Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Let’s work out a side deal. I mean, nooo, reconsider…here’s my number.

I suspect there is a pass through. Without engaging, I think the bed is the same length and with pass through down, exceeds 8 foot. However , vertical overhang would cover a portion.

For those needing long beds, would the configuration described be a deal breaker?
I don’t know about the pass through, but I think there is a pretty big overhang and the bed is still fairly long at the base but usable space in the front is limited by the overhang and rear sloping bed front. So good for long flat things like lumber. Not good for long tall things.

For laying down a bike or two securely, it should work ok. For parking a motorcycle, I’m not as sure.

It’s sort of the nature of trucks to be versatile. So everyone has a different thought picture. Cyberlandr and Form are likely blowing gaskets right now.

If there is a pass through… that will cause a pretty big shift in usefulness. For some it would be a huge improvement, for others not so much.

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Developer, Vlogger
Country flag
The bed never looked like it was 6.5 feet before either, but I think the angles just make it hard to see the scale. Don't forget, they still claim the CyberQuad is an optional feature... shipped in the bed.

The F-150 Lightning bed is 5.5 ft and Rivian is only 4.5 ft , so I think we can assumed they're going to stick to the promised 6.5 ft bed.

Curacars

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 626
Country flag
Anyone else think this rear glass is too dark to be tint? Almost like its... solar cells.

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 10.02.02 AM.png
I was hoping it's solar panel as well, in the scorching sun where I live, it will a greenhouse. Even if it's just a 400w panel, it would be enough for a couple of kwh a day. Maybe double with the solar tonneau cover.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
A couple quick thoughts.
  • Front end is definitely a bit shorter. That wasn’t just an optical illusion.
  • Big ass wiper on the driver side.
  • Door handle gone
  • Curved front window looks hot.
  • Is it just me or is the top of the cabin smaller?
  • Added: Charge port door flap looks like it's moved into the fender flare

1639157496497.jpeg

cybertruck-wipers.jpg

cybertruck-top.jpg

cybertruck-mirrors.jpg

cybertruck-front.jpg

screen-shot-2021-12-10-at-10-02-02-am-png.png

1639157514962.png

FGQwzubXsAYdL6r.png

1639158906288.jpeg
aside from the annoying music this dude needs to learn how to operate a drone better. I can mute the music, but the constant desire to zoom in at the last second and just miss it then spend 30 seconds each time panning around searching for it makes me hostile! Chose the worst spot to track moving vehicles around that track. should have been at one of the ends as its easier to track something moving essentially toward and away from you for most of the movement instead of full pan left and right. Then quit the zooming into sections of the frame so that you catch 1 second of the thing before it moves out of frame and spend the next 30 seconds searching for it. Ugh. haha!

After watching the video.. I'm not offended by the styling changes from 1,000 ft but again if that bed is any shorter than 6.5' internally with gate up im going to be f'n pissed. I can get beyond the butt front bumper and plastic bed interior.. and totally get the legal requirements of the mirrors and that giant ass wiper (granted I would have found an alternative option to that 1 giant wiper). It actually looks more aggressive and nimble now and less like a tank.

Last edited:

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Interesting. I didn't notice the mirrors moving in the video but it looks like while driving the mirrors fold in?

1639162535291.png
Would be cool to have cameras facing forwards and backwards when the mirrors are closed.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
No way in hell I can go down to a 5.5 foot bed. Regularly buying 4x8 and 10'+ long boards. I make them work with creativity in my Silverado's 6.5' bed, but 5.5' or less and the center of gravity is gonna be beyond the edge of the tailgate when its up.

There have been two things that will force me to cancel my order: if the yoke is kept, because backing up a 25' trailer will be a pain in the dick with it, and haptic buttons suck. Or, if the bed shrunk to the point I can't haul lumber over 8 feet long in it.

I'm not getting a good feeling here....
Hopefully its at least 6'. The bed dimensions could be visually deceiving due to the lack of wheel wells in the bed floor like a typical truck. If the bed is a ~5.5' wide then perhaps 6.5' is still in the design. If its only 6' and there is a passthrough that would allow me to lay some flat sheets or lumber in it then I think it would still be a workable solution for me.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
The bed never looked like it was 6.5 feet before either, but I think the angles just make it hard to see the scale. Don't forget, they still claim the CyberQuad is an optional feature... shipped in the bed.

The F-150 Lightning bed is 5.5 ft and Rivian is only 4.5 ft , so I think we can assumed they're going to stick to the promised 6.5 ft bed.
Cyberquad doesn't have to worry about fenders/mud guards smashing the walls. Practically anything else two wheeled does.

samroy92

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
samroy.io
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, CT Tri/Quad FSD
Occupation
Head of Technology (SW, DevOps, IT, Security)
Country flag
The wiper is fugly, “Deployable” is interesting in California and Arizona where you have months of no rain. I live in Oregon up here there is just “Deployed”.
I agree also imagine cleaning caked up mud out of a wiper housing... not happening haha

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Would be cool to have cameras facing forwards and backwards when the mirrors are closed.
Would be cool when picking up the truck, explosive bolts eject the mirrors at the factory. Tesla reusing the mirrors on the next truck thus keeping price point low to the consumer.

Tesla, marketing gold… do it for my build

Last edited:

sk1d00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Holden VY SS Ute 2004, Volvo XC60 2009
Country flag
Oh dear, my opinion looks like it’s going to be unpopular but I LOVE the offset Big Ass Wiper. I agree it may block some vision but IMO it adds to the Cyberpunk aesthetic. I don’t know annoying it would be in fast-wipe mode with all the travel needed to clear the screen.

I’m just glad to get an update. I hope the whole length is shorter or maybe shorter nose and bed = larger interior.
Sponsored