Tesla should contact customers in RESERVATION # ORDER, regardless of motor choice... right?

OP
OP
Idea Of The Day

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Developer, Vlogger
Country flag
Well hopefully this will solve that problem for most of us.

I drive my vehicles until they die. Current Ridgeline at 245k miles. Expecting to just about reach 300k when my number gets called. Wasn't planning on replacing it, but the ct is the vehicle of my 80s child dreams and holding onto the Ridgeline much past 300k when the tech of the day will be much cheaper and safer just doesn't make sense much past the next 5 years. So I've resigned to this being my first new vehicle purchase and my last vehicle purchase. 45 when i get it, fully expecting to test the limit of their million mile batteries and by the time i hit 75, I'll be at about 300k miles on the ct and when they want to take my keys away from me, I'll have the fsd option to take over!
My top reason to get a CT is reliability. My brother has 4 Teslas, and in 7 years, had virtually no expenses (he even has free SuperCharging for life on one of them).

The idea of a million mile battery is super exciting... and since it's literally built like a tank, maybe I can finally feel confident enough to own it for a decade or more.
Sponsored

SHorzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Perhaps your prior vehicle choice was flawed? ? Just another idea….
Absolutely agree - my F350 was my first and last F…

Agree vehicles get cheaper - we have our 2012 RAV still way past warranty- but I don’t trust anything F makes to last beyond. its warranty. Reliability was just one of many reasons I can’t wait for our CT3

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
And the media keeps saying that the legacy automakers “know” how to manufacture vehicles but after 118 years wouldn’t you expect more? The amount of Ford’s in just about every neighborhood would really suggest people are happy.

1ofafew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor
Country flag
There are so many conflicting opinions about which orders will be shipping first and how the motor choice you made years ago will affect when you're actually able to take delivery.

The latest assumption is that somebody who placed a dual motor on the very first day will actually wait longer than somebody who placed a tri-motor months later. That's crazy.

A lot of people say that the best option is to change your order to a tri-motor, but others warn that unless it's done right, there's a risk that you'll end up at the end of the line. That's crazy too... especially since the original order page made no mention that the tri-motor would be first.

So, rather than speculate, I tweeted to Elon Musk that they should call people in order, regardless of their choice in 2019... and ask them if they wanted to stick with the dual and wait... or change to a tri-motor and take delivery sooner.

If you got a call today from Tesla, asking you to choose:

1) Keep your existing dual motor order and wait 6-12 months longer.
or
2) Change it to a tri-motor... would you do it? I know I would, and there are probably others that would.

Perhaps if enough of us simply asked Tesla to consider this, they would make a ton of extra money from people like me who would chose to upgrade.
I really think everyone should just sit tight and settle in with the fact that we have no control over when our truck will be delivered outside of cancellation. Its natural to want what you want now. But itsout of ourcontrol. Tesla may want to manufacture one motor over another for a reason.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I am definitely getting mine next year and am willing drink on it.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
OP
OP
Idea Of The Day

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I really think everyone should just sit tight and settle in with the fact that we have no control over when our truck will be delivered outside of cancellation. Its natural to want what you want now. But itsout of ourcontrol. Tesla may want to manufacture one motor over another for a reason.
That’s all we can do. I just wish they offered me a chance to decide whether to upgrade to whichever ships to my area first without risking losing my position. It just bothers me that somebody in my area who placed a CT3 reservation 6 months after my CT2 could take delivery almost a year before me, just because I wasn‘t told at the time I made my reservation that my CT2 choice could mean up to a year extra wait.

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There are so many conflicting opinions about which orders will be shipping first and how the motor choice you made years ago will affect when you're actually able to take delivery.

The latest assumption is that somebody who placed a dual motor on the very first day will actually wait longer than somebody who placed a tri-motor months later. That's crazy.

A lot of people say that the best option is to change your order to a tri-motor, but others warn that unless it's done right, there's a risk that you'll end up at the end of the line. That's crazy too... especially since the original order page made no mention that the tri-motor would be first.

So, rather than speculate, I tweeted to Elon Musk that they should call people in order, regardless of their choice in 2019... and ask them if they wanted to stick with the dual and wait... or change to a tri-motor and take delivery sooner.

If you got a call today from Tesla, asking you to choose:

1) Keep your existing dual motor order and wait 6-12 months longer.
or
2) Change it to a tri-motor... would you do it? I know I would, and there are probably others that would.

Perhaps if enough of us simply asked Tesla to consider this, they would make a ton of extra money from people like me who would chose to upgrade.
You left out those of us that opted for the single motor!

OP
OP
Idea Of The Day

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Well, my spouse has given me permission to upgrade, so I will get whichever comes first, dual or single.

-Crissa
That's the main reason for my original post.

I think a lot of people who placed reservations in the first days really didn't expect there to be over a million reservations, and that could mean a drastic wait if your original choice was single or dual.

If they give single and dual reservation holders with lower numbers a choice to upgrade when they finally ship in a given region, I think a lot of us would do it. Some may change to save a year or so, others may simply love the higher specs or are in a better financial position than they were when they originally made the reservation.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Unless your number is in the low 000s, you are almost certain to have plenty of time to decide.