Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
I did not spot a required 3rd brake light when the driver came to a stop. Rear lighting is very small for other motorists to see you in heavy rain or fog.
I agree. This makes me think it’s either not connected or out? But no way can it be just the way we see in vid.
Sponsored

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
The rear LED taillights on the CT are very small.

For rear visibility reasons I was really hoping for the production version to incorporate larger LED running lights and/or a LED light bar similar to the Rivian R1T. The Rivian also incorporates a a pair of upper 3rd brake lights above the rear window.

Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 5308270F-866C-4848-A6ED-C8858A1E78CF

Last edited:

Ryan95738

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
CNA
Country flag
Yup, I have a 2018 Honda Ridgeline. When I turn on the right blinker a camera in the right mirror displays the picture on the center screen. I never have to look all the way over at the mirror. it’s wonderful, why isn’t that standard on every car now?
The same thing in my Honda Odyssey, I also have a Honda Ridgeline but it's from 2006 so it doesn't quite even have a backup camera

Deleted member 3316

I’m
What if they just hinged in towards the glass and flat against it. If you are doing a bunch of highway driving, fold them in. In town leave them out. I kind of doubt it but the entire window area is recessed from the pillars.
I’m thinking the mirror design will prioritise aero when folded as well as presented.

It would be cool to see an origami fold after-market solution that tucks under the A-pillar.

NJturtlePower

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3 Stealth Performance
Country flag
Am I the only one (new side mirror aside) that are concerned that we may NEVER see the Cybertruck we all placed deposits on?

This project, no matter how complex, seems way too long in the process, with no feedback or positive updates from Tesla...
And so for your very first post you went with this thread on a day when there are actual new images and video proof? 🤦‍♂️

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
Elon Musk just confirmed in a tweet that these side mirrors are removable.

"Yeah. Still many small tweaks to make it better (and the side mirrors are removable by owner), but this is very close to production design."​

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I wouldn't overthink that. It's not really showing up in the video like it is there. There is some ripple, but not at all substantial.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Its like being in solitary confinement, and a girl walks into the shower. Total excitement !!!

Hey Luvvie.... scratch my back !!!!

My next epiphany:

These mirrors could flip ? But I think it is very possible we could use these new-fangled high-tech actuators borrowed from Optimus to wind them in and out.

The window 'arm' seems wide enough to incorporate the actuator.

The 'flip' option would reduce cost and complexity.

1675380296693.png
The optimus actuators are very large- at least the sime size as the mirror if not larger. Its more likely that they will use the optimus actuators to move the gigantic windshield wiper.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If we need circumstantial evidence whether this is footage by luck, or marketing exercise:

Where is the BAW ?

Demmitt, the camera angle didn't pick it up !!! Sure !!!!!

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
Elon Musk just confirmed in a tweet that these side mirrors are removable.

"Yeah. Still many small tweaks to make it better (and the side mirrors are removable by owner), but this is very close to production design."​

Very glad to hear this is still being confirmed, I really want to remove em’ and use cameras for side view. This trucks lines looks amazing with the mirrors removed, at least IMO.

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado,
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Not sure which but I really don't like the waves and ripples on the side sheet metal, hopefully it's a mule that they've been hammering away on!
Sponsored