SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTORĀ®
Country flag
Yes, and here's why from a previous conversation.

Please never ever expect to go the full range of your battery. There needs to be some buffer above and below. As some are saying, range is your usage per mile x the watts remaining - a safe % at the bottom. I recently started part full with 205 miles of estimated range, drove 136 miles to the next chargers, and had only 3 miles remaining, at reduced speeds! It was cold and raining so the car quickly told me my watts usage was too high to make that distance at that speed. I slowed to what it said and made it. Never ever assume you will ever go 500 miles when the rating is for 500.
He got 67% of his starting range. My driving conditions are going to be cold, and could be sloppy, and maybe have chains on the tires. 67% might be optimal for me, but using that number; 67% of my previously figured 300 miles available is 201 miles...which barely works for my 200 miles of hunting need, but it does work and I could adjust a little if necessary.
[/QUOTE]

For context, the 300 miles available were based on the max range I would have upon arriving at my hunting location. I will continue to say 500 miles in my line in the sand.
Sponsored

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTORĀ®
Country flag
Just pull the mirrors off, thatā€™ll get 20 miles range right there. (Actually 24 miles if Teslaā€˜s 5% range increase is to be believed)
I'd rather just believe Tesla will achieve their 500+ miles of range.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
well 500+ is what we been led to believe the CT3 will get.......if not delivered with that range and within the next 12-18 months, I will look at the MY.....at that point they will be coming from Giga Texas and have the 4680 battery.....and who knows, maybe 425-450 range......if that turns our to be the case, I will get the MY......

I know some have said the range of the MY will not be near 425, but we just have to wait and see...

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
The thing I loved most about driving our Okas was that they were roo safe...the roos would simply go underneath. :)
Nice euphemism. I wonder if moose or elk could just "go underneath". For that matter, I wonder if pedestrians just "go underneath". Maybe that is how Tesla is making the CT a safer alternative to other trucks.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Waitā€¦ is it the mullet truck?

Bus-i-ness in the front, party in the back?
There's always gonna be a party in the back. What happens in the front is entirely at the user's discretion.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I predict the CT will be slightly narrower as well. It MUST fit comfortably through the Boring Company tunnels. Jay Leno appeared nervous when driving the concept truck through the test tunnel in Hawthorne, CA.
I'd just turn on FSD for the tunnel drive. Trying to stay alert in a long tunnel is going to be way too difficult anyway. Just let the truck to the driving.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Does this mean we are going to have to roll down the window and adjust the mirror by hand like animals?

Thatā€™ll be frustrating enough to make me want to rip them off by itself. On of my favorite features in the Model Y is driver profiles and not having to fiddle with mirrors and seat height every time I drive.
Can I get my profile set with mirrors removed?

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
On the earnings call they said they have built a number of ALPHAs and more or less acknowledged that this ā€œLeakā€ is legit. They confirmed rear wheel steering and suggest that they have made additional smaller improvements which are not visible.

They say its still largely true to the initial vision and are planning on launching the beta trucks next year.

Side Note: Alpha is usually a product which has experimental features which may not end up shipping or it might be missing final features. Beta is more or less same features as the final but working out the bugs in production and manufacturing.

Other Side Note: I know thatā€™s not an entirely perfect description of Alpha vs Beta, donā€™t @ me.
So one alpha feature that didn't make it to beta is apparently the door handles. I'll be curious what other alpha features get cut.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
So doing really rough calculations...
Turn composit.jpg

The curb to curb turning radius is 4 cybertucks wide.
79.8in * 4 = 319.2 in
=26.6 ft

The model 3 is 38.8 ft, and the F150 crewcab is 47 feet.

Am I am doing something wrong, or is it just that amazing?
I love that estimation!!

Anyone know what the Rivian turning radius is?

I'm specifically thinking of this corner from Black Bear Pass:

Tesla Cybertruck ? New Cybertruck video showing (removable) side mirrors, rear wheel steering, turning radius! 1634870944433

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Just pull the mirrors off, thatā€™ll get 20 miles range right there. (Actually 24 miles if Teslaā€˜s 5% range increase is to be believed)
Or 30.5 miles if the 610-mile range is to be believed.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Looks like it was shot across China Lake at Area 52 from a secret cave location unbeknownst to most, with Zapruder's original 8mm.
But I'll take it!
Sponsored