TheDarkRanger

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Ford 4400 Industrial Tractor, 1995 7.0L Ford Dump Truck, 2000 Dodge Dakota 4wd QuadCab, 2000 F350 4wd, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Park Ranger / Astronomy Entertainer
Country flag
Hoping the overall length is only changed at the front and didn't affect everything from the cab back.

ct.png
Basic Photo-forensics suggests nothing has change with bed length...

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] CyberTruck Bed Length
Sponsored

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
If the wiper is really going to look like that, it better be the greatest functioning wiper in the history of mankind ...for all of eternity.

1) I have faith the bed length is still 6.5ft
2) Not sure what to think of the bed insert.
3) Not concerned about the front light placement or lightbar as long as they are functional.
4) If the charging port is incorporated into the fender, I think that's a terrible idea. Hopefully it's just hidden somewhere else.
5) I'll be removing those mirrors upon delivery.
6) It does look like there is an overhang, on the back of the cab wall. I would say 99.9% of the time this won't be a problem for me, (though it might rule out whether or not I opt in for that tailgate ramp...if it's an option.) and hopefully there is a good reason for the overhang opposed to just aesthetics.
7) I still have concerns about that interior and the barren landscape surrounding the front dash. I 'd really like to see if the interior has changed at all since the reveal.
8) Oh...and I'm not sure the tires are 35s anymore. They look smaller to me. That would be disappointing.

Edited to add #8.

TheDarkRanger

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Ford 4400 Industrial Tractor, 1995 7.0L Ford Dump Truck, 2000 Dodge Dakota 4wd QuadCab, 2000 F350 4wd, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Park Ranger / Astronomy Entertainer
Country flag
The bed never looked like it was 6.5 feet before either, but I think the angles just make it hard to see the scale. Don't forget, they still claim the CyberQuad is an optional feature... shipped in the bed.

The F-150 Lightning bed is 5.5 ft and Rivian is only 4.5 ft , so I think we can assumed they're going to stick to the promised 6.5 ft bed.
Looks like about 6'2" to 6' 6" to me....

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] CyberTruck Bed Length

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] 1639171662902

This above appears to be me to be pushed back ~6" or more than the original prototype. Also I would guess the frunk will open similar to the F150L and thus the bumper redesign is pushed out a bit for clearance for bumper mount items to not interfere with the frunk opening. I agree with how far you can see the dash pushed forward under the windshield, the frunk could have a rather large amount of space. I do somewhat like the slightly more rounded front end and the slightly faired trimming around the bottom of the truck. Perhaps the overhang is to upward mount the rollup tonneau cover to not impede the pass-through? Pass-through possibly a tailgate design with a retracting windshield inside of it that folds inwards?

Last edited:

ltp2568

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model s 2017
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The music was BAD, what happened to the CD, they really made a mess, no solar panels? that would be the best part, I live in Arizona, lost of sun, just saying

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
maybe there are trying to keep cost down and keep it the same as reveal night......it may also compensate for the 4th motor.....just thinking out laid

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Confirmed! All CT's will get an extra motor for free! A wiper motor, LOL.

israndy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Mitsubishi I-Miev, 2x 2007 Vectrix VX-1, 2000 Honda Insight, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired from IT
Country flag
Side cameras are on ALL Teslas

I have seen people ask if there are solar panels on the roof as it is so dark but there are pictures where you can see the seatbelts on the rear seats thru the roof glass so no panels in there.

TheDing

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Malibu
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
You've got no idea how pissed I am.

12345.jpg
Its crazy though. The photo you posted of the original protype looks AWESOME in that picture. In fact it looks awesome every time a photo from that angle is taken.

However its completely deceiving because it makes the cybertruck look way stubbier and beefier. When the original is viewed from the side the cybertruck looks long and stretched and not beefy, but almost car like. Not good relative to the front view.

I think Tesla designers must have noticed this too because the shorter hood and curved front edges I believe will give the truck that beefy badass look in reality to be more similar to that specific camera angle the original prototype.

Badass front angle
Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] 1639172873565

Less badass long side view that doesn't benefit from the focal length of the camera lens.
Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] 1639173003179

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The wiper is fugly, “Deployable” is interesting in California and Arizona where you have months of no rain. I live in Oregon up here there is just “Deployed”.
yea, so you are on a rode trip and run into a storm....stop and deploy the wiper.....dont think that is a very good idea......I may be missing something here......maybe this is why we haven not seen much in way of design.....if it is a continuous improvement process and making sure it is street legal in all 50 states and worldwide......I am really starting to feel sick

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
How deep is your fridge?
Typically, you steady the fridge against the forward wall of the bed for weight distribution and it's a good place to tie it so it doesn't move. Hard to do that with a tonneau cover in the way on my truck, for instance. Same will happen if the CT doesn't have a clear front wall.
Sponsored