Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
buy whatever tires you want
I think the point was that it debuted with 35s and 500+ miles of range, so the expectation is that we will get 500 miles of range with 35s on it. If we have to pay more to "upgrade" to 35s AND then get less range it's going to be a huge disappointment.
Sponsored

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Minus the mono cyclops windshield wiper (Elon Tweeted it’s not making production) I think what we see in the video is the production version of the Cybertruck.

I see a lot of nitpicking on this thread but overall I am pleased with the exterior design. It’s stayed very true to the concept as Elon said it would. Federal vehicle laws dictated a lot of the modifications.

I really want to see the reveal of the interior. It’s where the driver and passenger spend all of their time. I hope Tesla keeps it as close to the concept as possible, yoke steering wheel and all.

In addition to the standard Tesla black and white interior color choices I would love to see some “new for Tesla” interior colors offered for the CT. I am thinking a “Space Grey“ or “Mars Red” vegan seat color choices. Both would go well will the SS silver hued exterior.

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] 54A547B2-2CF1-448E-9FED-4FD5C637111E
Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] 354DF7C3-29E4-4620-8B86-E4D74C7AC9D4

Last edited:

By-tor

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
AAA Battery Tech
Country flag
I'm sure someone has said this. Not about to read all posts. I think this is a test mule. Possibly to test 4 motor setup. Speculation on this is a waste of energy.

Jstoltz54

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX450h, Model S
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My Christmas wish, hope, need is for the CT doors be wired for external cameras. I’m happy to pay for federal shortcomings but really need wiring in place.
‘Thank you Santa Elon

Tenksen

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Yeah, that curved front end and curved windshield are definitely "off" with the overall design of the truck. I'm guessing Elon will say they needed to curve the front end for better aero and to squeak out more miles. People will probably forget about it over time and forget that the original was completely flat in the front.
I think it might be due to worldwide market, I was always doubtful I'd get the OG CT because around EU windshields and front bumbers have to meet safety for pedestrian impact. At least I hope its that because its a better reason than appealing to the haters which will hate regardless.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I think the point was that it debuted with 35s and 500+ miles of range, so the expectation is that we will get 500 miles of range with 35s on it. If we have to pay more to "upgrade" to 35s AND then get less range it's going to be a huge disappointment.
even with debut 35's depending on what style you buy, ( hwy, all season, off road ) performance will be affected, so it's really meaningless.

kraal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Country flag
The wipers look like a patch!!! I don´t see any engineering effort here, not a good option.
See the torque/power that the wiper´s motor needs to have to clean the windshield with snow/ice and even more if you are driving at 60mph and the wind is strong!!!
This wiper is just a patch, can´t be the final.
It is also horrible!!

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'm sure someone has said this. Not about to read all posts. I think this is a test mule. Possibly to test 4 motor setup. Speculation on this is a waste of energy.
It is pretty unlikely they build a prototype which is not the final shape and size. The wipers and the wheels may be different, but the body design is almost certainly very close to final.

Good to see you doing better after the snow dog kicked your ass.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It would not surprise me if off-road tires were an upgrade and they will absolutely reduce the range. It may be they still get 500 miles range and the LR tires get even more range though. Really hard to say at this point.

That is going to be a tough choice for me. Really want both long range and off road tires. Even if the off road tires get 500 miles… I‘d still want the LR tires for range.

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Personally I like it....and still glad I put my $100 down early
- prefer to have removable mirrors but ok if not....
- will get 35" option package or aftermarket assuming they fit...my m3P has 20's and there's a mileage hit over 18/19's - it's physics..and what was show/announced - 35" & 500mi was not "guaranteed" - it was a demo with "subject to change"
--really want a 6.5' bed for up to 3 dirt bikes with tailgate down - as I've done on my 2500 trucks...but 6' without interference of overhang on fenders will suffice - at least get 2 bikes or dont interfere with one diagonal
--dont want bed liner but guessing that's a bit of prototype/cammo perhaps...hoping for t track
--wiper big but if that's the worst of it I'll survive
--overall think it looks good and excited about 4 motor vs. 3, 4x steering - driving dynamics should be absolutely fantastic
--hope it delivers on suspension statements - eg Baja, range of travel, adjustability, semi active, etc...great stuff vs. legacy 2500 ish type trucks
-- really hope keeps tailgate ramp and kneel feature to load bikes/quads
--like the side skirts with steps - easier to do lift over and clean roof, etc
-- cant wait to see interior and option / accessories - I can deal with yoke, just hoping the interior has lots of storage cubbies / good usefulness of the 4x8 dashboard! :) and isn't just a block of compressed cardboard with roman emperor marble
--Elon said tech showcase so bring it on...

My biggest concern is towing my 13k toy hauler - R1T lost 68% range with a car trailer/car....if that carried over (example only) - then 500mi theory range is 200 max with a trailer....could still work for my use case but I'd prob give my 2500 to my daughter and use for longer trips....

In summary - please take my money asap, I have faith in Tesla/elon and absolutely cant wait! It will take longer, but Elon is not going to lose and will release a world beater (for most people).

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Blue tape is just holding the fender flare on, once in production they should be able to do a better job....:rolleyes:
So we'll get the upgrade to grey duct tape? I find blue painters tape works really well for a short time but it quickly loses its stickiness. The grey tape on the other hand, now that stuff sticks forever. Seems to just get more difficult to remove over time.
Sponsored