Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Electrician at Tesla
Country flag
With what’s going on in some major city’s in America today I am sure some folks would like to have had the Cybertruck instead of a conventional vehicle.
Except for the tires and possibly the windshield I would think the Cybertruck would fair pretty well against fire, rocks and such. At least you would not lose the entire vehicle I would hope.
What are the thoughts of members on the durability of this vehicle in a apocalyptic world?

The truck needs a "Phaser" option lol, one button sends a shock through the skin of the truck dropping would be attackers. Something like from Startrek, Phasers, set it to stun lol.

mrbulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D
Country flag
The truck needs a "Phaser" option lol, one button sends a shock through the skin of the truck dropping would be attackers. Something like from Startrek, Phasers, set it to stun lol.
Touch my Cybertruck? Phasers set to FRY!!!

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I miss the charm of the old days. "U toucha my car I breaka u face"

OP
OP
CyberCop

CyberCop

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado HD , Cybertruck dual on order
Occupation
Retired LEO ?‍♂??
Country flag
I was wondering how something like an electric fence controller would work on the stainless steel exoskeleton...
just wondering :unsure:

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500
Occupation
Retired surgical oncologist
Country flag
I was wondering how something like an electric fence controller would work on the stainless steel exoskeleton...
You use a barcode reader with a barcode sticker on the rear window.

mrbulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D
Country flag
...with a small sign, "Remove footwear, stand in puddle before touching vehicle."

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
"Who wouldn't want to be a leader in Apocalypse Technology?"
I have been a leader in Apocalypse technology for years.
For years I have had lasers, guided missile, stealth, cloak, machine gun, steamroller, burrow, shockwave... Recent additions to my Armory include grenades and airstrike.

I have been playing this tank driving game, called BZFlag. It's been around since the late 90's.
My game server has been called Apocalypse since 2012.
It's old-school fast-action arcade style multiplayer combat.
Available for any computer type. (no phones)
It's totally free, no one makes money from it.
It's open source, if you know C++ you can contribute to it.

Like I said, it's been around for a very long time, it's in zombie status in the year 2020, It's dead, but refuses to be buried. Nevertheless we always welcome new players.
I invite you to download the game from https://www.bzflag.org

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
any vehicle can be a target
Tesla Cybertruck Durability in a lawless society. Any vehicle can be a target

OP
OP
CyberCop

CyberCop

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado HD , Cybertruck dual on order
Occupation
Retired LEO ?‍♂??
Country flag
any vehicle can be a target
Any vehicle can be a target.png
I’m sure a 3rd part manufacture will come up with self righting, in the vault actuators that will automatically sense the vehicles position and take appropriate action to not only put the vehicle back upright but also address the threat that caused this and eliminate it.
Just saying

checho

First Name
sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB 300SD, MB 240D, Silverado 2003, cybertruck tri-motor on queue, elio on queue.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Not if it is a large group of armed cops breaking the windows, in that case the most you will be able to do is record the video like many that already have that happen to them.

checho

First Name
sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB 300SD, MB 240D, Silverado 2003, cybertruck tri-motor on queue, elio on queue.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
A production vehicle, car or truck has obviously a far less protective envelope. Both body and glass.
Cybertruck is far closer to an Armoured Personnel Carrier than any other production vehicle.

Do you think Police forces and people need to be looking to make their vehicles into Armoured Personnel Carrier’s, or would it be better to society, safer for society to remove the need for such protection !

Police forces in the U.S. for some time have been getting hand me down military vehicles and equipment, as it is, do you think that it may lead some of them to misunderstand, distort their role in society ?
Maybe even take liberties with the citizens that they confuse as the “civilian population” under their inflated authority. Perhaps forget they are there to “Protect and to Serve”.

But then again, the U.S. seems to be on its own, relative to the rest of the 1st first world, with an understanding about access , and reason for firearms in the general population.

Tesla I expect and hope will gain Cybertruck sales from emergency service organisations of many descriptions, and utility’s in any case.

