What apps would you like available in the Cybertruck?

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
The Tesla screen is great for both driving and entertainment, but there are a lot of useful app that I still hope to see. What are some apps you would like to see added.
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
One of my favorite Apps is My Radar. It's great to know when and approximately how much rain is coming, when I'm playing outdoors, or driving.

OP
OP
CyberMoose

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I would like a video chat app like skype or something similar. I do a lot of traveling for work and to be able to video chat for work, or video chat with friends and family while I am on the road without needing to bring out my laptop and have it on the dash would be nice.

There is already cameras pointed inside of Teslas, so this shouldn't be hard.

OP
OP
CyberMoose

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I'm curious about what you mean by Alexa. Like Alexa compatibility where you can tell Alexa to heat the car or set a destination while inside the house? or like Alexa inside the car where you can control everything just by saying Alexa while driving?

lqdchkn

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
OP
OP
CyberMoose

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
It would be interesting if they did that. I could see Alexa being able to control the climate or set the destination through third party apps, and that may even be possible now but I haven't seen it. However, I don't see Tesla putting an Amazon system in their vehicles to control things while driving. Maybe through your phone, but I think if Tesla was going to have a voice activated system to control the car while driving, they would probably design it themselves and call it something stupid and nerdy to go with the theme that Tesla sort of already has going for it with it's software.

lqdchkn

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
It would be interesting if they did that. I could see Alexa being able to control the climate or set the destination through third party apps, and that may even be possible now but I haven't seen it. However, I don't see Tesla putting an Amazon system in their vehicles to control things while driving. Maybe through your phone, but I think if Tesla was going to have a voice activated system to control the car while driving, they would probably design it themselves and call it something stupid and nerdy to go with the theme that Tesla sort of already has going for it with it's software.
Naw I dont want it to run on crappy Amazon branded Android. I just want the Alexa app to run on the display so I can use it to access my home devices connected through her.
Q96ODxX3P30hsMqCj3D7pLbgf2x-56nRIBPxtj6JoEHM_o4adw.gif

OP
OP
CyberMoose

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Naw I dont want it to run on crappy Amazon branded Android. I just want the Alexa app to run on the display so I can use it to access my home devices connected through her.
Q96ODxX3P30hsMqCj3D7pLbgf2x-56nRIBPxtj6JoEHM_o4adw.gif
Yeah I wouldn't want it either even if it was an option. But for people that do, there will probably be an option for Alexa to control a third party app that can control a Tesla. I couldn't see Tesla actually putting in a third party voice command software into their vehicles. I doubt it would be impossible in the future and i'm sure someone will find a way to have Alexa in their Cybertruck. It wouldn't be hard to install a hidden mic that auto connects to your phone when you are in the car and that might be a work around. I'll wait until they come out with some R2D2 sounding robot that takes my commands for me, that is something I would actually find pretty cool.

AzCyGuy

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Phone screen mirroring would be amazing. AM radio as well. It would be very entertaining to have an app that mimicks real engine noises, diesel, v8, v10, nascar, spaceship, etc. Like the app "XLR8".

B17gary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck tri motor
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
After driving through California last week, I'd like to see a complete bio defense system.
It was like driving through a petri dish on fire, and I don't think this will be the last pandemic or forest fire.

OP
OP
CyberMoose

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Elon said that the bed of the truck will have partial bio defense capabilities. I'm assuming that means that the truck itself will have it but the cover won't be air tight.

But it does seem like the cab will be just as safe from bio weapon attacks as the Model S and X. Don't forget, the Cybertruck is going to be Elon's main vehicle as well, I'm sure he wants it to be just as good as we do.

Hoppi

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri-motor
Country flag
Just read this from Electrek:
https://electrek.co/2020/09/24/tesla-sentry-mode-amazons-ring-usb-hub/

Ideally, instead of a separate piece of Ring hardware, Tesla would just enable us to enter some settings as to where we want to upload sentry mode videos. From what I understand Tesla already uploads driving videos for FSD training anyway so if they just pull sentry mode video too and allow you to push that video to somewhere specific for your own use.

And actually if it would upload all the video it takes (probably need some settings as to which camera angles you want) that would be cool too.

at a minimum upload the videos to a google drive or AWS. But potentially also to services like Ring.

And as long as you’ve got a data feed like that perhaps a data feed as to the gps coordinates of your vehicle at all times, any service related stats that might be illuminating (trip distances, charge remaining, charge speed, brake pad remaining). Or perhaps some bragging rights stats like steepest off road climb, bumpiest road, slowest rock crawl, etc.
Sponsored