How many are buying CT that DONT actually NEED a truck?

Jerry M.

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
016 Prius Eco
Occupation
MRI TECH
Country flag
Before the CT was announced I was planning on buying either a M3 or Model Y,,,,,, but then,,,, I saw the Cybertruck and learned about all its many unique, practical, and cutting edge features, and said : I’ve GOTA have one of those! Especially the top 500mi range version which I pre ordered.
I’ve never owned a truck or SUV in my entire life. Anyone else order one that doesn’t actually need a truck?
Sponsored

rharl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cyber truck tri motor
Occupation
insurance
Country flag
This will be an extra car that is currently a Jeep. So no need for a truck I do need to tow though and do a lot of boating so it will be helpful and used .

TennesseeCyber

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt
Occupation
VP of Operations
Country flag
I have two kids about to be teens, so i need something bigger than my wife’s small SUV and my Chevy Volt. While technically I dont Need a truck for work purposes, I need To haul my 14ft trailer and transport heavy items periodically... so why not do it in style?

Also, i live in Tennessee, so it’s kind of a man card requirement to own a truck here. ?

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I will use a truck. I am getting by with a Jeep Cherokee and a utility trailer. My headliner has a tear in it from hauling too much stuff and black marks on the roof from hauling 5 31.5inch tires in the back this weekend. The dash is scratched from hauling lumber, and the carpet is full of dirt and tree bark from hauling firewood. There is oil stains from hauling the chainsaw and used oil and a blood stain in the back from hunting. I don’t need a truck everyday however it will help at least once a month to have the CT.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Don’t need, want and was leaning heavily on a truck on next purchase if there was an EV variant I liked. Planned to purchase a vehicle by the end of 2020. Glad the CT was announced, ecstatic over the published price. If starting was 80k, do not know if I would pull the trigger with upgrades. Unhappy waiting an additional year plus. Since mind was set on a new ride, ignored flaws in current ride has became glaring.
Truck needs, fun gear, occasional home improvement run, transport a purchased piece of furniture I am too cheap to pay delivery. I

keyhere

First Name
Key
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic, KLX250S
Occupation
EE
Country flag
Getting by with a car now, barely. Winters are tough and I'm constantly dealing with lack of space. Thought my next vehicle was going to be a Tacoma but I really want an EV. Tesla truck came along and I'm 95% sure it's what I'm going with. If not then maybe dual motor Y, you just get so much more capability with the truck for very similar price. Will make the final call in a year or two.

Norwegian

First Name
Espen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Sharan, Audi A6 Quattro
Country flag
Don't need one, would never in a million years buy an ICE pickup. But the Cybertruck ticks all my boxes, and unlike many I loved the design and inherent functionality at first sight. Paid deposit within 10 minutes. Wish it was a meter shorter and a bit narrower, but I'm not going to wait for the Cybercar.

SanDollars

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, CyberTruck
Country flag
Well, I have a nice 1 year old Tundra so technically I don't NEED a new truck but hey, I imagine a Futuristic-looking Cybertruck towing a retro-looking Airstream is going to look quite BADA$$ driving down the Interstate....

That plus I don't ever foresee buying another gas vehicle. Ever.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I got a truck, and have had one for 22 years. I "need" a truck about once a year. It's nice to let friends borrow when they need a truck.
The Cyber really isn't a truck. And I am buying it for that reason. It is an everything mobile.

muadib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Country flag
I don't need a truck, but I want an EV. The fact that the CT has a 500 mile range, make it the truck for me.

Ordinaryguy

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 4 Runner Offroad
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’ve been doomed to drive a truck ever since I drove my grandfather’s 1953 GMC as a 10year old in New Brunswick, Canada, on the back roads around his farm. But the time has come to drive a zero emission vehicle. The ICE has had its day, and it’s time for something that doesn’t pollute and kill the climate. If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem. I’ll probably park my 2018 4 Runner in the garage in case I have a sentimental moment but the Cybertruck trimotor will be my daily driver. The range is important, but so are the Tesla charging stations.