Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Ah.... Merced. Made the mistake of staying there on the way back from Yosemite once. Not sure which was worse, the freeway noise, or the police sirens. :)
Sponsored

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
Bigfoot quality footage but it’s something new. You can side side mirrors and the rear wheels steering. Different than original prototype.

slightly better quality video looks like they've blacked out the top portion of tailgate as, well. I like it, always thought tailgate needed shortening some how visually.

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
This is really interesting. Looks like there might be an entire facility there to test vehicles, and maybe even self driving vehicles. Seems like there are variations of many interesting intersections in the fenced in area.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I’ve landed at Castle Airport!

Its a monster runway near a little city. A remnant of a military base.

They have some huge chunks of pavement where they used to park military aircraft.

Good place for testing a truck out if you want to be off radar. Lots of huge sections of pavement for playing around testing steering and acceleration.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
OMG… such a classic Elon Musk line there.

I’ll keep the side mirrors in the box right next to the front license plate hanger for my Model Y.

I’m sure we’ll have someone doing the range calculations based on mirrors on/ off within days of release.

nomadmusk

First Name
Droxx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic to Cybertruck
Occupation
2nd infantry of Tesla's Quality Division
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck ? New Cybertruck video showing (removable) side mirrors, rear wheel steering, turning radius! Screenshot_20211019-110438__01
Tesla Cybertruck ? New Cybertruck video showing (removable) side mirrors, rear wheel steering, turning radius! Screenshot_20211019-110458

Tesla Cybertruck ? New Cybertruck video showing (removable) side mirrors, rear wheel steering, turning radius! 1634667177045

Tesla Cybertruck ? New Cybertruck video showing (removable) side mirrors, rear wheel steering, turning radius! 1634667242393

little easier to see from the gmaps images. That fronk does look smaller, but it's an f150 sized vehicle, so it's still pretty big.

Edit: it would be hilarious if it's just some master troll Photoshoping these two renders.

Last edited:

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
Looks like it might have a curved windshield like the one we saw in the Prototype Windshield video.

Make the front look less angular, and it would make the frunk hood appear smaller.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
With the smaller frunk it feels like the Lightning style flat opening makes even more sense. The actual opening could go pretty far back under the window but if you have to access it through a small top hatch that’s going to be awkward as hell.

Hopefully the whole headlight and “grill” pulls up now for a lower/ flat frunk area access.

I kind of think the shorter front looks nicer though. Also, seems like you’d have even better visibility.

rizvend

First Name
CyBrNrD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
Doesn't look super useable to me, so it's definitely not a show stopper for me. The ramp angle is so steep, to be barely usable (or unusable) for the times I would really want it.
For us with wheelchair bound kids, very usable.

MiguelAznar

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3-motor
Country flag
A shorter frunk in order to get better visibility (of children on-road and cliffs off-road) plus an easier fit in parking spaces or garages would be great!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
1. Is anyone really surprised by the mirrors?
Not super surprising. Regulators are slow. Also not surprising, Musk’s comment about being able to remove them. Someone suggested that was likely a long time ago.

rizvend

First Name
CyBrNrD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
A shorter frunk in order to get better visibility (of children on-road and cliffs off-road) plus an easier fit in parking spaces or garages would be great!
ok...

Tesla Cybertruck ? New Cybertruck video showing (removable) side mirrors, rear wheel steering, turning radius! download (1)
Sponsored