mattcatt

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-3, Mini Cooper
Country flag
Gotta keep saving those duckets~ this is so happening, I'm excited for delivery date announcements!
Sponsored

TipToeTom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Genesis /Cybertruck
Occupation
Government Stooge
Country flag
Updated with video:

It's been too long since we last saw you! :eek: And you look better than ever wearing with some dirt and mud. :love:

Elon Musk was visiting Giga Austin Texas today and showed up in this!

Thank you to Jamie S. for sending in some of the photos.

Tesla Cybertruck spotted at Giga Texas Plant.jpg

Also, have a look at the interior with Yoke Steering Wheel and Performance Pedals!

Cybertruck Interior - Yoke Steering Wheel Performance Pedals.jpeg

And more!

Tesla Cybertruck spotted at Giga Texas Plant Elon Musk driven 2.jpg
Tesla Cybertruck spotted at Giga Texas Plant Elon Musk driven 1.jpg
Tesla Cybertruck spotted at Giga Texas Plant Elon Musk driven 4.jpg
Tesla Cybertruck spotted at Giga Texas Plant Elon Musk driven 3.jpg

EzEB_KMVkAElmuH.jpeg

EzEB_KJVcAIEbmG.jpeg

Tesla Cybertruck spotted at Giga Texas Plant Elon Musk.jpg

Elon Musk at Austin Giga Texas Factory.jpg

mrwqqm-url-https-3a-2f-2fi-imgur-com-2fvl5rdw1-jpg.jpg

1618576585721-png.png

1618576176796-png.png

5191196_3582898251813515_6052121231692197627_n-jpg.jpg
Love it.

For the record I'm ok with door handles, mirrors and a wheel....

That said, why isn't on my driveway already.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Looks like the prototype is carpeted. I could certainly see getting at least rubber mats into my CT. Can't imagine the carpet staying clean for very long. Maybe even replacing the carpet with something easier to clean and maintain.

CybertruckCovers

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cybertruckcovers.com
Vehicles
Foundation Series CyberBeast (Order Confirmed)
Occupation
Cybertruck Parts & Accessories Development
Country flag
Looks like the prototype is carpeted. I could certainly see getting at least rubber mats into my CT. Can't imagine the carpet staying clean for very long. Maybe even replacing the carpet with something easier to clean and maintain.
I'm sure Weathertech will be all over this with their rubber floor mat inserts in no time after the finalized Cybertruck is revealed. I've had these in my Hummer H3 for over a decade, and my light-colored carpet beneath still looks brand new.

SpaceDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Kia Sportage PHEV... 2025+ GMC Denali EV
Occupation
Space Cowboy
Country flag
Anyone else notice the huge ground clearance when compared to the Chevy? Love it.
well the Chevy is further away so hard to compare, but yeah, the CT has great clearance!

SpaceDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Kia Sportage PHEV... 2025+ GMC Denali EV
Occupation
Space Cowboy
Country flag
Love all the leg room. if you had a bench seat, the middle person would be just fine. Or maybe your SO could slide up and sit next to you while riding down the road. Old school. ?

Kaz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
I really can’t wait for this. I have a Gen 2 Raptor and I was debating getting a Gen 3 or even a Raptor R and then these pics released and I am right back in love with the CT. I will hold on to my Gen 2 until I replace it with a CT

ScoobyDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck/ F150
Country flag
If there were T-slots, then I'm guessing they are there JUST for the purpose of holding the plastic strips in place. The reason is this:

in order for a T-slot to be usable (with a T-nut),is that you need to be able to slide the nut in from the end of the track. And you can clearly see that that those do not extend to the end. There are other issues here:

1)suspected slots don't go all the way to the end
2) they also extend to the hinged lid for the "sub compartment". You wouldn't want to secure anything there unless you have a REALLY good latch
3) They are also on all sections of the telescoping tailgate ramp. This makes no sense unless they are just for the plastic (teflon?) strips.
Drop in T slots are a thing as well. They are not as beefy as full size T slots but are definitely a common T slot fastener. They are thinner, so you slip them in the slot parallel with the groove, then turn them sideways and they can't be removed. You wouldn't need the slots to extend to the end in that case.
I truly hope they do have T-slots in the bed, absolutely love the modularity that brings to the bed.

Elon did joke with both Jay Leno and Joe rogan about being "able to mount a missile launcher or something in the bed". I realize that doesn't automatically mean T slot, but I've got my fingers crossed. That was a huge selling point for me.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Do t-slot straps have the same kind of load handling as e-slot straps? My current truck has E-slots and it's perfectly functional, so I'm wondering if anyone has experience with one vs the other.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Do t-slot straps have the same kind of load handling as e-slot straps? My current truck has E-slots and it's perfectly functional, so I'm wondering if anyone has experience with one vs the other.
I don't think I have ever seen t-slot used on a bed or deck for vehicle. They are common for roof racks but usually e track on the deck l rail or something similar is on the bed rails. CT has a tie down rail on each bed rail and deck tie downs on each corner... I just don't think those lines are t slots. It doesn't make sense that they would be.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The strength would depend upon the material of the T-slot, wouldn't it?

Like, the aluminum slots I currently have would be much weaker than say, steel ones.

-Crissa

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
I don't think I have ever seen t-slot used on a bed or deck for vehicle. They are common for roof racks but usually e track on the deck l rail or something similar is on the bed rails. CT has a tie down rail on each bed rail and deck tie downs on each corner... I just don't think those lines are t slots. It doesn't make sense that they would be.
I don't think those lines are T slots either. However T slots have been used on the floor of the bed of pickups for 17 years, at least. The Nissan Titan had them as part of the popular utility option, starting in 2004.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I don't think those lines are T slots either. However T slots have been used on the floor of the bed of pickups for 17 years, at least. The Nissan Titan had them as part of the popular utility option, starting in 2004.
Pictures please. I don't know much about Nissan titan and my internet search hasn't shown any t slots.... it just shows a util track option.... which looks a lot like what is shown on CT bed rail.

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
Pictures please. I don't know much about Nissan titan and my internet search hasn't shown any t slots.... it just shows a util track option.... which looks a lot like what is shown on CT bed rail.
Utilitrack is what I'm referring to. Here's a picture looking toward the side of the bed showing the t-slot utilitrack rails on the bed side and the floor of the bed.

Tesla Cybertruck ? Cybertruck Spotted at Giga Texas Plant! + Interior Look with Yoke Steering Wheel and Performance Pedals! 8py1pjhs83921

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
I'm sure Weathertech will be all over this with their rubber floor mat inserts in no time after the finalized Cybertruck is revealed. I've had these in my Hummer H3 for over a decade, and my light-colored carpet beneath still looks brand new.
I'm really hoping for a factory delete on carpet floors. Give me vinyl or just steel I can spray rhinoliner on or something.
Sponsored