Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Nah… people redneck stupid dangerous solutions Nothing like raising the center of gravity on your high center of gravity truck.

1639299157055.jpeg
With the triangle shape of the CT I would not be surprised to see a CT with a similar load but doubled up. One on the back, one on the front.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
With the triangle shape of the CT I would not be surprised to see a CT with a similar load but doubled up. One on the back, one on the front.
Lift the truck 4 inches… raise the CG 4 inches.

Add 2 inch bigger tires… raise the CG 1 inch.

Add a 1000+ pound OHV to your 5000 pound truck 3 foot over the already high CG… increase the CG by 8 inches.

How about 2!!

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] 1639341953118

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Lift the truck 4 inches… raise the CG 4 inches.

Add 2 inch bigger tires… raise the CG 1 inch.

Add a 1000+ pound OHV to your 5000 pound truck 3 foot over the already high CG… increase the CG by 8 inches.

How about 2!!

1639341953118.jpeg
Still have room for one in the back!!!

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
even with debut 35's depending on what style you buy, ( hwy, all season, off road ) performance will be affected, so it's really meaningless.
It's not meaningless; that's the point. Less then 500 miles of range with AT tires will be a disappointment. Some maybe disappointed if it doesn't get 500 miles with even more aggressive tires.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Being that you can only buy 3 vehicles on the market right now that offer aggressive +35" tires I'd be fine with the CT getting 350-400 range on big aggressive tires. Its the only BEV that would even allow 35". Also, from my personal experience with Ford, I promise you that if you put 35" tires on the Lighting they'll act funny if you ever need some kind of warranty work.

Side note, the Hummer is a crappy vehicle and will have a very low production run so I don't even count it.

TruckDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor
Country flag
I would bet that the curved windshield reduces drag coefficient by 10% which would be significant over a million miles.

Adding strength is a big bonus. If the possibility of hail damage is incredibly low, I will probably drop full coverage quickly.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
It's not meaningless; that's the point. Less then 500 miles of range with AT tires will be a disappointment. Some maybe disappointed if it doesn't get 500 miles with even more aggressive tires.
then they can buy the tires they need. that's why it's meaningless. I'm planning on KO2's for my CT, range be darnned.

Last edited:

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Anyone else think this rear glass is too dark to be tint? Almost like its... solar cells.

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 10.02.02 AM.png
The glass roofs are typically tinted, However this seems to make a lot of sense to my non-engineer mind. A fixed solar roof option seems WAY less complicated and more effective than a roll-up solar tonneau cover.

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
It looks to me like the space where the sail pillar storage was going to be is gone due to the top being narrower.
For sure, that was gimmicky anyway. Hardly any useable space there.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
For sure, that was gimmicky anyway. Hardly any useable space there.
Theres about 140l of potential storage space under each of the sails. Theres no indication they have been removed. The best way I can think of making them more accessable is if they would act like a pop up cupboard. That way they would stay organised and the bottom volume is usefull. Its likely just going to have a flap though.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Theres about 140l of potential storage space under each of the sails. Theres no indication they have been removed. The best way I can think of making them more accessable is if they would act like a pop up cupboard. That way they would stay organised and the bottom volume is usefull. Its likely just going to have a flap though.
I hope so.

I think people underestimate how useful it would be to have a set of chest level cabinets installed on their vehicle. Goes a long way towards making up for the weird sides.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I hope not.

I think people underestimate how useful it would be to have a set of chest level cabinets installed on their vehicle. Goes a long way towards making up for the weird sides.
Yep exactly.

The more integrated storage to organise stuff the better.

I hope the frunk comes with a grill lift and opens up the space under the windscreen so we end up with 300-400l of frunk as well. Luggage in the front toys in the back. :)

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
then they can buy the tires they need. that's why it's meaningless. I'm planning on KO2's for my CT, range be darnned.
I'm partial to the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W tires I have on my ridgeline. Hopefully they have them big enough for the CT!

TruckDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor
Country flag
If adding solar panels makes any surface more vulnerable to hail damage, one hail storm in ANY 20 year period would NULLIFY all previous gains. The serviceable life of any solar panel is waning in year 17 with gains dropping and problems cropping up.

(ALL people who test them long-term will NOT warranty them beyond a certain period for a REASON.)

Prefer the bullet resistant surfaces.
Sponsored