John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Oh dear, my opinion looks like it’s going to be unpopular but I LOVE the offset Big Ass Wiper. I agree it may block some vision but IMO it adds to the Cyberpunk aesthetic. I don’t know annoying it would be in fast-wipe mode with all the travel needed to clear the screen.

I’m just glad to get an update. I hope the whole length is shorter or maybe shorter nose and bed = larger interior.
Since I am most interest inside out, just want clean visibility.
Sponsored

Smokehouse Brown

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Willis
Occupation
Rocket Surgeon
Country flag
That wiper looks hideous as well as appears to bock some vision near the A pillar. =\
Yeah no doubt. With that slope those are coming off and just add RainX and good to go. Just put back on for the inspection. Just wanting to know how the hell are you going to clean the inside window all the way up there. Any idea's?

Curacars

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 626
Country flag
Unless they've developed the highest efficiency cells out there, this isn't enough real estate for the cells to generate much energy. However, it would make more sense for the static "glass" roof to house the cells: integrating solar cells into the tonneau would create a situation where you would potentially get wire wear or fray/possible crimping when the tonneau is activated. I know there has been a lot of speculation regarding transparent solar cells that you could see through. Maybe the windshield glass AND the roof glass will utilize transparent cells? (I know, wishful thinking!)
The roof part alone could probably be enough for 400 to 500w/h without being more efficient then a normal solar panel. Based on my estimate that the area is about 2 m2 (22 square feet).

FHWizard

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester Sport, M3 LR, MY LR, CT tri reserv
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No way in hell I can go down to a 5.5 foot bed. Regularly buying 4x8 and 10'+ long boards. I make them work with creativity in my Silverado's 6.5' bed, but 5.5' or less and the center of gravity is gonna be beyond the edge of the tailgate when its up.

There have been two things that will force me to cancel my order: if the yoke is kept, because backing up a 25' trailer will be a pain in the dick with it, and haptic buttons suck. Or, if the bed shrunk to the point I can't haul lumber over 8 feet long in it.

I'm not getting a good feeling here....
I agree. I'm intending to use the truck as a truck not a piece of bling. I need to haul lumber, plywood, brush piles, and go camping (Cyberlandr?). I'm not interested in hauling people just to impress them with a 0-60 time.

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Developer, Vlogger
Country flag
Cyberquad doesn't have to worry about fenders/mud guards smashing the walls. Practically anything else two wheeled does.
If the CyberQuad still fits, it's the same size bed ad the original prototype... unless they scale that too, but I'm still guessing it's the same size as before 6.5 ft.

SgtSweatySac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Silverado, 2021 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Filthy Network Admin
Country flag
The wiper is fugly, “Deployable” is interesting in California and Arizona where you have months of no rain. I live in Oregon up here there is just “Deployed”.
I worry about even the "deployment" where I'm at in PA. We have storms that dump a foot or two of snow or a half-inch of ice a couple times every winter. It's hard enough on regular windshield wipers if you forget to prop them up pre-storm. Nevermind if a panel has to open or an arm has to actuate up-and-out to get the wiper in position to do work. Also, the amount of torque you'd have to put on that motor and into a wiper that big to clean off hardened snow would probably snap it like a twig.

I don't want to even think about our poor Canadian friends...

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I agree. I'm intending to use the truck as a truck not a piece of bling. I need to haul lumber, plywood, brush piles, and go camping (Cyberlandr?). I'm not interested in hauling people just to impress them with a 0-60 time.
Yeah all these people begging for pass through bed and shorter bed why even buy a truck? Just buy your desired SUVs or RVs. By chipping away at the bed length you are making it less and less usable as a truck which is the whole point of it. This means people who want to use it as a truck as designed.. getting less and less of main functionality. And how is Tesla gonna win over the whole truck market when your truck is a glorified Honda Ridgeline? There is a reason Ridgelines have the least market share in the truck segment. SHORT BED.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
aside from the annoying music this dude needs to learn how to operate a drone better. I can mute the music, but the constant desire to zoom in at the last second and just miss it then spend 30 seconds each time panning around searching for it makes me hostile! Chose the worst spot to track moving vehicles around that track. should have been at one of the ends as its easier to track something moving essentially toward and away from you for most of the movement instead of full pan left and right. Then quit the zooming into sections of the frame so that you catch 1 second of the thing before it moves out of frame and spend the next 30 seconds searching for it. Ugh. haha!

After watching the video.. I'm not offended by the styling changes from 1,000 ft but again if that bed is any shorter than 6.5' internally with gate up im going to be f'n pissed. I can get beyond the butt front bumper and plastic bed interior.. and totally get the legal requirements of the mirrors and that giant ass wiper (granted I would have found an alternative option to that 1 giant wiper). It actually looks more aggressive and nimble now and less like a tank.
Do you need a wiper when using FSD.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yeah all these people begging for pass through bed and shorter bed why even buy a truck? Just buy your desired SUVs or RVs. By chipping away at the bed length you are making it less and less usable as a truck which is the whole point of it. This means people who want to use it as a truck as designed.. getting less and less of main functionality. And how is Tesla gonna win over the whole truck market when your truck is a glorified Honda Ridgeline? There is a reason Ridgelines have the least market share in the truck segment. SHORT BED.
There are a lot of trucks on the market with 5.5’ beds, maybe more than 6.5” beds at this point. Ford chose to make the F-150 lightning in that form factor because it’s hugely popular.

I think we’re still getting a 6’+ bed myself, but with the overhang which will make it a bit weird. Not sure how much I love that.

Auric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Insight
Country flag
I like this smaller World-Version of the CT, the 50 ft long US-Version won't fit in the rest of the world.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag

Michael Dobbs

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, model 3 and model S
Occupation
Biomedical Engineer
Country flag
A couple quick thoughts.

• Front end is definitely a bit shorter. That wasn’t just an optical illusion.
  • Big ass wiper on the driver side.
  • Door handle gone
  • Curved front window looks hot.
  • Is it just me or is the top of the cabin smaller?
That wiper belongs on a bus?
Sponsored