Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Avalon,Outback, and previously Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Boat Captain
Country flag
I wonder if you could close your tonneau while in the truck bed if trying to hide from someone you dont want to talk to... in a pinch.

futureproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Mid gate could still be easy if the opening is within the vertical tonneau tracks and the tonneau rolls up below the bed level. Add a sensor to deactivate tonneau operation when the mid gate is open.
Also, the promised vault environmental control seems like it would be harder to achieve without a mid gate. But maybe the vault will have it's own a/c vents.
I would think you'd want the option to have the mid gate open AND the tonneau cover closed at the same time. Consider after market camping configurations that rely on an open tonneau and open mid gate for more space.

flamaest

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
I wonder if you could close your tonneau while in the truck bed if trying to hide from someone you dont want to talk to... in a pinch.
I would also hope we can use the CT's cameras for a 360 view, while I was inside the closed bed, sleeping or something.

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, i3, Zero DS, F-250, CT & Aptera res
Occupation
Oracle Database Developer
Country flag
I would think you'd want the option to have the mid gate open AND the tonneau cover closed at the same time. Consider after market camping configurations that rely on an open tonneau and open mid gate for more space.
I agree...fully opened or fully closed you can open the mid gate and it will lock the tonneau. Otherwise you would in essence be placing your head in a guillotine.

Suskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Seat Ibiza
Country flag
Midgate is 100% possible if its sections end at the roof (when it's deployed) and they are pulled inside the CT by its sides (chains or something like that). It could allow a midgate to be opened both with tonneau closed (for great camping options) and open (to exit the cabin directly on the bed. Great for fishing in shallow waters, for example)

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Will the cost of this solar panel be worth the extra 15 miles it might get?
It would depend on your power rates, and how you charge your truck. I'm planning to have solar panels on my home anyway, so I don't see a tonne of value.

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, i3, Zero DS, F-250, CT & Aptera res
Occupation
Oracle Database Developer
Country flag
Will the cost of this solar panel be worth the extra 15 miles it might get?
It depends on the option price I suppose, but (if my calculations are right) assuming the wh/mi of the Cybertruck is say 400 and the solar panel can provide 15 miles per day, that's 6000 wh or 6kwh per day. Imagine that in a camping situation where the truck is parked...or powering a small remote cabin that would only draw 4-5kwh per day.
Sponsored