Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
'Come on down. The price is right'
By the time Australian CYBRTRK deliveries start, this might be a thing!

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
‘There I was, thought I was gonna die….”

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Air bags. Also a second one above the window. Take a look at any modern car pillars and you will see smaller plastic covers for air bags in the same spots.
Um... doubtful. It's more likely access to the mirror. At least it was in my F350... The airbags are tucked in between the headliner and door seal. Well, in that area, anyway. I had to remove and replace motors in my sunroof and the airbags in there made it a little sporty. You probably can't punch out an airbag from a 3"x3" square.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
It's more likely access to the mirror. At least it was in my F350...
the CT mirrors are not attached to the pillars, they are attached to the doors - and swing out with the doors

Similarly, I believe you’re mistaken that you had an F350 with mirrors that attached to the pillars - the doors couldn’t open if the mirrors are fixed to the pillars. They were attached to the forward surrounds of the door.

the CT window doesn’t have forward or upper surrounds - they are glass only

(Ignore the arrow, was for a different point)

Tesla Cybertruck 💬 Cybertruck production starting next week (month of June) confirmed by Tesla manufacturing engineer at Automate trade show 192B3115-9A29-4582-A7D0-3FEA853EEF86

Tesla Cybertruck 💬 Cybertruck production starting next week (month of June) confirmed by Tesla manufacturing engineer at Automate trade show BC3F0E52-383E-4E1A-BB35-89B53632D1B5

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
the CT mirrors are not attached to the pillars, they are attached to the doors - and swing out with the doors

Similarly, I believe you’re mistaken that you had an F350 with mirrors that attached to the pillars - the doors couldn’t open if the mirrors are fixed to the pillars. They were attached to the forward surrounds of the door.

the CT window doesn’t have forward or upper surrounds - they are glass only

(Ignore the arrow, was for a different point)

192B3115-9A29-4582-A7D0-3FEA853EEF86.jpeg

BC3F0E52-383E-4E1A-BB35-89B53632D1B5.jpeg
You are correct. Man, my memory sucks. I did replace the passenger mirror in that truck... I have the garage door frame as proof. And the sunroof sucked a lot removing but I was grateful that I was able to close it even when the motor stopped and more grateful that someone had made a Youtube video on how to do it.