Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volkswagen
Occupation
Commercial Driver
Country flag
New triangle side view mirror on this prototype!

327978189_882786449622907_120567483735145346_n.jpg

Also spotted by Driveteslacanada:

After a closer look, it appears as though this panel on the rear door is missing from the new version of the Cybertruck. On previous builds the white dot at the bottom of the panel was used to open the door.

Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 {filename}

SOURCE:

Based on this the 3D Visualizer could be updated.
Sponsored

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Looks like tonneau is partially down. Not an overhang.

Btw just watched the video and I love this truck. It's looks pretty well refined now. Tailgate lighting is perfect. It's awesome looking. I stand corrected on in the wild sighting.
Still that first section looks at least 8" without articulation.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Am I the only one (new side mirror aside) that are concerned that we may NEVER see the Cybertruck we all placed deposits on?

This project, no matter how complex, seems way too long in the process, with no feedback or positive updates from Tesla...
If the battery plant wasn't clearly in progress and the 9k press not actually already assembled, you might have some teammates.. but those visible states of progress with the fact that they couldn't make the truck without 4680 cells, or a drastic increase in cells of any kind, tells a different story about this "severely late" opinion.

Do people not remember the COVID shutdown? Or that the plant to create these trucks didn't exist two years ago?

If "late", it still falls within the perfectly reasonable delays attributed to COVID.

Last edited:

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I really don’t like all the plastic. Plastic wheel well shroud. Plastic bumper and undercarriage piece. Plastic around the tonneau cover. Starting to look like a Chevy Avalanche with those big plastic shade sails. I keep my vehicles for almost 20 years because I am very mechanically talented and it’s simple enough for me to keep them going. It’s always the plastic and rubber on the body that start to go after about 10 years. It’s not my favorite that they went stainless but their attention to other details seems to be lacking. On my current truck almost all that is metal.

Ryan95738

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
CNA
Country flag
THIS

SO... I tracked Elons Jet (I know, sue me....)

He was in Palo Alto when he said he "was just reviewing it", through me off, but there is arguably some kind of production line in CA, or they're transferring back and forth and engineering.

One thing I watch a lot in drone flights is the covered tow trucks, are they there or not? There is a stationary/local one in TX, but I personally believe there is one that is for design center/ engineering and that's how they move it around. That's how I've known for sure in past wether or not a truck was probably on sight (annual shareholder meeting eg.)
Is that curved glass I'm seeing on the roof!? Kind of looks like a model wire in that regard

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
I am surprised nobody mentioned the large overhang into the bed. I hope that comes off and is storable or it is going to suck for hauling refrigerators. Is it possible that this is the first link on the tonneau?

As people have said there doesn't appear to be light going through to the front so either the tonneau is partially rolled out or they eliminated the glass. Maybe the tonneau partially rolled up is the back and rolled all the way down is the full passthrough? Would fully covering the bed also expose a passthrough?

Something is going on there.

Maybe the tonneau spool is stored under the overhanging roof instead of under the bed?

That would give move room to store batteries in the bottom of the truck.

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
I really don’t like all the plastic. Plastic wheel well shroud. Plastic bumper and undercarriage piece. Plastic around the tonneau cover. Starting to look like a Chevy Avalanche with those big plastic shade sails. I keep my vehicles for almost 20 years because I am very mechanically talented and it’s simple enough for me to keep them going. It’s always the plastic and rubber on the body that start to go after about 10 years. It’s not my favorite that they went stainless but their attention to other details seems to be lacking. On my current truck almost all that is metal.
As a detailing kind of guy, I hear you about the plastics but nowadays with all the ceramic and graphene coatings available on the market for trim in addition to clearcoat, keeping the plastic looking new over the years shouldn’t be all that hard with a little work up front coating everything and then simple maintenance while cleaning the rest of the vehicle.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Its like being in solitary confinement, and a girl walks into the shower. Total excitement !!!

Hey Luvvie.... scratch my back !!!!

My next epiphany:

These mirrors could flip ? But I think it is very possible we could use these new-fangled high-tech actuators borrowed from Optimus to wind them in and out.

The window 'arm' seems wide enough to incorporate the actuator.

The 'flip' option would reduce cost and complexity.

Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 1675380296693

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Its like being in solitary confinement, and a girl walks into the shower. Total excitement !!!

Hey Luvvie.... scratch my back !!!!

My next epiphany:

These mirrors could flip ? But I think it is very possible we could use these new-fangled high-tech actuators borrowed from Optimus to wind them in and out.

The window 'arm' seems wide enough to incorporate the actuator.

The 'flip' option would reduce cost and complexity.

Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 {filename}
What if they just hinged in towards the glass and flat against it. If you are doing a bunch of highway driving, fold them in. In town leave them out. I kind of doubt it but the entire window area is recessed from the pillars.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Am I the only one (new side mirror aside) that are concerned that we may NEVER see the Cybertruck we all placed deposits on?

This project, no matter how complex, seems way too long in the process, ....
Why? How too long?

Ford took over 6 years.
GM/Chevy and RAM still have not delivered anything.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
That rear view really is non existent from line of sight. You will be fully reliant on cameras to see behind you. I much prefer actually being able to see. Obviously my back up camera is great for not hitting my kids but I can see a lot more by looking over my shoulder or in the rear view mirror. I also like to look out the back when changing lanes as it help forecast wether someone else is likely to change lanes.

Ryan95738

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
CNA
Country flag
I don't understand why there is no license plate, even testbed vehicles/prototypes need a license plate, at least in every state I've lived int.
Interesting point. What I'm curious about is why doesn't this version have the airless tires? Three different tire companies make a road legal one so why doesn't the cyber truck have it!??
Sponsored