Should this old guy “connect” via twitter to follow Elon Musk? How to stay up to date?

Is it worth joining twitter for the older generations to get tweets from Elon Musk?

• Yes

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters

Northlander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, Hybrid Toyota Avalon, Hybrid Toyota Camery, Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Sincere question, for a older guy that enjoys seeing when others post Elon tweets-is it worth learning Twitter? Worth putting it on my devices? I dont know how much or little information (tweets) flood your device once you immerse yourself in it? I hate sorting through all my emails. I do filter them into junk, but I am in a profession that receives a lot of unsolicited mail: I also have children and a lot of mail incoming related to them. I do have Facebook, instagram, and Snap-kids had me get it , I don’t do much with it. Any other benefits to twitter that i may be unaware of here?
Sponsored

Last edited:

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If you think going through superfluous emails is taxing then you might be best off just following Elon through a third party like the members of this board.
Anytime he posts something worth a shit about Cyber it gets a thread here. If you want to keep up with him like he is a super hero then follow him
Twitter ain't that hard...just annoying sometimes

Ludus

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick SUV
Country flag
I’m an old guy who has used twitter for years pretty much just to look at Elon Musk’s tweets. I have technically followed other accounts including some Elon follows but rarely look at them. When I started looking at Elon Musks tweets he had about 27,000 followers on twitter and now has 31 million.

You don’t need to use twitters app to look at Elon Musk (or anyone‘s) tweets. Just google them and twitter will usually pop up near the top.
The essence of twitter is it’s just a free mass texting platform. Other aspects they’ve added to their app interface you can easily ignore if you just want to see what Elon tweets.

I’d recommend also looking at tweets from accounts Elon follows.

Unless you have personal communications you want to maintain or it’s something practical, you really don’t have to keep up with emails in the sense of opening or deleting them. They just stack up in order and form a permanent record you can search through. Let them accumulate forever and Only use them as you need them.

Last edited:

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
If you think going through superfluous emails is taxing then you might be best off just following Elon through a third party like the members of this board.
Anytime he posts something worth a shit about Cyber it gets a thread here. If you want to keep up with him like he is a super hero then follow him
Twitter ain't that hard...just annoying sometimes
Luke has a great point. Anything Tesla usually has a thread here.
I will say that 2 years ago I deleted all my social media accounts. They become addictive, mind burning, waste of time.
The less social media the better so
Just say no to Twitter

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
Luke has a great point. Anything Tesla usually has a thread here.
I will say that 2 years ago I deleted all my social media accounts. They become addictive, mind burning, waste of time.
The less social media the better so
Just say no to Twitter
Some may say the same thing about this forum. I would not but don’t ask my wife for her opinion.

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
Some may say the same thing about this forum. I would not but don’t ask my wife for her opinion.
Saska
Yes we could say that about this forum but I actually like talking most of you.
The difference is we are here for one common vision, one badass EV.

Maybe here to do a little trash talk about current politics, but we have to whisper.
Administration has already scolded me.
Shhhhh.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I was in the Active Army when the computer age hit.........I was dragged kicking and screaming into the computer age. We first used the old DOS systems and then came Windows.......when I discovered WORD and all the word processing programs I was hooked ( I was a military journalist and successful freelance writer). Spellcheck was a Godsend. Then came online dictionaries and the ability to do research without going to a library and digging through volumes if reference material. Yes, social media can be a time waster but has some good uses too. I'm involved in the movie industry on a very small scale and having the ability to communicate instantly with other members of the group is priceless. I've quit arguing with people on social media........it's like mud wrestling with a pig.......you both get dirty and only the pig enjoys it. I don't do Twitter and prob won't......an old dog can only learn so many new tricks.

Owner13669

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was in the Active Army when the computer age hit.........I was dragged kicking and screaming into the computer age. We first used the old DOS systems and then came Windows.......when I discovered WORD and all the word processing programs I was hooked ( I was a military journalist and successful freelance writer). Spellcheck was a Godsend. Then came online dictionaries and the ability to do research without going to a library and digging through volumes if reference material. Yes, social media can be a time waster but has some good uses too. I'm involved in the movie industry on a very small scale and having the ability to communicate instantly with other members of the group is priceless. I've quit arguing with people on social media........it's like mud wrestling with a pig.......you both get dirty and only the pig enjoys it. I don't do Twitter and prob won't......an old dog can only learn so many new tricks.
Not sure how old you are, but I grew up without computers, and ended up repairing and troubleshooting them, and retired from an IT department several years ago. It’s never too late.

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck

(@49:17 in this video)
Know You Know does a segment on Elon's tweets/replies on their Tesla Time News, about 3/4 of the way through the videos. Good way to visit the tweets without the Twitter nonsense.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
(@49:17 in this video)
Know You Know does a segment on Elon's tweets/replies on their Tesla Time News, about 3/4 of the way through the videos. Good way to visit the tweets without the Twitter nonsense.
Type ?t=49m17s on the end of the Youtube URL to get to that specific timepoint. Like this:

-Crissa

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
No, Twitter is an annoying dumpster fire. I joined just for Elon and couldn't stand it. Too many comments from the perpetually outraged and artificially managed "trending" topics.

It's easier to just look up Elon's tweets on the webpage...
https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk?lang=en

But every cybertruck tweet will be covered right here, we are starved for content.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
Concerning Farcebook, Twitter and other mass social outlets I always defer to Mark Twain.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Sponsored