Cybertruck is Eternal?... The last vehicle you ever need to purchase?

JackPaladin

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cybertruck Trimotor Full Self Driving
Country flag

With 30X cold rolled stainless steel, Armor glass, easy component swapout, over the air upgrades, etc., buy one and keep it literally forever.
So, instead of a 6 year life, eternal life?

Imagine the results... buy ONE Cybertruck when you are 18 years old, never have to buy another car ever.
Multigenerational... pass it on to your kids and grandkids and great grandkids... to infinity and beyond...
It's like buying mobile real estate.

Other results:
No more used car lots... ( They go out of business. No one gets rid of their Cybertruck ever. )

Insurance cost almost negligible... built like a tank, active self driving avoids 99% of accidents.
( Tesla provides insurance, all other auto insurance companies go bankrupt.)

Robotaxi your Cybertruck when you're not driving it, make about $30,000 a year in passive income.
Drive to work, then Cybertruck works FOR you, while you are at work, then picks you up.
Drive home, then Cybertruck works FOR you, while you sleep. And supercharges itself when demand is low.

Ideas?
Sponsored

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
It may be the last vehicle I buy however it will still show its age after a while. If everything is upgradable then it will last longer. Battery swap every million miles to keep it going strong. Eventually it will be cheaper to replace or take Robotaxi everywhere than own it.

OP
OP
JackPaladin

JackPaladin

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks! They will become "Classic" or "Vintage", not used.
Old guys like me like and restore the old muscle cars now.
I personally drive a 1955 Mack Fire Engine daily as a tour bus over the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, for example. :)

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
Remember this has a ton of electronics, and only Tesla has the software. If (I don't think it's likely, just saying IF) Tesla goes out of business and your ECU (any computer in the car) fails, you have an expensive paperweight.

There are enough wealthy people with Teslas that reverse engineering may be possible. It wasn't for the Think City.

I had a Think City (not the NEV, the real car). I gambled and lost.

Besides, people get new (to them) cars based on desire, rarely on need. A car market, new and used, will remain.

OP
OP
JackPaladin

JackPaladin

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Remember this has a ton of electronics, and only Tesla has the software. If (I don't think it's likely, just saying IF) Tesla goes out of business and your ECU (any computer in the car) fails, you have an expensive paperweight.

There are enough wealthy people with Teslas that reverse engineering may be possible. It wasn't for the Think City.

I had a Think City (not the NEV, the real car). I gambled and lost.

Besides, people get new (to them) cars based on desire, rarely on need. A car market, new and used, will remain.
Cybertruck is the official truck of Mars, ( the pressurized version), so, maybe a future for support... BUT... Elon will fly to Mars asap he knows he won't die on impact, so maybe he will just say, "So long, and thanks for all the fish." And forget about Earth, and use Mars to colonize the solar system. :)
The basic mechanical parts are easily reverse engineered... The electronic and software components almost impossible.

leducjjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 F150, 2011 Jeep Patriot
Country flag
I've a 1997 F150 that I plan to drive daily for the next year or two. It has 406k+ miles on it today. Over the last 10 years of ownership I've had most major parts replaced.

Thankfully all but a few parts are still available. For those that are no longer manufactured, the mech had to do creative part crafting.

So long-term ownership and maintenance will require similar experiences and reliability of the Tesla or whoever takes over parts and labor if Elon takes Tesla company with him to Mars.

The one thing that meticulous care won't prevent is accidents. I've a thread started on that topic. Maybe those interested in a "forever CT" will be interested in the responses to that thread.

scottysize

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
This will be my last vehicle to purchase. I plan on retiring in 2027 or 2028. I'm going to keep driving my Model 3 to and from work keeping the miles down on my CT. I bought FSD, because I plan on having this truck for the rest of my life. I do not have kids and I'm going to keep a way to get around town later in life, so I'll be able to have my truck take me to the store and my doctor appointments, etc. This si it. It really is going to be the last vehicle I purchase for myself.

Duramax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CTS-V, 850hp Diesel
Country flag
Nothing lasts forever, but this is definitely one of the things I've thought about in buying the vehicle. It should last a VERY long time.
I would be perfectly happy if it lasts as long as my 2006 Duramax LBZ. Best truck ever mass produced. Every other truck pales in comparisson including the 2005 Duramax and the 2007 Duramax. But this one should stand the test of time, if the electronics and batteries hold up.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
truth is the tech will be so archaic that the vehicle will be a very low performance vehicle in 15 years....like an Edsel called the blue armadillo in my neighborhood back in the 1970's...the damn thing just looked a little faded. It still performed at the level it was engineered to do... it was just so sad to see it doing its very best, and not even keeping up with the pintos.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
but do NOT get me wrong...it will be MY Armadillo

Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag

With 30X cold rolled stainless steel, Armor glass, easy component swapout, over the air upgrades, etc., buy one and keep it literally forever.
So, instead of a 6 year life, eternal life?

Imagine the results... buy ONE Cybertruck when you are 18 years old, never have to buy another car ever.
Multigenerational... pass it on to your kids and grandkids and great grandkids... to infinity and beyond...
It's like buying mobile real estate.

Other results:
No more used car lots... ( They go out of business. No one gets rid of their Cybertruck ever. )

Insurance cost almost negligible... built like a tank, active self driving avoids 99% of accidents.
( Tesla provides insurance, all other auto insurance companies go bankrupt.)

Robotaxi your Cybertruck when you're not driving it, make about $30,000 a year in passive income.
Drive to work, then Cybertruck works FOR you, while you are at work, then picks you up.
Drive home, then Cybertruck works FOR you, while you sleep. And supercharges itself when demand is low.

Ideas?
Maybe that's why they call the bed the "Vault" :)

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I am gonna steal that.... I always felt like I was Fred Flintstone, big and loud. And my 2008 Dodge Big Horn pick-up has felt like a dinosaur for about 5 years. (I think it was the last car sold with a CD player.)
I am going from the log-mobile to the spacemobile.
Sponsored