Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag

Note the 4 to 6 rectangular holes in the bed. I don't recall seeing them on the Prod Beta version at Investor Day. Maybe attachment points for accessories or part of a railing system?

Tesla Cybertruck 🏁 Video: Cybertruck on Fremont Test Track! Also Featuring Gen 1 Roadster [4/1/23] 1680366737954

It appears that the underbody frame is painted white, which might explain why there are calls for paint technicians on the Cybertruck line:

Tesla Cybertruck 🏁 Video: Cybertruck on Fremont Test Track! Also Featuring Gen 1 Roadster [4/1/23] 1680368523266
Sponsored

Last edited:

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Around the 23 ...or maybe it was the 26 minute point the driver sticks his arm out to adjust the mirror. Does this mean no electronically controlled mirrors? Deal breaker. Cancel my order.

On another note, @Albern , I didn't see the underbody at all. How do you know it's painted white?

OP
OP
Albern

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
Around the 23 ...or maybe it was the 26 minute point the driver sticks his arm out to adjust the mirror. Does this mean no electronically controlled mirrors? Deal breaker. Cancel my order.

On another note, @Albern , I didn't see the underbody at all. How do you know it's painted white?
Yeah I noticed that too about the side mirrors. Either they're not functioning on this unit or Tesla is serious about having these be removable after delivery.

From the last photo with the driver's door open, look at the B-Pillar.

Last edited:

ninja6r

First Name
Ninja6r
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, nissan leaf
Occupation
pass
Country flag
That would be fantastic!

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Yeah I noticed that too about the side mirrors. Either they're not functioning on this unit or Tesla is serious about having these be removable after delivery.

From the last photo with the driver's door open, look at the B-Pillar.
I agree and believe they will not put cost into the mirrors they believe are not necessary and most will pull off.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
The reason for the paint-like position being offered, spray on solar coating. TM

All external surfaces will generate energy. Time crystals are involved.

Last edited:

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Hmm tbh I wasn't going to remove my side mirrors so I kinda want power mirrors. Not a deal breaker but kinda lame if no power mirrors. Also i wish the side mirrors were heated like in my past bmw.

Top glass looks like it might have a ceramic coating for heat rejection.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

Note the 4 to 6 rectangular holes in the bed. I don't recall seeing them on the Prod Beta version at Investor Day. Maybe attachment points for accessories or part of a railing system?

1680366737954.png

It appears that the underbody frame is painted white, which might explain why there are calls for paint technicians on the Cybertruck line:

1680368523266.png
The rear window that looks like solar panels is back. Does not seem to allow any view into the rear of the truck. Has the same reflective quality of solar panels.

Also, you can see in the beginning of the video some very tight turns. Likely 4WS in action.

Very clear even the Tesla employees (or perhaps guests?) on the lot are very fascinated by it

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
The reason for the paint-like position being offered, spray on solar coating. TM

All external surfaces with generate energy. Time crystals are involved.
A Tardis prototype?

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
F
Hmm tbh I wasn't going to remove my side mirrors so I kinda want power mirrors. Not a deal breaker but kinda lame if no power mirrors. Also i wish the side mirrors were heated like in my past bmw.

Top glass looks like it might have a ceramic coating for heat rejection.
Fwiw

They want you to remove them. I know that’s dumb. But what they designed was no mirrors. They’ll put little effort to keep the price down and get most to remove “cause it’s cool”

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
What is up with the detail on the silver "tracks" on either side of the top glass? Mounting point for accessories? Roof rack?
Sponsored