Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
It would seem that the mirrors could be replaced with relatively flush cameras when legal. M3, too. Kinda streamlined tag warts. Mirrors are something my niece is good at removing while underway!
They already have the sideview cameras on the wheel wells so there probably won't be a need for more. The question for me is whether they will have Honda-like sideview monitors inside the cabin, and I hope they will because looking at the middle screen to see what is out the sides is not going to work well for me.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The angular design is, to some at least, aesthetically pleasing. If not at first given some time it grows more appealing.
Ultimately… I don’ t *Love* the look of many cars. Whatever artistic appreciation most people have for most modern cars is lost on me. There are a few exceptions, mostly classic cars from the 50s with lots of curves.

What I do appreciate is how the shape and design affects the way it works. This is probably why I own a Subaru and a Model Y.

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It looks like the front has a goofy looking smile / pug nose... umm no thanks

egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Going through all the comments about the look possibly changing some.. I just want to ask.. Based on the initial look of the Cybertruck.. does anyone actually think Tesla cares about whether or not people like the way it looks?
Probably about as much as I care what other people think of my favorite choice in trucks. ;)

Folken

First Name
Milton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissans
Country flag
First off, why is it that every time someone gets a good shot of the CT, it looks like they took it with an early-2000's Nokia??

Secondly, I don't see windshield wipers in any of the photos.

Third, it might be the angle of the photos, but to me it looks like the hood or "Frunk" cover is much shorter in these pictures versus the prototype model we have seen everywhere (see attached photo below for reference. Idk, maybe I'm crazy, maybe it's the angle, maybe it's Maybeline, maybe it's the crappy photo quality.

04_Desktop.jpg
The wheels looked awful as well.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think this is roughly what some people are seeing in that blur-fest which bugs them.

Forgive terrible quick-and-dirty photo edit. In my haste I likely over-exaggerated the effect.
Tesla Cybertruck 📸 Cybertruck spotted with windshield wipers, side mirrors, wheel aero covers removed, staggered wheels/tires! 1634859818891

EDIT: In case it’s not obvious, this image is derived from the image a couple posts up.

Tesla Cybertruck Debut Petersen Museum Los Angeles.jpeg

I’m kind of ok with the tadpole look myself, perhaps not the butchered edited version here, but the general concept of moving the peak forward. I am a bit concerned about loss of vault space if this is what ends up happening.

Last edited:

Folken

First Name
Milton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissans
Country flag
It seems like the bottom of the windshield is now at the same level as the bottom of the side windows. That alone would make the front end feel stubbier. It is possible that they did shorten the front a little. Here's a quick mockup of a larger windshield, shorter front end, and mirrors. I've also attached the original image for reference. If we can get prototype and beta version at the same angle, I'll work up the dimensional differences.

Cybertruck final design mockup copy.jpg
Great job dude, maybe they did it to compensate for the friction that the mirrors will generate.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I think this is roughly what some people are seeing in that blur-fest which bugs them.

Forgive terrible quick-and-dirty photo edit. In my haste I likely over-exaggerated the effect.
1634859818891.png

I’m kind of ok with the tadpole look myself, perhaps not the butchered edited version here, but the general concept of moving the peak forward. I am a bit concerned about loss of vault space if this is what ends up happening.
That looks fantastic! Hated it day 1 , love it ever after. And that's how you know it's true love.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
I don't care what it looks like. But if these shopped images turn out to be something close to reality, I would have concerns about the rear headroom and even more concern about that front dash.

If they moved the cab forward and also moved the apex point of the truck forward without changing the apex height of the truck, this would lower the headspace in the back seat.

Additionally, if they moved the windshield forward, I feel like that kitchen table of a dash would now be suitable for a ping pong table.

I don't mind the change of appearance from the outside, but I do worry about what this might have done to the inside. I'm sure Tesla wouldn't produce a truck like this that didn't fit people in the back comfortably. But I'm not so sure about the dash concerns.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
The other thing to consider with the discussed front end dimensions is simply the lack of depth you get in the images we have. The front end does look stubbier, but it may not be shorter. Take a look at this mockup I just worked up. I didn't change the body shape at all. All I did was bring the windshield down to the same level as the side windows. At this angle, the front end looks stubby, but there has been no change to that. So, we may not be losing any frunk space. Impossible to know for sure until we get better images.

Sorry for the watermarks. I don't like when people take my work, modify it poorly, and pass it off as their own. . .

Cybertruck final design mockup alt copy.jpg
IMG_3583-e1600807858660.jpeg
As a designer.. the original windshield line not aligning with the site windows would trigger me hardcore. In all likelyhood that could be the whole reason this was modified.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
The other thing to consider with the discussed front end dimensions is simply the lack of depth you get in the images we have. The front end does look stubbier, but it may not be shorter. Take a look at this mockup I just worked up. I didn't change the body shape at all. All I did was bring the windshield down to the same level as the side windows. At this angle, the front end looks stubby, but there has been no change to that. So, we may not be losing any frunk space. Impossible to know for sure until we get better images.

Sorry for the watermarks. I don't like when people take my work, modify it poorly, and pass it off as their own. . .

Cybertruck final design mockup alt copy.jpg
IMG_3583-e1600807858660.jpeg
This also illustrates the dash concerns I have. The image below is the current dash. I don't know how much more dash I can stand, but in your mock up it's substantially bigger then what is below. And what's below already has to be the biggest dash by far in a truck.

Tesla Cybertruck 📸 Cybertruck spotted with windshield wipers, side mirrors, wheel aero covers removed, staggered wheels/tires! 1634918183922

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
If they moved the cab forward and also moved the apex point of the truck forward without changing the apex height of the truck, this would lower the headspace in the back seat.
I'm pretty sure that since Tesla operates its own crash test facility they'll give us ample room. Elon is a stickler for exceeding the ratings.

-Crissa