Is there anyway to make the CyberTruck carjack proof, (so everyone knows you can't take this car)? It has to be a super cool way of course!!!

TerryMack

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There has to be a very super cool way to make the CyberTruck impossible to car-jack. I am hoping Elon comes up with a way to blow everyone's mind!
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Every time he says something (like the door handles comment this morning) the car seems to become more inpenetrable to the 'wrong' people. I like it. What's the point of having a post-apocalyptic vehicle if the zombies can jump in and take off :^)

OP
OP
TerryMack

TerryMack

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Every time he says something (like the door handles comment this morning) the car seems to become more inpenetrable to the 'wrong' people. I like it. What's the point of having a post-apocalyptic vehicle if the zombies can jump in and take off :^)
Recently on the news was a story showing an armed car-jacker came running up to a Tesla owner and demanded the car. Fortunately the driver had the presence of mind to gun the accelerator and he zoomed away before the guy realized what had happened. The gunman did fire at the driver hitting the post that held the window, and not the driver!!!
We all know the CyberTruck is "bullet proof" ;-) to some degree so less damage would be done but still!!! I am figuring some kind of Panic button to make the car freakout, with the lights flashing, horn blaring in an obnoxious way, sure to bring attention to the situation would be the best way to stop a carjacking...

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
It's nearly impossible to drive off without the codes.

Not sure it being carjack proof helps. Do you think carjackers think to check the news about which cars talk to the network? They're not really thinking ahead, stealing a car with force of arms and witnesses to begin with.

-Crissa

joegaber

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jeep
Occupation
retired
Country flag
There has to be a very super cool way to make the CyberTruck impossible to car-jack. I am hoping Elon comes up with a way to blow everyone's mind!
https://www.armormax.com/location/utah/

they are getting several cyber trucks to put together a kit to make the cyber truck anywhere from bullet proof from AR NATO rounds AK 47 rounds sniper rounds, vehicle avoidance equipment, etc. etc.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I used to be pretty good at hot wiring pre 80's vehicles.......anything later than that and I would be lost.
This reminds me of the attempt by business and industry to "idiot proof" everything.
It is impossible to idiot proof anything because Mother Nature is constantly upgrading the common idiot.
With the ingenuity of hackers at some point in time one of them will crack the code and pass the information around.
If someone wants it bad enough they will get it.

OP
OP
TerryMack

TerryMack

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What if they demand your phone as well at gunpoint!

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
Anytime you're dealing with a "cloud", you're available to be hacked, and carjacked in a whole new way. Even Elon can't outthink millions of hackers all seeking to penetrate the impenetrable.

As far as real-world carjacking, it would be easy to have a finger print or facial recognition, that recognizes your whole family, but that's it. And, maybe something much less secure, if you want to allow some diminished ability from like a friend or a valet. So much is possible, but nothing will ever be 100% again... not now, and certainly not once we reach AI singularity. Be afraid. Be very afraid. peace

edit in: Realize, Elon and Tesla use their ability to communicate and assess and/or fix your vehicle over cyberspace, but there's nothing saying Tesla can't be hacked, opening every Tesla on the road to the whim of a hacker, political group, or terror cell. I'm not sure what Elon has in place, and I'm sure it's formidable, but even Elon knows... that is a losing battle... unless... Elon uses his own first iteration of AI self realization, to provide the multi-level, ever-changing, blah, blah, blah security over his businesses - certainly SpaceX and Tesla, but likely all others, just for ease.

Last edited:

Frankenblob

First Name
Frank, USA is the BEST. Communism SUX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M38A-1, Trans-am
Country flag
They will just hack n jack the car by wifi.

Who would hear their car/CT "leaving" if it was parked on the street or in a lot? The criminals would be smart enough to leave a dummy receiver/pinger that says "it's ok I am still here" plus a 2nd to "throw in the ditch or alley ( many miles away) as a red herring" when their gone. This doesn't take into account a blocker whereby you cannot contact your vehicle or know its whereabouts.

There are peeps already workin out the "how to's", and some of these clowns are "SMART" and organized.

But if anyone does come up with a way, keep it close to your chest.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
That is what full coverage insurance is made for. If you tightly integrate the security to the owner, you just increase the chance of kidnapping. If your CT uses biometrics everywhere, you could lose a thumb or an eyeball with your CT as well.

Then again, it would be nice to have some high voltage pins in the seat that would stick out and electrocute the driver if facial recognition fails. An absolute necessity for CT and a good learning lesson for all the friends that want to borrow it.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
There are peeps already workin out the "how to's", and some of these clowns are "SMART" and organized.
If they were smart, they wouldn't be stealing cars. There is no correlation between smarts and theft.

Then again, it would be nice to have some high voltage pins in the seat that would stick out and electrocute the driver if facial recognition fails.
So you have one bad day, or there's smutz on the camera, and boom, you're toast?

What if they demand your phone as well at gunpoint!
Pin-to-drive is already a feature on Tesla.

There is no reason to expect stealing a Tesla will go well.

-Crissa

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
So you have one bad day, or there's smutz on the camera, and boom, you're toast?
That is another way, CT makes sure you keep it clean, dudes won't forget to shave and ladies won't have a bad hair day. It keeps every ride exciting ;)
Sponsored