John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
If there is a pass through, the passthrough becomes the floor surface but may or may not be aligned with the bed.

Big if there

edit: I obviously misread the post.

Last edited:

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Just realized if I’m solo I might be able to sleep in the gap where the middle front seat is with some cushions and creativity.
What may work, lay the front seats back. Put a full size air mattress on top of the front and back row to absorb the bumps. You have a bed in the cabin. The rear seat backs become the “headboard”.

If this works, filler section could be made to level front side seats with the middle folded seat. All could be stored in the sub vault or truck when not in use.

For those who use air mattresses, also good to keep a repair kit.

Last edited:

Kirsten

First Name
Kirsten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
If I am understanding this correctly, the seats could fold down (hopefully like in my Y where it is all flat/at same level) and it becomes long enough to allow me to sleep in it when car camping. That would be great!
Also, I have dogs so I am hoping when the seats fold down there is no gap between the front and back folded seats (like in my old Toyota Tacoma 4 door cabs) and there is some kind of option to close off the area to the bed. The metal would be too slick for them to have good footing).
It is also a nice feature for transporting lumber or other long items. Sounds like a good idea to me! Can you ship mine so I can check it out! ;)

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Does anyone have access to the full application because i couldn't find it. As you all know, the USPTO will not issue a patent unless a demonstratable novelty is shown. Folding seats is not novel, nor anything on the wish list, so i need the text to see what they were trying to claim as novel in their design.

Deleted member 3316

The following are in the boo… hiss… and rational thought club.
@lancethibault @Crissa @AMAK
I’m in that camp too..

I just looked through the patent, the claim is an ornamental seat design… nothing remarkable about the rear seats… just a standard 60/40 split.

However…..

I wouldn’t hesitate to start a rumour that underneath that front centre seat is actually a refrigerator.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
If power in the front center drawer, somebody may make a removable chiller to keep food and drinks cool

interesting, shared the thought for the fridge

Dr Barnacle Luffy

First Name
Barnacle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4, Chevy 2500 diesel LT 4x4, Toyota T100 pickup, 2d RAV4
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What you think you create and I have been thinking about this a lot. Rear seats fold down flat with the bed. Glass roof. Solar panel slides under the glass roof, still charges when bed open. Not rolled up in floor. Wall behind rear seats roles up from floor. Down for pass through. If this happens it will be my dream truck!!! I have had some miserable sleepless nights in the back of pickups. Best night was when I slept between to buffalo hides. Now that I am in my golden years I want to be comfortable.

Suskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Seat Ibiza
Country flag
Please can someone explain me why this should be patented? Aren't patents about new things? Something never done before? Here I see foldable rear seats plus a foldable front center seat. Where is the "new" idea?
This is a 25 years old Fiat (now Stellantis) Multipla. One of the ugliest cars ever seen. All of its 6 seats were foldable

Tesla Cybertruck Folding rear seats (& center seat) confirmed in new Cybertruck patent! Points to possible pass through? placeholder

Tesla Cybertruck Folding rear seats (& center seat) confirmed in new Cybertruck patent! Points to possible pass through? +8

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Please can someone explain me why this should be patented? Aren't patents about new things? Something never done before? Here I see foldable rear seats plus a foldable front center seat. Where is the "new" idea?
It is a patent for the ‘ornamental design’ of the seats.

The pit chute is more or less the whole thing. No functional components. Just patenting what it looks like.
Sponsored