Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 honda accord, 2021 Ford Bronco
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Hey y’all. i’m new here and debating on reserving a cybertruck. i’ll have my current vehicle paid off by 2024 at the latest. if I ordered a dual motor in june, when should I realistically expect to take delivery?
Sponsored

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Hey y’all. i’m new here and debating on reserving a cybertruck. i’ll have my current vehicle paid off by 2024 at the latest. if I ordered a dual motor in june, when should I realistically expect to take delivery?
If you already ordered it, I'd be willing to bet you'd have it by Summer of 2022. Once they get building, they'll be able to pump out about 2,400 a week from a single line and shift. double that if they work two shifts. You, ordering a dual motor would probably be in the first 400,000 delivered if you are in the US, at least... It will take about 83 weeks of full-rate production to get to yours. If they take 4 months to ramp up to full rate production, Tesla would be starting full-rate production around March of 2022. That means yours would be one year and 7 months from then... I suppose that would actually be October of 2023.

However, I suspect that many orders will be canceled when people are faced with actually getting finance or they suddenly don't need 10 Cybertrucks or they changed their mind about getting a fleet of them. So, I suspect that you'd get yours in the first year of production still.

OP
OP

FutureTrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
If you already ordered it, I'd be willing to bet you'd have it by Summer of 2022. Once they get building, they'll be able to pump out about 2,400 a week from a single line and shift. double that if they work two shifts. You, ordering a dual motor would probably be in the first 400,000 delivered if you are in the US, at least... It will take about 83 weeks of full-rate production to get to yours. If they take 4 months to ramp up to full rate production, Tesla would be starting full-rate production around March of 2022. That means yours would be one year and 7 months from then... I suppose that would actually be October of 2023.

However, I suspect that many orders will be canceled when people are faced with actually getting finance or they suddenly don't need 10 Cybertrucks or they changed their mind about getting a fleet of them. So, I suspect that you'd get yours in the first year of production still.
hmmmm I may hold out until may/june then. that’ll give me more time to pay my car off

OP
OP

FutureTrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Bringing this back up again:). I still haven’t placed a reservation. With the chip shortage going on and what not, what is the production schedule looking like?

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
kind of depends. I don't know if the current projections are based off the likely possibility of numerous canceled orders or if it's assuming that all preorders will be fulfilled.

I personally think that around 20% of preorders will be canceled minimum. This is based off of hundreds if not thousands of people placing multiple orders to give themselves trim options, as well as thousands if not tens of thousands of people who won't be able to afford it but put down the $100 anyway just in case they can save up the money. We also have to consider the numerous people who preordered the Cybertruck for an electric truck but might swich over to the Ford Lightning or maybe even another truck.

Preorders already exceeded one million, so we can assume before deliveries that will probably be around fifty to one hundred thousand past a million at least. So I would assume that if you ordered now there would be around 800,000-900,000 people ahead of you.

Ignoring trim levels since it will probably matter more for the people near the front of the line, estimating around 250,000 trucks per year but production probably won't be at full scale right at the beginning, they might fulfill preorders a few months into 2025. This is also assuming that there are no shortages in the supply chain that would be significant enough to stop production. Most shortages would just have nearly complete vehicles filling parking lots until the final parts could be manually put in.

They are starting with Trimotor but I don't think Tesla is going to fulfill 100% of preorders for the Tri/Dual Motor Cybertrucks before they even start with single. They might just wait for around 6 months to a year after production before they add the single motor trims into the mix. So if you haven't ordered yet, trim probably won't be much of a factor for your delivery time

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Yeah, you may regret not ordering one as soon as you thought of it. At this point, it'll be a few years before you take delivery, for sure. Dude, if it was like a $5,000 deposit, I'd have hesitated. But it's only $100! And if you change your mind it's refundable. It's a win-win. I'm gonna say what everyone here is thinking: What the fuck are you waiting for, pull the trigger already.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Yeah, you may regret not ordering one as soon as you thought of it. At this point, it'll be a few years before you take delivery, for sure. Dude, if it was like a $5,000 deposit, I'd have hesitated. But it's only $100! And if you change your mind it's refundable. It's a win-win. I'm gonna say what everyone here is thinking: What the fuck are you waiting for, pull the trigger already.
only $100… apparently you do not know how much of a cheapskate I am. ?

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
only $100… apparently you do not know how much of a cheapskate I am. ?
Think of it like this. Those of us who pulled the trigger on $100, saved $3000 so far on FSD if we selected that option. With source code miners finding information that could hint towards the price going up to $14000, it would be worth putting down that $100 if you like the idea of FSD.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I ordered the dual motor the day after the event and am something like 30,000 in line and the reservation tracker says I may get it late 2022 assuming production starts this year. This will be my first Tesla purchase so I don’t know how it will actually work. Maybe, they will just open it up to certain regions at a time. Who really knows. I don’t think they ever made any claim that the reservations are a queue type line where you get to order based on your reservation.

RonM

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 CrewCab, future Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you can't aFORD (like what I did?) $100 you can't aFORD (there it is again) a CT or your just not sure you want one. If your not sure, chances are you will be $100 ahead today or $80 ahead in 4 years after inflation .:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
My advice is to put that $100 down TODAY! It's 100% refundable.

1. Full Self Driving. Today you can lock in the FSD option for $10k. The price will keep going higher and higher ie. at launch it was $7k and then $8k and now $10k. True that there may be a subscription version out by the time we take delivery but it is still an option where you can decide at the time of delivery if you want it or not. For a lot of people (my family included), it's extremely difficult to imagine a world of vehicles driving themselves and do not even think of it as an option when they buy new cars, but it's coming!

2. Most likely guaranteeing the $50k price for the DM. As we just saw from the Plaid Delivery event that the customers who put down deposits on the Model S early got the original Price of $120k but those who waited now have to pay $130k.

OP
OP

FutureTrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Hahahahah I get it I get it. I just don’t wanna order too early and my car isn’t paid off. But I kind of want to order now to lock in the price for the dual motor.

OP
OP

FutureTrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
If you can't aFORD (like what I did?) $100 you can't aFORD (there it is again) a CT or your just not sure you want one. If your not sure, chances are you will be $100 ahead today or $80 ahead in 4 years after inflation .:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Hahahahah I actually like ford but hate the lightening tbh. I think it was a huuuuge let down. With the way this is going I’ll probably just reserve my CT today. As I’ve said in a few messages I just wanna ensure that my current vehicle loan is paid off. I’m sure I could afford;) two car payments but I don’t think it’ll be that smart since my wife and I just built our house and we move in next week, and we also have our first child due in November, I’m just wanting to be smart about this
Sponsored