Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Modern day bait and switch. It doesn’t look good for Tesla to take a price range that many can afford, put them on hold for 2 years, to a bigger and better truck that will cost way way more…… so for all the fans that thought they were getting the best in the world, just found out it’s second best, and only a few can afford it.
“Switch” implies they’ve removed some option from the table which isn’t really clear from the current news.

Lots of people assume they have, but it’s a giant pile of assumptions right now.
Sponsored

Dave Lyon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
Occupation
entrepreneur
Country flag
Oh, it will be under $100,000 but on the other hopes, no point in dreaming when they're not going to happen. Just hurry up and cancel your order.
If I cancel my order, it will be so I can by the Semi.
Not that it would help you any. I didn't order mine until June of this year.

TruckDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor
Country flag
Will 4 motors allow for a bit more ground clearance through the middle?

It always cracks me up when I pull up behind a truck with a 3 ft. lift kit and both front and rear differentials are still 9 or 10 inches off the ground with no way to change that.

JollyRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, Mini-Cooper S Cab
Country flag
You’re gonna have to give some context to where you got those numbers in order for me to debate. I’m running numbers based on other Tesla vehicles announcements and actual release cost, percentage of increases, software development, and a number of other variables. It’s a low ball guestimation but that’s my opinion.
Algebra on the numbers. 40k, 50k and 70k. 250, 300 and 500 miles. 1, 2 and 3 motor. Assuming costs and price are somewhat linear. Tesla can of course charge some random number. I suppose anyone can make a guess or have an opinion. I just did the math.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
“Switch” implies they’ve removed some option from the table which isn’t really clear from the current news.

Lots of people assume they have, but it’s a giant pile of assumptions right now.
In my experience, only miserable people are able to take a small bit of good news and use that to leverage a bunch of irrational negative assumptions, not evidenced by the facts, in order to interpret it in an overwhelmingly negative manner.

Only miserable people do that. There is nothing rational about it.

What's really telling is this: When asked what they are basing the price rise on they say, "It's obvious the price has to go up because all the materials they need to make the truck have gone up in price". Oh, OK, then why are you treating Tesla as if they have done something bad here when only YOU have imagined the price went up and your only evidence is that the price HAS to go up due to rising material costs.

It's so whacky it boggles the mind.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
In my experience, only miserable people are able to take a small bit of good news and use that to leverage a bunch of irrational negative assumptions, not evidenced by the facts, in order to interpret it in an overwhelmingly negative manner.

Only miserable people do that. There is nothing rational about it.

What's really telling is this: When asked what they are basing the price rise on they say, "It's obvious the price has to go up because all the materials they need to make the truck have gone up in price". Oh, OK, then why are you treating Tesla as if they have done something bad here when only YOU have imagined the price went up and your only evidence is that the price HAS to go up due to rising material costs.

It's so whacky it boggles the mind.
The big thing which boggles my mind is this idea that **Tesla** will be increasing prices by 40%. It’s inevitable. Over and over “It’s inevitable” that a 40% price bump is out there.

Ford? Nah…

Rivian? Nah

GM? They’re good.

Tesla…? 40% price increase INEVITABLE.

WTF?

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Mercedes-EQ might be interesting but it definitely NOT a pickup truck.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Today, some words from Elon regarding Cybertruck. Incredible. Going to be AWESOME!

Watch Live: Elon Musk on U.S. Innovation
Watch Tesla CEO Elon Musk in an interview with WSJ’s Joanna Stern at the CEO Council Summit.
2021 Dec 6
5. Cybertruck update
My heart leapt when he made those comments. I think he said he thought it was going to Tesla's best product ever (or something close to that).
Sponsored