But the Cybertruck’s strong body and armoured glass is a product of structural engineering, structural necessity, of the Exoskeleton. Its Bullet Proof body is a BY-PRODUCT of construction, not an objective of the construction.

The fact its Bullet - Proof body is “badass and Cool” is a welcome side effect.

Very strong glass in the windscreen and roof, is needed as it acts as a structural member.
Very strong glass is in effect Armoured Glass.

If the Exoskeleton body could be made with say 2mm thick Stainless Steel Plate instead of 3mm thick, it would be done so, to save weight, and money, and gain driving range.
3mm is needed for structural reasons. Bullet Proof ability is not the intention, it is a welcome side effect.

I just wish to point out gently, the word “lawlessness” in the title topic is a sad reflection of the times, and the Cybertruck is in no way by design an answer to that.
As the lawlessness is actually a result of the “law” and the Policy makers, and leaders . . . . . . . which some may argue, is the fault of the people who elected them in the first place !
And its the "lawlessness" that needs to addressed not how to accept and live with it.

P.S. I just a wanted a Cybertruck to combat supermarket trolley dints when I parked the car !
Boy have I underestimated the future.
Maybe the Zombie Apocalypse has already started ! ;)
There’s a weird orange creature that’s brain dead, eating chemicals, aiding a virus and frightening people in the streets

But just like the Spacex package for the Roadster, perhaps Tesla will come out with the
Bronx or Gaza Strip edition Cybertruck that has extra thick body panels. Then you know exactly what that's designed for !
It is only bullet proof for small calibers, making it bullet proof for higher calibers would make it very heavy and expensive. I believe it will stop a 9mm bullet but not a 10mm bullet.

Reactions: Geo

Jimo

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TESLA Model X, 2003 Thunderbird, 2016 Nissan NV 3500
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I know everything there is to know about the U.S., I’ve seen all the Seinfeld episodes, Gilligan’s Island too ! I took the family to Disneyland, Universal Studios, Washington Museums, and a few other things,
oh’ and I’ve seen the SR71 :)

I’m sure there’s nothing else worth seeing or doing . . . . . until the Cybertruck factory is built ;-)

Yes, unfortunately confronted by such a destructive fool, perhaps I would have to make him reconsider his actions, of course he may see reason on his own, when he removes that rod he’s brandishing from an uncomfortable location. ( oh’ and I love most of the U.S. action movies too. I get all my lessons in life from them ;))

But that destructive fool will only ever be a symptom. The urgent real issue will still need addressing.

And if its not addressed, the symptoms just keep multiplying until they consume everything.
Even, all that's good.

And it won’t be addressed by the 2nd Amendment. Exercising that right, is both ineffectual and is giving those in authority both the excuse and the motivation to stomp on its citizens protesting peacefully, even harder.

The U.S. authorities can bring multiple whole foreign countries and all their military resources to yield, in no time flat. Case in point “mission accomplished” in Iraq. In a handful of weeks.

So I must say it seems to me that even with the ridiculously powerful firearms commonly available to the general population, Im certain, its no contest, if its population rises in protest to overthrow their govt, using force !

By the way, your re always going to have a portion of society that is unproductive, or worse.
But how big that population is, and is the Govt policy making more or less of them !

America leads the world in so many ways, the 20th century was the American century, no other country did more for civilisation and its self, but the disparity between its have and have not's is phenomenally unfortunate.

P.S. If I was driving that car I might be thinking I could take that anarchist little sxxt, but if he was bigger, I wouldn’t.

Far better to descalate or remove myself from the situation like the actual driver did.

I was going to get the on road tyres, but I may choose the off-road ones, I think I’ll need the Kevlar reinforcement. Just a little more peace of mind against knives and guns ;)

Who do I sound like :
I know every thing there is to know about the U.S.
Nobody knows the U.S. Better than I do :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Looks like you're going all "Crocodile Dundee" on them!!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.