Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck “New” Cybertruck Photos with vault cover closed 1646085961069

Tesla Cybertruck “New” Cybertruck Photos with vault cover closed 1646086010810

It is crazy how these two images taken from the same camera at slightly different angles make the truck look different shapes. First image makes it look super long, the second, taller and shorter.

In both, the wheels look tiny.

Mostly posted this because the vault cover is closed and most of the images we’ve seen lately it’s been open.

Tesla Cybertruck “New” Cybertruck Photos with vault cover closed 1646085904037

Sponsored

SAVFPV

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All Black Model Y LR, Beast w/ FSD Reserved @ 1149
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That cover looks alot more glassy than the prior one.

-Crissa
At first to thought the finish had already worn off, but I think you may be into something!! Those could easily be reflections of the sky…

Edit: Now that I look at it again I’m not so sure any more. The “wear” looks identical from the two angles where as nothing else does.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Dirt accumulation here at one and two are interesting. Almost as if the dirt is accumulating in the open pen posing housing. Does not make sense to not have the housing sealed off. Wondering about how the accumulation occurred.

Tesla Cybertruck “New” Cybertruck Photos with vault cover closed 29451A93-88EC-426A-B152-51A8F5BA24BC

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Dirt accumulation here at one and two are interesting. Almost as if the dirt is accumulating in the open pen posing housing. Does not make sense to not have the housing sealed off. Wondering about hove the accumulation occurred.

29451A93-88EC-426A-B152-51A8F5BA24BC.jpeg
I think it looks like something that was rolled up while dirty and then opened back up. The cleaner part of the roll was the top of the rolled up portion.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'm just happy to know they apparently haven't abandoned the vault cover in favor of adding a mid-gate. I was beginning to have my doubts.
YES.

I didn’t think they would abandon it, but it is good to see it on one of the prototypes regardless.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
At first to thought the finish had already worn off, but I think you may be into something!! Those could easily be reflections of the sky…

Edit: Now that I look at it again I’m not so sure any more. The “wear” looks identical from the two angles where as nothing else does.
Yeah, more like the glass than the steel.

Does “glassy” suggest photovoltaic, or is it too early for them to be testing such a feature?
It could be! I don't know. That's what I would expect it to look like. But it could just be a protective coating. Or an illusion.

Whole thing sure is dusty.

-Crissa