First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
What this sighting tells us:

The Cybertruck won't start production anytime soon.

It is still early in the testing process.

PS The turning radius does look pretty reasonable for a "truck". That will be pretty cool.
It’s pretty typical that beta vehicles appear 6 months before production.

More important, we have 1 beta truck, that’s 100% more beta trucks than we had yesterday. Definitely moving forward.
Sponsored

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
It looks they cut the nose!!! You can´t see the "flat" corner!
1634690020057.png
I got see the Ford Lightning in person (and ride in it) and the Frunk of the Lightning really is super useful because of its' design / wide opening / low lift over
Vs the Rivian Frunk, which while large, has a really high lift over compared to the Lightning.

MAYBE it is not too late for Tesla to do something similar to the Lightning? I don't know anyone that doesn't like the way the Ford Lightning frunk opens.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
It’s pretty typical that beta vehicles appear 6 months before production.

More important, we have 1 beta truck, that’s 100% more beta trucks than we had yesterday. Definitely moving forward.
True (we finally have a beta truck!). Beta vehicles can be a year before production starts....but who knows. Tesla has a lot on their plate completing GigaTexas and GigaBerlin, they need to finalize the engineering and design touches for the CT like the pesky side mirrors, they need to get over the hurdle of making 4680s at scale to put in the Cybertrucks, they need to get a line going in Texas, etc.

I wish they were building CTs now, but if they can roll a handful out by this time next year, I would think that is best case.

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
The front and rear tires are exactly the same size. The rears might look bigger due to an optical illusion.

Bathbunny

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla first-production Model 3 (LR, RWD, EAP+FSD), red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Cybertruck was out testing at the Merced County Castle Airport (about 2 hrs east of Fremont factory). You can see there's windshield wipers, side mirrors and the wheel aero covers have been removed. Do the rear tires look bigger than the fronts?

Cybertruck spotted with windshield wipers, side mirrors, wheel aero covers removed, staggered ...jpg
Cybertruck spotted with windshield wipers, side mirrors, wheel aero covers removed, staggered ...jpg

Tesla Cybertruck windshield, side mirrors, wheel aero covers removed 2 (1).jpg

And here's the video posted earlier today showing rear steering and turning radius.

I don't think the nose is shorter -- I suspect it's just an optical effect due to the dark reflections on the hood and mostly to the horizontal compression caused by the telephoto lens.
I am pretty sure that the wheels are all the same size, but the "cheetah" posture / rising main body crease of the CT combined (again) with the compression caused by the telephoto lens, increases the dark area surrounding the rear wheels and makes them seem bigger.

Not sure about wipers -- it could be another of these phantom reflections; but the CT won't be road-legal without some sort of windshield wiping/cleaning mechanism and the laser cleaning system that Tesla is attempting to patent is very unlikely to be ready for production by end of next year, so it would make sense.

Obviously, though, the rear view mirrors are real ;-) One presumes that Tesla has filed for
legalizing the use of cameras and in-cabin side displays to replace them, but it's unlikely
that such legalization would occur within a year.

Love the rear-wheel steering! It's a big deal for something that big, as it will make it as maneuverable as a much smaller pickup.

GNRgRocks!

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Cybertruck was out testing at the Merced County Castle Airport (about 2 hrs east of Fremont factory). You can see there's windshield wipers, side mirrors and the wheel aero covers have been removed. Do the rear tires look bigger than the fronts?

Tesla Cybertruck windshield, side mirrors, wheel aero covers removed 2 (1).jpg

From what I can see totally two different stances with suspension….illusion of two dif tire sizes. On highway lowered slight front ; through chain link fence appears raised?

And here's the video posted earlier today showing rear steering and turning radius.

Sasmania

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PY holding me over till TRI CT
Occupation
FlagstaffRentalCabin.com & TeslaRenter.com
Country flag
Jeez, I hope the nose isn't chopped off...because it looks really goofy compared to the original...but of course hard to draw any conclusions from these photos.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Obviously, though, the rear view mirrors are real ;-) One presumes that Tesla has filed for
legalizing the use of cameras and in-cabin side displays to replace them, but it's unlikely
that such legalization would occur within a year.
They’ve been pushing this for far more than a year.

but clearly not enough time.

ijoe13

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
First off, why is it that every time someone gets a good shot of the CT, it looks like they took it with an early-2000's Nokia??

Secondly, I don't see windshield wipers in any of the photos.

Third, it might be the angle of the photos, but to me it looks like the hood or "Frunk" cover is much shorter in these pictures versus the prototype model we have seen everywhere (see attached photo below for reference. Idk, maybe I'm crazy, maybe it's the angle, maybe it's Maybeline, maybe it's the crappy photo quality.

04_Desktop.jpg
The “maybe it’s Maybeline” line was HILARIOUS! Well done!

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
First off, why is it that every time someone gets a good shot of the CT, it looks like they took it with an early-2000's Nokia??

Secondly, I don't see windshield wipers in any of the photos.

Third, it might be the angle of the photos, but to me it looks like the hood or "Frunk" cover is much shorter in these pictures versus the prototype model we have seen everywhere (see attached photo below for reference. Idk, maybe I'm crazy, maybe it's the angle, maybe it's Maybeline, maybe it's the crappy photo quality.

04_Desktop.jpg
Maybe all of the above. Maybe the angle of the ‘photo’ vs the real thing. We should chill about the frunk because a beta CT has been sighted!

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
What this sighting tells us:

The Cybertruck won't start production anytime soon.

It is still early in the testing process.

PS The turning radius does look pretty reasonable for a "truck". That will be pretty cool.
Other Teslas started delivery 6-9 months after betas were sighted.

ijoe13

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
After waffling back and forth about the size, I think the final conclusion was that they were going to shorten the CT a few percent to make sure it fits in most garages. It looks like they took those extra inches out of the front of the vehicle -- which would make sense in order to keep a full size bed/vault.
Yeah, this seems to be the case. Didn’t Elon say they would reduce it by 3% all around? I also wonder if the shorter front will help give it a better approach angle when off roading?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I got see the Ford Lightning in person (and ride in it) and the Frunk of the Lightning really is super useful because of its' design / wide opening / low lift over
Vs the Rivian Frunk, which while large, has a really high lift over compared to the Lightning.

MAYBE it is not too late for Tesla to do something similar to the Lightning? I don't know anyone that doesn't like the way the Ford Lightning frunk opens.
Yup, too late. Better bail and buy a Ford.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
A few years ago, a reporter took a picture from across the street of a politician holding a report with a clear cover.

probably use 10 megapixel plus. Zoom, no enhance, could read the text on the cover page.

So, those who make sightings, step up your camera game.

The snub nose is less attractive to me, also what appears as a curvature in the front glass takes more away of my opinion. I will reserve final opinion when I have the truck in front of me.

since my main focus is cabin out, only an extreme change would lead me to reevaluate the truck.
Sponsored