Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I know there will be other external carry questions for off road, over landing and for work reasons. Here is a place to put your questions and needs to carry long equipment so we can all see how the Cybertruck will be used and possible solutions.

I have a 18.5 ft canoe. I carry it on a roof rack right now. I am already thinking of ways to build a frame for the back of the vault.
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
As I mentioned in the general forum, I hope that Tesla will provided rack mounting points, if not a rack itself designed to match the CB. I am also hoping for some form of step for getting into and out of the truck for those of us who are no longer as spry as we once were.

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
If nobody has figured out how to carry a 40 foot ladder by the time my number comes up, I will cancel the sale.

OP
OP
Saskateam

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I have been thinking about a trailer for my current setup because I loose my roof luggage storage option when the canoe is on top and then the gear needs to go in the SUV with all the luggage camping gear. With the CT being as big as it is I am hoping to avoid the trailer.
Some of the Motortrend pictures do show spots on the exterior that may be mounting points for a roof rack. That would be great if true.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I was looking at a truck with a modern rack on it (my last pickup was a long time ago) and it had mounting rails (looked aftermarket) on the side panel tops and the rack looked like it slid onto the rails. That could be an option or, better, Tesla could build rails right into the side panels.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I would hope that there would be a passthrough from the bed and the ability to fold the center rear seat so that 2x4x12 or even 2z4x20 could be carried.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I would hope that there would be a passthrough from the bed and the ability to fold the center rear seat so that 2x4x12 or even 2z4x20 could be carried.
How about baseboards. A passthrough the center of the back seat could make 6.5 ft into 10 fairly easily. Then lower the tailgate and you could prob. carry 15ft. baseboards without a problem.

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
12' you would just leave the tailgate up and cantilever it on top edge of the tailgate.

20' boards you would probably need a rack or a trailer. Most retailers are going to max out at 16' lumber, though so this seems like an uncommon situation.

Mule Ferguson

First Name
Mule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Model P3D+, F150. Cybertruck Tri Motor
Occupation
House Husband
Country flag
If nobody has figured out how to carry a 40 foot ladder by the time my number comes up, I will cancel the sale.
Try This...........Tie ladder underneath. Put in off road mode. 16 inch space. Don't know about the canoe. I guess you could get 8 to 10
pieces of plywood or sheetrock. PLEASE don't cancel. :giggle:

View attachment 793 8 to 10 p

Last edited: