Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
How do you think the tonneau cover will stand up to being vinyl wrapped? With it being rolled up will this cause the wrap to be damaged or cause it to peel off the wrap?
Sponsored

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
How do you think the tonneau cover will stand up to being vinyl wrapped? With it being rolled up will this cause the wrap to be damaged or cause it to peel off the wrap?
I dont see why it would especially if its cut into strips. I guess it depends how the roll is handled. Unlike others who believe the roll is held under back seats, I think its held under bed possibly not rolled at all.

Noncorporeal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2010 Toyota Venza, 2007 Honda Element, 2021 CT dual motor
Country flag
I dont see why it would especially if its cut into strips. I guess it depends how the roll is handled. Unlike others who believe the roll is held under back seats, I think its held under bed possibly not rolled at all.
Well, when they gave test rides, they said that it was rolled up behind the seats but there is something to say about it being below the bed. As we don’t know the exact placement of the batteries, it may make more sense to have it make a tall u behind the rear seats, but if the bed doesn’t have batteries, then it will fit right in! One other thing to take into consideration is how they would repair the mechanism. If it was put under the bed, you would have to detach the bed to access the motors or other electronics that control the system. If it was behind the rear seats, then you could just fold those down and it would all be right there!

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Well, when they gave test rides, they said that it was rolled up behind the seats but there is something to say about it being below the bed. As we don’t know the exact placement of the batteries, it may make more sense to have it make a tall u behind the rear seats, but if the bed doesn’t have batteries, then it will fit right in! One other thing to take into consideration is how they would repair the mechanism. If it was put under the bed, you would have to detach the bed to access the motors or other electronics that control the system. If it was behind the rear seats, then you could just fold those down and it would all be right there!
Yes I know comments say rolled under seat but that seemed like unconfirmed speculation. If you look the in bed storage ends right about where the cover would be if it stopped going down about bed height. And this way they don't need to to roll it. Also rolling under seat seems like they would need to reverse the roll and in picture seems like battery pack probably is between axels. It doesnt look like there is enough room for a roll under the seat unless the battery is all under the bed

8rpeg9pwi9041.jpg

Last edited:

Noncorporeal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2010 Toyota Venza, 2007 Honda Element, 2021 CT dual motor
Country flag
Yes I know comments say rolled under seat but that seemed like unconfirmed speculation. If you look the in bed storage ends right about where the cover would be if it stopped going down about bed height. And this way they don't need to to roll it. Also rolling under seat seems like they would need to reverse the roll and in picture seems like battery pack probably is between axels. It doesnt look like there is enough room for a roll under the seat unless the battery is all under the bed

8rpeg9pwi9041.jpg
That is true, but that’s probably where they have the motors and other electronics. Also, I meant the driver of the cybertruck said “it’s rolled up behind you” when the passengers asked him about it.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Saskateam

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
There is also the under bed storage that could get in the way of the tonneau cover going under the bed.

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
Wherever it is I was impressed with how smooth and fast it was deployed/closed.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Wherever it is I was impressed with how smooth and fast it was deployed/closed.
Whether its a spiral track rolled or flat rolled away the speed and smoothness imply that there are wheels on each of the segments so for the purposes of vinyl wrap I'm guessing the segments faces never contact each other. Also I think it would be detrimental to solar cover if design allowed contact.

OP
OP
Saskateam

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I have to agree with your logic there. The individual slats should not touch.
Sponsored