Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I wonder if I could fit 37’s on it. That would look killer.
I would imagine this would be fairly easy to do. Those are already 35" tires. I doubt you would need any mods.
Sponsored

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
After viewing the Wrangler Specs. More leaning to the following tires. (Based on-road noise/warranty)

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Tires Bridgeston Duelers imagery
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Tires Bridgestone Duelers
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Tires Scorpion all terrain plus
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Tires Scropion Terrain specs
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Tires General Tire Grabber
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Tires General grabber info

dano0726

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler
Occupation
Treasury Finance Insurance
Country flag
I'm curious which reviewers rated those above-listed Duelers as a "9.x" in the rain/wet conditions -- had a set on my Jeep JK Wrangler and they were terrible in Houston (heavy rain/wet driving is a weekly event...)

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
If you don’t like the tires that come with the CT then I would suggest the nitto ridgegrappler. Mine have 30k miles on them on and off-road and they still look new.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
It is going to be interesting to see what tires will be made for this vehicle that will balance low rolling resistance on the highway against better grip in adverse conditions (rain, snow, mud, dirt, rock, etc).

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Early EVs used very special, small, high pressure tires with reduced tread depth. They had to do this because batteries were so bad that this was the only way to achieve any kind of range. Many swapped to normal tires anyway, reporting anywhere from 10 to 15 percent range decrease.

Batteries are no longer so bad. Now normal tires, with normal longevity, can be used.

Now it is ludicrous mode that will wear out your tires.

(EVs since 2002)
I am proud of you Dave. Rockin the Toyota Siennas (2) I have one myself. Great car for an ICE. You must be undercompensating.

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
I am proud of you Dave. Rockin the Toyota Siennas (2) I have one myself. Great car for an ICE. You must be undercompensating.
At the in-laws for Thanksgiving week-end, with a honey-do list. So, full size ladder, refrigerator, two coolers, suitcases, dog crate. All inside. Very comfortable leather seats, 3-zone A/C.

Minivans are not the snazziest vehicles on the road, or very exciting. But they are so practical. And very dependable... well, they are Toyotas. ;)

My wife and I were discussing our Rivian and Cybertruck orders during the drive and failing to understand how people (for instance, on forums) can be so down on minivans.

Oh, and sliding doors! S0 much better in parking lots and in the garage.

Sorry if I droned on a bit... :D

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Minivans are not the snazziest vehicles on the road, or very exciting. But they are so practical. And very dependable... well, they are Toyotas. ;)

My wife and I were discussing our Rivian and Cybertruck orders during the drive and failing to understand how people (for instance, on forums) can be so down on minivans.

Oh, and sliding doors! S0 much better in parking lots and in the garage.

Sorry if I droned on a bit... :D
I used to be fascinated with sliding doors and why they were not on more vehicles.

After some research and talking to a mechanic...

A dent that would never bother a normal car door (hinge or double hinge) would keep a sliding door from working. Increasing the number of locations that a failure can keep the door from opening compared to a hinged door and their increased cost is why they probably are not as popular.

Now, I have not owned a minivan that has been my daily driver, but I have ridden in several and rented one for a long car trip once. I did like so many features... I could be wrong and the pros might outweigh the cons...

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
Having had 2 minivans and some crazy kids, I can definitely add my appreciation for sliding doors! They are huge lifesavers in tight parking situations (practically every day around here) and excellent for thr comfort and ease of getting in the littles, bluckling them up, loading and unloading, the list goes on and on...

I look at sliding doors like hatchbacks: you never know how much you love them until you have one, and you never miss another feature more after it's gone.

As for the tires: my M3 had tires replaced at about 20k miles because sidewall damage on one, and replacing the whole set with some normal tires was about the same price as 1 matching replacement. I kept the 3 original tires as spares, and they look to have about 50% tread left on them. The original Michelans are known to wear out fast though because they're so grippy, but if you slap on normal everyday tires you'll get more lifetime miles at the sacrifice of some grip.

How much grip and how much lifetime miles and at what cost will be completely up to you as everyone's situation and needs for a truck are different. I will likely replace mine when they go bad with standard AT tires because I don't foresee myself taking our CT on high adventures all the time. We will go on camping trips periodically, but the trails we take are mild. This will keep tire costs and wear relatively low while still providing some grip when it's needed, but not so much that I'm carrying rock crawlers around with me to work every day.

Last edited:

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
Covering the majority of flats isn’t good enough for me. I bought a car that came with a can of fix-a-flat instead of a spare and within a month I had a sidewalk blowout deep in the Navajo reservation. Fix kit was useless. I had to hike up a hill just to get reception, and then AAA told me there were no available tows. I had to leave the car overnight, and I would have been stranded too if my friend didn’t drive an hour out to get me. Next thing I did was buy a spare on eBay to carry with me.

All that to say, I want a spare with me at all times. Especially in an off-roader that is meant to go to remote locations.
And people say experience is worthless. Agreed. peace

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The vast majority of cars are not in remote locations. I agree, if you're heading somewhere remote, take a spare.

But if you're not, why carry the extra weight and bulk around? I don't carry my winter tires or even the socks in the summer. Why would I?

It's pretty much the same, make sure you have the gear you need to get home. No more, no less.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Last edited: