair, it's not going to be a significant part of maintenance costs.
It's two basically normal blades.

-Crissa

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
But what if it is just 2 normal sized blades. They could even be different sizes. It might even be a total of 4 blades on one BAW arm.

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere, but noted on the concern of potential cost of wiper blade replacements.

I am actually more concerned about the cost of a windshield replacement. I am still stunned on how my main stream high volume model three windshield replacement cost between $1800-$1900! (per Safelite) 😬

Hopefully the steep rake will help avoid cracks from rocks.

Surfbigisland

First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
I would be concerned about the torque needed to move that arm with buildup like snow....
Ya, I was thinking the same thing and foolishly waited a week, now I'm 500,000. :(

Raebrek

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Highlander, 2016 Subaru Outback
Country flag
Imagine if you will. A snowy day. You are going out to your truck. Cold and snow so you precondition the truck so it will be ready and comfy to drive. Out in the parking lot your truck backs up 3 feet. The suspension lowers in the front and raises in the back. The BAW wipes a few times sending the snow to the ground in front of the truck. Then the suspension normalizes and the truck pulls forward again. A curious F150 electric owner goes over to peek at the pile of snow now underneath the cyber truck. While she is examining it the cyber truck raises up the suspension and starts shaking like a wet dog, thus eliminating the rest of the snow.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Heated Alon windscreen. Pivot the truck down, and all the snow slides off.