Tesla Cybertruck Racks at Sunrise CT-Rack 007 - LWH-LS Sunrise
Tesla Cybertruck Racks at Sunrise CT-Rack 008 - SWM-Sunrise
Tesla Cybertruck Racks at Sunrise CT-Rack 009 - SNL-Sunrise
Tesla Cybertruck Racks at Sunrise CT-Rack 009 - Sunrise
I am not Trevor Milton and these
are not 'Real Real Racks'.
** Virtual Renderings Only **​
≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡​

These only exist in the virtual world. Sorry I will not provide more image resolution or specific details at this time. I will offer some of their general (virtual) characteristics and objectives below.​
Design considerations in the virtual world include three sizes, Narrow, Wide, and Wide-Extended. Racks were intentionally designed to have parallel sides with equal width from front to back, with offset supports to the Cybertruck attachment edges.​
Each size increase is also mounted higher, for consideration of upper camera and forward visibility with lengthy cargo. These racks are meant for overhead bulky but not extremely heavy cargo, and with inherent lower center of gravity in the Cybertruck likely, there should be minimal concern for top heaviness. Those using trucks for this purpose know and expect different driving, handling, range, and wind resistance, so please don't waste everyone's time about comments citing drag because all trucks with racks will experience those known factors.​
These virtual examples are using the earliest Cybertruck prototypes. so adjustments to fit newer prototypes would be slightly different in size and appearance.​
The first two sizes are slightly over 11 feet in length, with the larger just over 14 1/2 feet. The larger two rack carrier frames are well over 5 feet in width, with the narrow being a foot less. The widest rack outsides are still more narrow than the Cybertruck body, even without side mirrors. It's not apparent from the limited views but the rear three frame cross-members are removable with thumb bolts for more open access to the vault without having to remove the rack as often.​
The first two (Wide-Extended) rack renderings show examples of 20 foot long stock, including three pieces of 20 foot 5/4 decking, three 12 foot long 2x4s, one piece 20 foot 6 inch outside corner trim, one piece 20 foot 6 inch Sch-40 PVC pipe, and and extension ladder collapsed to about 18 feet. These are larger long items that contractors may sometimes carry to a job site.​
The second (Wide) rack rendering has two 13 foot canoes with paddles.​
The last (Narrow) rack rendering has more building materials, including two 3 inch PVC pipe sections ten feet long, eight pieces 2x4 lumber 12 foot long in two stacks of four each, and a shorter extension ladder collapsed to approximately 12 feet.​
These are only virtual renderings not real, using older Cybertruck prototypes.​

The purpose of the renderings is to illustrate additional examples of what racks could look like on the Cybertruck, and to promote third-party Cybertruck attachment points as Elon mentioned, to give contractors and future owners confidence the Cybertruck will be versatile for work and play.

No need to scrutinize too much because again these are older prototypes already out of date, and there are many other ways racks can be designed, depending on objectives. But I thought their appearance was still worth sharing.

Again - they're Not Real everyone.

- ÆCIII
Sponsored

Last edited:

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Very nice. And with the adjustable suspension, the CT can "squat down" to make loading/unloading easier.

Surfbigisland

First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
@Surfbigisland and @Crissa might be interested in these:

Good Morning ...

CT-Rack 003 - Sunrise.png
CT-Rack 003a - Sunrise.png
CT-Rack 003b - Sunrise.png
CT-Rack 005 - LWH-LS Sunrise.png
CT-Rack 007 - LWH-LS Sunrise.png
CT-Rack 008 - SWM-Sunrise.png
CT-Rack 009 - SNL-Sunrise.png
I am not Trevor Milton and these
are not 'Real Real Racks'.

These only exist in the virtual world. Sorry I will not provide more image resolution or specific details at this time. I will offer some of their general (virtual) characteristics and objectives below.​
Design considerations in the virtual world include three sizes, Narrow, Wide, and Wide-Extended. Racks were intentionally designed to have parallel sides with equal width from front to back, with offset supports to the Cybertruck attachment edges.​
Each size increase is also mounted higher, for consideration of upper camera and forward visibility with lengthy cargo. These racks are meant for overhead bulky but not extremely heavy cargo, and with inherent lower center of gravity in the Cybertruck likely, there should be minimal concern for top heaviness. Those using trucks for this purpose know and expect different driving, handling, range, and wind resistance, so please don't waste everyone's time about comments citing drag because all trucks with racks will experience those known factors.​
These virtual examples are using the earliest Cybertruck prototypes. so adjustments to fit newer prototypes would be slightly different in size and appearance.​
The first two sizes are slightly over 11 feet in length, with the larger just over 14 1/2 feet. The larger two rack carrier frames are well over 5 feet in width, with the narrow being a foot less. The widest rack outsides are still more narrow than the Cybertruck body, even without side mirrors. It's not apparent from the limited views but the rear three frame cross-members are removable with thumb bolts for more open access to the vault without having to remove the rack as often.​
The first two (Wide-Extended) rack renderings show examples of 20 foot long stock, including three pieces of 20 foot 5/4 decking, three 12 foot long 2x4s, one piece 20 foot 6 inch outside corner trim, one piece 20 foot 6 inch Sch-40 PVC pipe, and and extension ladder collapsed to about 18 feet. These are larger long items that contractors may sometimes carry to a job site.​
The second (Wide) rack rendering has two 13 foot canoes with paddles.​
The last (Narrow) rack rendering has more building materials, including two 3 inch PVC pipe sections ten feet long, eight pieces 2x4 lumber 12 foot long in two stacks of four each, and a shorter extension ladder collapsed to approximately 12 feet.​
These are only virtual renderings not real, using older Cybertruck prototypes.​

The purpose of the renderings is to illustrate additional examples of what racks could look like on the Cybertruck, and to promote third-party Cybertruck attachment points as Elon mentioned, to give contractors and future owners confidence the Cybertruck will be versatile for work and play.

No need to scrutinize too much because again these are older prototypes already out of date, and there are many other ways racks can be designed, depending on objectives. But I thought their appearance was still worth sharing.

Again - they're Not Real everyone.

- ÆCIII
Nice! Thank you for doing that. I can see my contractor packs of crown molding and baseboard strapped to that. :unsure: I also have a non-profit that cleans large bundles of jettisoned commercial fishing tackle off the coastlines of Hawaii Island. I wonder if I could mount my winch on the lumber rack and then use the ramp tailgate to haul the nets right into the bed of the truck. I'll probably have to modify the racks for the additional lateral load. Damn, I'm so excited to get this machine.
Sponsored