Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Yesterday Elon Musk said Tesla would have to get real lucky to delivery any CyberTrucks in 2021.

That is disappointing....it would seem to mean first deliveries will began in 2022. Probably slowly at first, and mostly 2022 will be a ramp up year. Elon also indicated they will be building other Tesla models first at GigaTexas.

To me that means 2022 we won't see as many CyberTrucks as we would like. 75,000 units?

Depending on your spot in line, you might be looking at 2024 before you get your CyberTruck. Booo.
Yup, that was the original projection when I made the reservation. So far no big surprises. I think the best course of action is just get off line and try to forget I have made a reservation and be pleasantly surprised in 2024 when I get an email that My CT with solid state battery is ready.
Sponsored

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Sure l will rather would get the two trucks but having to play in the Canadian dollar with it pegged at such low rates of value and Elon wanting U.S. dollars we pay 25 or more percent
more then an American. And no one no way can convince me there be value for value in the difference. At this age do I really have an opportunity to wait till Tesla builds in Canada. NO but I do wish.
I figure that with the 3-motor (the first model to be made) list price, plus currency exchange, plus add-ons from Tesla (like delivery fees), and then provincial and federal taxes, Canadians will be paying in the $115--120k range.

SparkEE

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac, Subaru
Occupation
Electrical engineer
Country flag
I figure that with the 3-motor (the first model to be made) list price, plus currency exchange, plus add-ons from Tesla (like delivery fees), and then provincial and federal taxes, Canadians will be paying in the $115--120k range.
Or we can hope the exchange improves. Two years and it could be closer to parity if enough stimulus is created South of the border.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Now sounds like there's uncertainty about CT deliveries this year.

Still no word on where the early deliveries will go.

And now a third question: When will the 2-motor be available? (The 3-motor, slated to be produced first, carries a huge price jump. It may be the most profitable, but the most popular will be the 2-motor.)

So we still have three layers of question marks.

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag

Still no word on where the early deliveries will go.

And now a third question: When will the 2-motor be available? (The 3-motor, slated to be produced first, carries a huge price jump. It may be the most profitable, but the most popular will be the 2-motor.)

So we still have three layers of question marks.
Uncertainty is a good way to put it.

I think they will work hard to push out a handful of CyberTrucks in Nov/Dec. And then start to ramp up in 2022...with early deliveries going to states surrounding Texas.

I ordered a TriMotor. I don't know when they will add Dual motor production. I think if you are getting a Dual motor it is going to be well into 2023....late 2023, maybe early 2024.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Naw, we have clickbait and FUD. Don't worry about it. Tesla won't know those answers until the end of the second quarter.

And they last said the dual-motor would be released at the same time as the tri.

-Crissa

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck, order
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yesterday Elon Musk said Tesla would have to get real lucky to delivery any CyberTrucks in 2021.

That is disappointing....it would seem to mean first deliveries will began in 2022. Probably slowly at first, and mostly 2022 will be a ramp up year. Elon also indicated they will be building other Tesla models first at GigaTexas.

To me that means 2022 we won't see as many CyberTrucks as we would like. 75,000 units?

Depending on your spot in line, you might be looking at 2024 before you get your CyberTruck. Booo.
My number in preorder is
111452 when can I hope for delivery?

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My number in preorder is
111452 when can I hope for delivery?
You are showing only 6 digits. It should be 9.

Then on the crowdsourced reservation page, the earliest RN number reported has been 112 744 124. So subtract that number from yours, and that should give you a good idea of where you stand.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Naw, we have clickbait and FUD. Don't worry about it. Tesla won't know those answers until the end of the second quarter.

-Crissa
"And they last said the dual-motor would be released at the same time as the tri."

You just saved me 35k Canadian dollars.

Last edited:

TessP100D

Banned
Banned
First Name
Faris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 P100D
Country flag
I think deliveries will start for real in 2023 after the Texas plant is up and running with all the bugs worked out. And of course the new batteries are available.

What I would like to see frankly is some Ct‘s out there testing, all kinds of weather and roads and conditions. Crash tests, written options and more details. Mirrors, round steering wheels, and gov approvals.

come on Elon. Let’s get this going.

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think deliveries will start for real in 2023 after the Texas plant is up and running with all the bugs worked out. And of course the new batteries are available.

What I would like to see frankly is some Ct‘s out there testing, all kinds of weather and roads and conditions. Crash tests, written options and more details. Mirrors, round steering wheels, and gov approvals.

come on Elon. Let’s get this going.
I agree with you.

I think they might build 400-500 CTs in December 2021 just to say they delivered some in 2021. Then maybe build 75,000 in 2022 as they ramp up. With full production in 2023.

Cmon Elon! LOL
Sponsored