Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Country flag
So I don't know why something so simple ruins the look for me but I absolutely hate it with mirrors. And the snub nose makes the whole front pitch look super steep. *shrug* I've always been a guy who loved the look, but much less so if this is what is released.
Sponsored

Jstoltz54

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX450h, Model S
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
so you think the prototype should have everything that will be made to be installed before it is released? have you never seen a concept car? It’s an idea to be worked on through the manufacturing process that has much to do with government shit. Let’s just hope no one throws balls at our windows.
Maybe the AI is taking lessons?

frankenbeans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek, Cybertruck on order
Country flag
So I don't know why something so simple ruins the look for me but I absolutely hate it with mirrors. And the snub nose makes the whole front pitch look super steep. *shrug* I've always been a guy who loved the look, but much less so if this is what is released.
Well it's still a stainless steel tank from the future. No rusting, dinging or chipping paint. Has the vault, tailgate ramp, FSD, tons of power that can go anywhere. Stealthy and no gas ever. I really don't care what it looks like personally.

fastNfugly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTI
Country flag
Front may be trimmed down a bit but I think the headlight bar being off is exaggerating it.

Don_Juan

First Name
Dariel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Gov Inspector
Country flag
Looks like frunk is blackened.... Maybe solor panels

Deleted member 12457

Digital zoom for the loss! (Of useful resolution)

Likely the photographer was at the max range of zoom away from the truck and using their phone.
If someone is using a regular digital camera or decent quality with a proper zoom, the image should have been much better. Because it's still warm in California, the bad image could be because of heat wave distortion. If they used a phone camera, forget it, it was way too far away to get any image that could be used for anything real other than a shape that looked like a CT. That goes for the dark hood as well. This might be a test vehicle that includes things Tesla doesn't want to include but also something they might have to go through the motions in case they are required to add them.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Musk said you’ll be able to remove the mirrors.

I wouldn’t read too much into these super grainy images, it’s a weird perspective.

kraal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Country flag
The front now looks more "X"!!!
Now it is a bit short compared with the trunk, probably losing proportionality!!

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
Third, it might be the angle of the photos, but to me it looks like the hood or "Frunk" cover is much shorter in these pictures versus the prototype model we have seen everywhere (see attached photo below for reference. Idk, maybe I'm crazy, maybe it's the angle, maybe it's Maybeline, maybe it's the crappy photo quality.
It does look shorter, IMO.....although I can't find my glasses.

greghammond

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software Designer
Country flag
Woo Woo alert: conspiracy theory inbound:

What if this isn't actually a CT made by Tesla? What if it's just a really elaborate hoax put on by a very dedicated hobbyist?

Is Tesla known to test vehicle prototypes at this airport? Why so far from Fremont? They could certainly setup an indoor test facility anywhere, if desired.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
What this sighting tells us:

The Cybertruck won't start production anytime soon.

It is still early in the testing process.

PS The turning radius does look pretty reasonable for a "truck". That will be pretty cool.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Woo Woo alert: conspiracy theory inbound:

What if this isn't actually a CT made by Tesla? What if it's just a really elaborate hoax put on by a very dedicated hobbyist?

Is Tesla known to test vehicle prototypes at this airport? Why so far from Fremont? They could certainly setup an indoor test facility anywhere, if desired.
I think it’s legit, if for no other reason, the fact that Musk replied to a comment about it having mirrors.

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
Side profile looks exactly the same as the original to me. From the front (as others mentioned), it looks like the glass goes down a little further or there is a black space between the windshield and hood, that likely contains the wipers.
Sponsored

Last edited: