firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Yes but there is a limit to how long they can delay/revise. Otherwise its vaporware that will perpetually be delayed and revised every time an oem just throws random specs out into the atmosphere.

I am all for 500 mi range dual motor.. and only a dual or quad motor option. I would love a quad motor but reality is I will probably never remotely come close to affording it. Unless they somehow rejig their pricing to stay close to the original pricing while incorporating all these new improved changes.
Maybe Cybertruck dual motor with rear steer stays close to original 2019 $50K price by using 300-350 mile LFP structural battery.
Sponsored

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
115K , bidding starts
Its got to be similarly priced to other quad motor ev trucks with crab walk, and crab walk might be available on dual motor variant as well.

Looking at Hummer EV.. they have 2 and 3 motor variants. Both variants have 4-wheel steer. their base package for 3 motor is 100k. Their dual motor with 4-wheel steer is 90k, cheaper without.

Rivian has quad motor only at a base price of $73k with tank turn.

Tesla needs to come in somewhere around 73-100k to match the other two competitors out there.

So we could potentially see the pricing stay the same for the two existing variants, dropping the cheapest pricing off the map, and go up to 90-100k for the quad motor.. or we could even potentially see the pricing either stay the same with new variants falling into place.. or only a slight increase across the board with the variants falling into place, which would actually mean a reduction in cost if you wanted a dual or tri motor cause now you are getting the pricing for the model below what you reserved, or slightly lower than your variant original pricing.

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Developer, Vlogger
Country flag
I think the main reason is that he doesn't want anyone to be able to claim better specs. He wants the CT to be the most powerful and capable truck on the market.

For me, the most important thing is having great range and AWD. Extra power and speed are a novelty to me.

The biggest feature Tesla forgot about was that actually SHIPPING an EV Truck before the competition was supposed to be the real game changer.

Every day they lose working on what should've been their second or third model year gives every other company time to catch up.

OP
OP
Albern

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
According to @SawyerMerritt, Cybertruck will initially have Quad and Dual motor. No word on whether single or tri-motor will be available after.

I wonder if the Quad-Motor will become Plaid+.

Lekrow

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid CyberTruck
Country flag
I am concerned about how FSD price lock-ins will be affected by changing configuration from Tri to Quad-motor configs.
My speculation on pricing without FSD is:
Dual-Motor: 65k (300+ miles)
Tri-motor : 80k (500+ miles)
Quad-Motor: 90k (600+ miles)

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Short of a leak from inside Tesla, none of us has any idea what the prices will be. Not worth the worry energy to speculate.

On the other hand, this news from Elon (straight from the top) is amazing. I’m getting all giddy with the possibilities.

KelleyTexas

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
I squealed when I saw the tweets causing concern around me. Don’t worry folks everything is fine just Cybertruck news Carry on!

Need that earnings call to take place and specs updated on the site dear Elon - along with price and the adult quad. Let’s go!

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I think the Single Motor model will be delayed until 2026 or dropped altogether.

No other Tesla to date uses four independent electric motors for propulsion. I don’t see it happening but you never know with Tesla.
If and when Tesla can't snap-sell every unit they make (because the remaining potential buyers are switching to the cheaper competition), along will come lower-cost CTs. (Could be downsized and fitted with a simpler suspension, single motor, smaller battery, traditional panel metals, ....) Well, we'll see.

Yes, but no other Tesla is a truck.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
The $69,990 Tri Motor just turned into a guesstimated $84,990 Quad Motor.

Elon wants the Cybertruck to THE BEST pickup truck on the market. Tesla will have to scale up electric motor production!!!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yeah… I don’t see this as great news. The tri motor was already more truck than I cared to buy. Seems like we might have to choose whether to spend a bunch more to get the quad or have ship date moved back. Eh. That stings a bit.

KelleyTexas

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
It's a bit disappointing that due to their own shortfalls Tesla is looking for a way out of their pricing commitment by screwing over their most die hard early tri-motor cyber truck fans/reservation holders.
You can’t be disappointed if you consider they decided to build the factory that builds the truck.

That isn’t a shortfall that’s a monumental achievement. Also no one expected what we saw two years ago was going to be it. I don’t know any early reserver (in person) whose disappointed by expectations they never had.
Sponsored