uff_da

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
That turning radius sure looked sweet. In that profile comparison, it looks like the tip of the triangle maybe a little further to the front? In the website photo, the peak is closer to the back of the door. The super res image from back forty appears to be closer to the middle of the door?
Sponsored

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
The proto CT had a bevelled front end (grill). Perhaps the illusion of a smaller front end is actually a curved front end to remove the bevelled panels.
It would be great if the grill, headlights and hood were the same assembly so the entry to the frunk is not too high.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
The truck looks basically the same, but maybe a bit better to my eyes. Triangle point a bit more forward, looks even more lambo-like. The tires looks staggered to me, could be an allusion, but it looks cool. Also like it without the stupid hubcaps.

Skennada

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes Benz
Country flag
First off, why is it that every time someone gets a good shot of the CT, it looks like they took it with an early-2000's Nokia??

Secondly, I don't see windshield wipers in any of the photos.

Third, it might be the angle of the photos, but to me it looks like the hood or "Frunk" cover is much shorter in these pictures versus the prototype model we have seen everywhere (see attached photo below for reference. Idk, maybe I'm crazy, maybe it's the angle, maybe it's Maybeline, maybe it's the crappy photo quality.

04_Desktop.jpg
...or 'maybe' it's a strategically placed company agent/employee that took a picture that is bad enough as to provide a vague or deliberate bad resolution, but good enough to get tongues wagging....who knows?!

Deleted member 5322

Looks like the slope of the windshield is much steeper. It is more vertically lifted than it was before. I kind of like this change because of it is so hard to see through windshield when it is more horizontal. Even Musk mentioned about it on on Jay leno's show. (2:33) Perhaps they fixed this issue

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
First off, why is it that every time someone gets a good shot of the CT, it looks like they took it with an early-2000's Nokia??

Secondly, I don't see windshield wipers in any of the photos.

Third, it might be the angle of the photos, but to me it looks like the hood or "Frunk" cover is much shorter in these pictures versus the prototype model we have seen everywhere (see attached photo below for reference. Idk, maybe I'm crazy, maybe it's the angle, maybe it's Maybeline, maybe it's the crappy photo quality.

04_Desktop.jpg
The front of the truck definitely looks "frunked up". So pissed.
And exactly what Elon said, "would NOT happen". Show something nice at the reveal and then come out with something lame in production.

Last edited:

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Even with the low resolution video it was exciting to see progress being made on the Cybertruck. You can clearly see it has side mirrors and RWS but I am questioning the windshield wipers that others see. Beta phase is coming soon!

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Maybe they trimmed the frunk to make room for the wipers...?
It does look like the front got shorter and I really don’t like it. I hope it’s just a visual thing. I saw the truck in person and I have always felt like proportionally they didn’t have much to play with on the CT so I hope it’s just poor image quality

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
I say be grateful for what we have. Likely this was a plain person and used what they had with the range that they were given while zooming in the best they could with the optics of the phone. What I am saying is this was not likely recorded and provided by some sort of professional video person with 50k dollars worth of gear on hand and at the exact right moment. A lot of bashing going on here. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
What this sighting tells us:

The Cybertruck won't start production anytime soon.

It is still early in the testing process.

PS The turning radius does look pretty reasonable for a "truck". That will be pretty cool.
we already knew it can't be produced soon for the simple fact that the gigapress hasn't arrived.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
MAYBE it is not too late for Tesla to do something similar to the Lightning? I don't know anyone that doesn't like the way the Ford Lightning frunk opens.
The Tesla nose is about the height of the Lightning frunk floor. I don't think it'll matter. Your Cybertruck will be able to kneel and let you reach in.

Other Teslas started delivery 6-9 months after betas were sighted.
Yep. Well, they were on the street, tho, not just being tested. This is more the 9-months point.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The Tesla nose is about the height of the Lightning frunk floor. I don't think it'll matter. Your Cybertruck will be able to kneel and let you reach in.
Not too worried about height, but I do prefer trunks where the door opens flush with the floor. It makes loading and unloading heavy things easier. It would be nice. I‘m not overly worried about it though, after all we have a giant vault in the back for heavy objects.
Sponsored