Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
The more people using a robotaxi system, the more efficient it could be. Remember, most people own older cars that just sit around more than 90% of the time.

-Crissa
Living in an apartment in a big city is more efficient too but most people don’t want that. So I suppose the end product of robo taxi would be socialized robo taxi service. Why would Ogre or Crissa or Michael own a car and lease it out as a taxi to recoup cost if the service became so great the we would just use someone else’s vehicle and eventually the cities or counties should just provide roaming vehicles as part of our social tax dollars. Or maybe it will just end up being the rich folks with fleets of robo taxis out there. Or maybe Uber will just quickly replace all the human drivers to stick it to them for wanting benefits.
The pioneers didn’t head west for convenience. They headed west for freedom. People want their own vehicle to do as they please when they please. A robo taxi simply is not as reliable and therefore will have a limited usefulness in my opinion.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Living in an apartment in a big city is more efficient too but most people don’t want that.
This statement is not true. The price of rent in big cities indicates far, far more people would wish to live there if they could afford to.

Rents are pretty much completely divorced from construction costs and taxes in urban areas.

-Crissa

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
well, I just bought 20 more shares of Tesla today @ $789.......when it goes back up, and it will, I will be all smiles... :giggle:
Sponsored