Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
I head that term for the first time today - calling someone who comes into EV forums and threads to spread misinformation about EVs (typically the "expensive battery replacement" and "EVs are coal-powered" crowd) an ICE troll.

Which, obviously I know what a troll is, but adding that Skyrim flair for a specific troll sub-type made me smile.

I think we popularize this term. I like it.
Sponsored

Deleted member 3884

I used to be an adventure like you, until I took an arrow to the knee.

I like the term ICE trolls. It’s fitting. I’m going to use that from now on.

OP
OP
WildhavenMI

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
Same. I do not get the innate hatred towards EVs. I don't get the coal rolling that happens to EVs, which being out here in Bro-dozer ag land I have actually seen a few times.

I think EVs got associated with "liberal" and that's the angle of attack for some of this stuff.

Deleted member 3884

I’m glad I’m not alone in feeling hate towards EVs. Some people just want to argue and fight about my excitement with EVs. I come to the conclusion they are just noise. I hope someday I can pull them out of the mud or help them with my Cybertruck.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
From what I’ve seen of humanity, many people compare the decisions of others with their own to help identify if they are making the “right” decision.

But instead of accepting the situation when there is a difference between the decisions of self vs others, they tend to take 1 of 2 paths.

1: Accept that their personal decision is different and either modify or solidify their own decision.

2: Become more hardened in their own position and start to criticize the decision of anyone else who has a different outcome. The more fearful these people are about their own decision, the more denial and hardening it will take to hold their own position. Which will tend to cause them to be even more extreme in criticizing the decisions of others.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I like to point out that people who hate on EVs hate America and want them dependent on foreign oil. I then sit back and let them try to dig out from that.