Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 -> Cybertruck Tri motor
Occupation
IT
Country flag
So in your image CT did a 90° turn only, you might need to multiply it by 2?
That would be a turning diameter, not turning radius.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
holy crap....."beta next year".......it obvious that it wont happen this year.....but next year (2022) is 365 days long......no battery yet, no final design yet, next year not here yet......so I'll bet there will be no CT from the production line in Austin until 2023......wish Elon would just say it
They sounded pretty confident in the new time line (production starts by year end 2022).

We’ll have to see if any more nasty blockers pop up though.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Its not as pug as that screenshot makes it look.
Screenshot_20210930-174648_Samsung Internet.jpg
That's because the photo is straight from the side. What gives it the pug look is the ratio between windshield and hood, not a change in overall front end dimensions. Provided that even is the same vehicle as the one photographed at Merced airport.

I'm pretty sure that's what automakers publish though, turning circle is probably a better term.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
According to Google (via Wikipedia):

The term turning radius is sometimes used as equal and interchangeable to the turning diameter. However, strictly mathematically speaking, the turning radius (r) will always be defined as half of the turning diameter (d).

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
That's a fair point, but if you keep measuring we'll then also have an idea of the U-Turn radius, which typically requires 3 lanes to accomplish in 1/2 ton trucks.

Faffle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul ev
Country flag
Alpha-Beta, doesn't matter to me as long as when it does arrive it's well designed. They only get one shot at this and if the first ones are a piece of crap then no one will give future versions a chance.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Alpha-Beta, doesn't matter to me as long as when it does arrive it's well designed. They only get one shot at this and if the first ones are a piece of crap then no one will give future versions a chance.
This is so important. I suggested something similar on the thread about take rate. If they hit it out of the park, it will be massive and pre-order take will be 95%. If it’s wonky, there is going to be a run for the exits.

But… look at their prior offerings. Lots of little frustrations about interiors and delivery delays, but so far they’ve hit expectations on every major delivery. Once they… you know finally come out.

This is why I expect the CT will crush it.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
If they get an EPA rating of 480 I will take delivery and sell to the first best offer of break-even costs...or higher.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
That seems to be one measure they definitely kept firm on.

I’d love to see that rumored 600 mile range, not holding my breath… it’s a stretch goal.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If they get an EPA rating of 480 I will take delivery and sell to the first best offer of break-even costs...or higher.
Just pull the mirrors off, that’ll get 20 miles range right there. (Actually 24 miles if Tesla‘s 5% range increase is to be believed)
Sponsored