ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I think this will confirm once and for all that the lines in the truck bed are not T-tracks but rather raised up plastic runners to help with sliding items into/out of the bed
Those who took test rides at the Reveal Event mentioned they saw T-Slots:

Tesla Cybertruck ? Cybertruck Spotted at Giga Texas Plant! + Interior Look with Yoke Steering Wheel and Performance Pedals! 1618596039115

Could be that there are optional hard rubber plastic inserts that could be placed in T-Slots when they're not frequently in use - to keep crud, rocks, and dirt from getting into them. Maybe someone who was at the Reveal Event could chime in and let us know what they saw. An article on Teslarati does reference T-Slots (but they might not have the best information either).

Or, as some have suggested, maybe there was a change in the prototype since this photo was taken at the reveal. In any case it will be nice to see the Second Reveal whenever it happens, to confirm this and see what other changes they are making.
Sponsored

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
This looks exactly like the same prototype he drove around with jay Leno, not the latest prototype.

I gotta say, it looks dang good with some mud on the tires and seems right at home on the construction site.
Well the truck bed looks different (less pieces) than the rollout prototype. Just because it still has handles doesn't make it the *same* prototype.

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Well the truck bed looks different (less pieces) than the rollout prototype. Just because it still has handles doesn't make it the *same* prototype.
its not the one from reveal night. I think its the same he drove with Jay leno, reason i say that is the reveal night prototype had a marble dash, the jay leno one had an all white dash, like this one. Now it's possible they swapped dashboards, but why would you?

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Those who took test rides at the Reveal Event mentioned they saw T-Slots:

1618596039115.png

Could be that there are optional hard rubber plastic inserts that could be placed in T-Slots when they're not frequently in use - to keep crud, rocks, and dirt from getting into them. Maybe someone who was at the Reveal Event could chime in and let us know what they saw. An article on Teslarati does reference T-Slots (but they might not have the best information either).

Or, as some have suggested, maybe there was a change in the prototype since this photo was taken at the reveal. In any case it will be nice to see the Second Reveal whenever it happens, to confirm this and see what other changes they are making.
If there were T-slots, then I'm guessing they are there JUST for the purpose of holding the plastic strips in place. The reason is this:

in order for a T-slot to be usable (with a T-nut),is that you need to be able to slide the nut in from the end of the track. And you can clearly see that that those do not extend to the end. There are other issues here:

1)suspected slots don't go all the way to the end
2) they also extend to the hinged lid for the "sub compartment". You wouldn't want to secure anything there unless you have a REALLY good latch
3) They are also on all sections of the telescoping tailgate ramp. This makes no sense unless they are just for the plastic (teflon?) strips.

BoomTrooper

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche (current) , Cybertruck x 2 (preordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Dammit Randy!

Just kidding! I was really hoping you were able to get a shot of the CT from the air! That was the first thought in my head when I saw this on Twitter. The timing was about right for when you usually go flying.
I had no idea at the time I put them drone in the air, otherwise I would have tried to do a quick search for it and that would have been worth the effort despite the downpour. Well hopefully we get to see of it around the site and it can't wait to see multiple prototypes at the site. I'm definitely curious as to where they are planning on putting the test track as well.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I had no idea at the time I put them drone in the air, otherwise I would have tried to do a quick search for it and that would have been worth the effort despite the downpour. Well hopefully we get to see of it around the site and it can't wait to see multiple prototypes at the site. I'm definitely curious as to where they are planning on putting the test track as well.
Non-drone user just don't realize how difficult it is to see details on the screen when your 100ft+ in the air (I use my phone screen). Maybe it's better with FPV goggles, which of course are illegal to operate that way (must keep your eyes on the drone)).

But many times I have have reviewed footage and seen things (deer, etc) that I had no idea I was flying over at the time.

CybertruckCovers

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cybertruckcovers.com
Vehicles
Foundation Series CyberBeast (Order Confirmed)
Occupation
Cybertruck Parts & Accessories Development
Country flag

AeroKnot

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Landcruiser
Country flag
Cybertruck Interior - Yoke Steering Wheel Performance Pedals.jpeg

Great shots contributors! So great to see dirt on it.
Has there been any talk of cockpit behind the wheel display ala Model S to show info like mbe Wheel Torque or speed ? (The side looking screen is what kept me from buying a Model 3). Or a few physical controls like E-Mustang's screen? From off roading in my old Landcruiser, it would be very challenging to turn on wipers or heater or adjust clearance while bouncing up a gully on a touch screen. And agreed the dash in " white paper" or light marble not only doesn't match with an off-road truck, but would make it very hard to see that ravine drop off ahead through the dash reflections.
Still charged up to see Elon personally involved in the CT program.

israndy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Mitsubishi I-Miev, 2x 2007 Vectrix VX-1, 2000 Honda Insight, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired from IT
Country flag
it would be very challenging to turn on wipers or heater or adjust clearance while bouncing up a gully on a touch screen.
Just hold the right thumbwheel and say "turn on wipers" or "my butt is cold"
And agreed the dash in "white paper" [...] would make it very hard to see that ravine drop off ahead through the dash reflections.
The SHALLOW angle of the windshield means the reflection is just that dark grey near the front of the dash. The white would not be in the reflection in front of you, probably would be above you.

jhciv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid Cybertruck; First Production Model 3
Country flag
I wonder if we will see a wireless phone charging dock in the CT, and if so, where would it go?
Looks like the slot in front of the three cupholders in the back of the jumpseat could be a wireless charging pad.

Also, it looks like the HVAC vent/strip is sealed off. #prototype

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
The Austin area had some nasty hail yesterday. Does anyone know if the CT was involved in any unscheduled natural impact tests during its visit?

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I think this will confirm once and for all that the lines in the truck bed are not T-tracks but rather raised up plastic runners to help with sliding items into/out of the bed
Sadly, you appear to be right. I thought t-tracks would be great though perhaps hard to keep clean.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
The Austin area had some nasty hail yesterday. Does anyone know if the CT was involved in any unscheduled natural impact tests during its visit?
Being hail resistant is one of the good reasons need Cybertruck.

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 and 2022 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Retired Computer Programmer, USAF
Country flag
Sadly, you appear to be right. I thought t-tracks would be great though perhaps hard to keep clean.
This is still a prototype, so doesn’t confirm anything.
Sponsored