What made you decide to buy your Cybertruck?

parapyropig

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 FJ Cruiser NSSE, Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
parapyropig
Country flag
The TCT checks off all the boxes for any future transportation and recreation needs.

With autonomous driving added, I’m not gonna have to worry about my driving skills diminishing as I age as much.

With a 500 mile range, this pretty much seals the deal for me not getting - or needing – abother vehicle with an internal combustion engine.
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
And it was not a sledgehammer. A REAL sledgehammer would have killed the ICE truck door.

It was a dead-blow hammer, sheeple...
I am amazed that you seem to be the only other person that noticed that (or that has commented on it, at any rate).

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I am amazed that you seem to be the only other person that noticed that (or that has commented on it, at any rate).
I did notice this as well. A real sledgehammer would have ripped through the Ford doors thin metal. I think it would have also dented the CT. I am ok with a real sledgehammer denting the CT if it is used with full force. I rarely hit vehicles that hard anyway. If it will handle the other vehicles doors and occasional glancing blows I will be fine.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Sidebar: I went to High School from 1972-75. And it was common for the Pep club to get a salvage car dropped off on a wednesday night on the school's front lawn. The Pep club would paint it in the rival high school's color with sayings. And then charge the students 25 cents to hit it with a sledge hammer three times.... that probably was stopped because each year some students who were clueless about sledgehammers and physics, and would injure themselves.

darrenphughes

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Medevac Helicopter Pilot
Country flag
I’ve been wanting to buy a Tesla and a truck for years, been struggling along with a Subaru Outback which does the job for me 95% of the time. Every time I went to a Toyota or Chevy dealership to look at the Tacoma or Colorado I talked myself out of buying after seeing the gas mileage. The Cybertruck will fix that problem for me. Looking forward to it.

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
The suspension system, I had to get rid of my 98 Ford Ranger 4x4 because it was wrecking my back. The length of the vault and the price and the fact that it could power my house for a couple of days.

scottysize

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Well, since no one has really ordered one yet, I'll talk about why I reserved one and definitely will order one once it's ready to be ordered.

Ever since they announced a pickup, I knew I had to have it. I read all tweets from Elon and knew I would have to look at it from a different perspective, however, when they rolled out out on stage, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was awesome. It looked liked a pickup Deloreon. I've always wanted one of those since Back to the Future. Now I'll get one, but a pickup version and electric!

So he had me at the looks from the start. Then he talked about the properties and I lost it. It was twice what I hoped it would be. Twice as fast, twice the range, priced half lower than I thought it'd be.

I have to have one. Have to. I'm 50 this year. I plan on retiring early, like in 8 years or so. This will hopefully be the last vehicle I purchase.

TennesseeCyber

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt
Occupation
VP of Operations
Country flag
I’ve been interested in Tesla for the engineering marvels thee produce. When I discovered CT, I was amazed. The price, mileage range, spacious cabin to fit my family of four, make longer trips, haul my trailer, tonneau cover, and adaptive air suspension... I was Marveling at the engineering brilliance of the Cybertruck.

I normally pay cash for preowned vehicles, but the CT became my dream vehicle instantly. Ordered the dual motor for the price.

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 BB Vette, 83 Cutlass
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Let's not forget it goes 0-60 in 2.9 seconds!!! That's my favorite feature among the long list of things I like. To earn my seal of approval however, CT must be able to repeatably launch under full power without fear of breaking anything.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Let's not forget it goes 0-60 in 2.9 seconds!!! That's my favorite feature among the long list of things I like. To earn my seal of approval however, CT must be able to repeatably launch under full power without fear of breaking anything.
You and me see the world so differently...I always wanted a "go fast" automobile. It wasn't high on my list, but one day I was buying a truck, And it had I forget 350hp(?). I made the mistake of goosing the accelerator. and it made me smile.
And in the 11 yrs since I have perhaps made it go fast 200 times, with about 10% of those being "really go fast."
And now I can't ever see buying a car because it has "go fast" attribute that is useless. a sub-five 0-60 will do me just fine. I'd pay for the extra range though.

parapyropig

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 FJ Cruiser NSSE, Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
parapyropig
Country flag
It was twice what I hoped it would be. Twice as fast, twice the range, priced half lower than I thought it'd be.

I'm 50 this year. I plan on retiring early, like in 8 years or so. This will hopefully be the last vehicle I purchase.
All of this.⬆⬆⬆

The TCT will possibly be the one of the last vehicles I ever buy - and It is going to be my retirement gift to myself.

It will facilitate and enable the adventures my wife and I will have post-retirement. We love driving the trails in the mountains of southwestern Colorado, and the TCT will be perfect for that environment.

It will also most likely be the means by which we retain our mobility and freedom when we’re past the point of being able to drive safely.

OB-1

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri
Country flag
Capability at price point. 500 Mile range (game changer, I can do round trips and not worry about charging). 0-60 2.9 sec? Midlife crisis - Check ?. Air suspension, rolling on 35“s, ramp built into to tail gate, autonomous driving, all the things I did not know I alway wanted.
Sponsored