azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Looks like the prototype is carpeted. I could certainly see getting at least rubber mats into my CT. Can't imagine the carpet staying clean for very long. Maybe even replacing the carpet with something easier to clean and maintain.
I would pull the carpet and spray with Line X

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I'm really hoping for a factory delete on carpet floors. Give me vinyl or just steel I can spray rhinoliner on or something.
I'm hoping for factory installed rubberized floor with hooks to hold carpet mats. Makes so much more sense than carpet with rubber mats.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Please:
Interior floor of stainless steel with water drains (screw in plugs) & hooks around sides to secure mats ( rubber or carpet).

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Please:
Interior floor of stainless steel with water drains (screw in plugs) & hooks around sides to secure mats ( rubber or carpet).
The problem there is that you'd need channels to carry the water to the edges before exiting, or a few holes in the battery pack where the drains could drop through. It's not a ICE cars with lots of places to just put holes in the floor boards.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Please:
The problem there is that you'd need channels to carry the water to the edges before exiting, or a few holes in the battery pack where the drains could drop through. It's not a ICE cars with lots of places to just put holes in the floor boards.
No holes in center of structural battery pack.

Tesla said for battery protection from side impact crashes that battery does not go all the way to body edge width.

Do drain holes in floor pan near each door. If floor is flat might not need channels.
Also with adjustable air suspension can tilt truck to front or back.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
No holes in center of structural battery pack.
Exactly.

Do drain holes in floor pan near each door. If floor is flat might not need channels.
Also with adjustable air suspension can tilt truck to front or back.
Ok, that's brilliant. There could be an "interior wash mode" button (next to the screen maintenance one) that tilts the CT to one side before you start power washing the inside.

Tim Allen.... would be so proud.

AeroKnot

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Landcruiser
Country flag
Agreed!! I'm hoping that CT will get the same interior features as the new S/X. Everytime I say this, people doubt it'll happen because of the low starting price and the supposed "down-market" consumer base. But I would argue given the design-manufacturing cost reductions and the massive dash space to put a dedicated driver screen cluster, it makes perfect sense to do it. They're already party way there with the yoke anyway.
Yep, I don't like looking away from the road or trail. A driver screen should be there for any car in that price range.

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck ? Cybertruck Spotted at Giga Texas Plant! + Interior Look with Yoke Steering Wheel and Performance Pedals! Cybertruck Interior - Yoke Steering Wheel Performance Pedals

where would a phone mount go? maybe new accessories will find a solution once released?

Phatlarryg

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Challenger, 2021 Model 3
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Go on and ask him, see if he wants to discuss 80's fashion.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
where would a phone mount go? maybe new accessories will find a solution once released?
Why? The phone connects with the center console through blue tooth, you can make and receive calls while it's still in your pocket, which is a good place for a phone to be while your driving and paying attention to the road.

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
Please:
I've had a Jeep with linex floor and my current HD truck that has carpet and massive rubber floor mats with snap in carpet inserts. I much prefer carpeted floor and mats. The road noise is much more when you don't have carpet and the heat from the undercarriage radiates up. There is less heat in BEV, but hot roads to heat the undercarriage even in BEV.

I've taken my truck on weekend long outings to the ranch where it was so muddy the tires never stopped spinning the entire backcountry drive. The interior with the mats had no issues keeping the carpeting clean enough to easily clean. Linex would clean easier for sure, but the noise , luxury look, and comfort difference is dramatic enough for me to prefer the carpet and mat approach. With the carpet approach, the floor has hooks to keep the mats planted. I'm sure you could rip the carpet out and the hooks will still be there if you truly wanted a bare floor. It's not hard to add drain holes if they don't exist...if you are careful with a drill. Just my $.02.

AeroKnot

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Landcruiser
Country flag
Yep, I don't like looking away from the road or trail. A driver screen should be there for any car in that price range.
Yep, and during one of those moments that you are looking to the right and down at the screen, is when that goofball on his phone blows through the stop sign from the left. No driver/ wheel screen screams "cheap", not fitting for a futuristic, safety prioritized vehicle.
Sponsored