intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
My personal sweet spot is that the quad will be the off-road baddie with a 35" wheel package and 500 mile range for $89k. That way if you keep your previous FSD choice the price goes to the magical $99k total.

The Tri motor will be a 650+ mile LR road tripper/hauler on road tires for $79k.
I would love that. But I think even the 500 mile range will be $79,000. Or more. Look at what has happened with pricing on the other models. UP. Quite a bit.

I don't think 650 miles of range is technologically possible yet, but I would pay $89,000. That would be just slightly more than the 400 mile Rivian.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Btw, dropping the single motor seems to be dropping the lowest price target from availability they were marketing the cyber truck as. So that also contradicts everyone's certainty that prices wouldn't rise.
Not really.

It just means it's not available yet.

I'm disappointed, honestly, I need a truck an no one makes anything between local and crazy. I need just a bit more than the local piddlers will do, but I don't have alot of budget flexibility.

-Crissa

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Gentlemen,

CT4 is Mercedes-Mayback class. Forget Cybertruck launch party promises. CT4 is the “bad ass” BEV. CT4 base will be $99k. CT4’s will be made costing $420k+. Those will embarrass a Baja Trophy Truck AND take your gf to the yacht club for dinner.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
I would love that. But I think even the 500 mile range will be $79,000. Or more. Look at what has happened with pricing on the other models. UP. Quite a bit.

I don't think 650 miles of range is technologically possible yet, but I would pay $89,000. That would be just slightly more than the 400 mile Rivian.
I wouldn't be surprised if 650 is actually possible. Perhaps the 4th motor might even add in a bit more energy recovery for regenerative breaking. Add it a sprinkle or two of a few more chemistry tweaks via discovery or recent battery tech acquisitions over the past year since the 4860 was originally announced and I could see 650 being technically possible.

Last edited:

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Until prices/ timelines come out we’re still more or less in the dark.

Don’t get too frustrated just yet.

Wish this had come out when TSLA was kicking ass instead of today… then I’d be more optimistic about this all.
yea, just look at what happened to the Tesla stock price today with this imaginary fantasy of going to be the best from the start.....well the start aint here yet for the CT and doesn't look to be here in the near future....only good thing is that Giga Texas looks like they are about to pop out the chicken and start Y production this month.....

sorry if I am sounding like I am ranting, but I am generally not happy with all the evasive and sometimes non-existent communications and the inability to have somewhere to go ask get answers.....this is not just about the CT but any model .......I have a 2019 Model 3 and 2020 Model S and play hell getting any answers to any of my questions..SC are not able to answer and numbers they give me dont work or never get answered...I am fast becoming diselusioned.....I am not getting any younger and would have like to drive the truck for a couple of years before going to sleep

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You have always had the chance to get a refund on your reservation. “Interest”? LOL

Delays cost Tesla millions and delay billions in revenue and they cost us nothing aside from a bit of frustration.
true, but building can always be changed by in-line changes like every other car they make.....

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Tesla Battery day was Sept. 22, 2020, just over a year ago, not 2.
The night of the Cybertruck reveal, was 2 years ago on Nov. 21, 2019. Maybe that was the cause of the confusion.
Yep, my bad on that. Going to edit my response to reflect it.

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I think it's smarter to wait to see what the competition has then one up them in everything you can possible do, especially if you have a product that has high demand before it's even built. CT4 that's basically a rivian and hummer love child. Competition is great news for us, but not our wallets. Excited for earnings call ?

Robesaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Dodge Ram
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I’ll bet they just develop a dual motor and a quad motor. The tri motor seems superfluous. Maybe they will have a dual motor 500 mile variant.
I agree. Drop all but dual and quad motor. Too many variants that would delay launch, if they ever came to fruition.
That said, I’m betting this will get Tesla out of perceived pricing which I’m sure they want to increase.
Priority should be on max range: we’ve seen the range drops when towing with others, and if this is to be a real, viable truck, it must have a workable towing range.

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Anyone's guess what the 0-60 goes down to? 2.5 maybe?...which 2.9 is already ridiculous

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
true, but building can always be changed by in-line changes like every other car they make.....
Why would they bump the Cybertruck for something else?

They have over a million orders for the Cybertruck. Are they going to bump it in favor of the Roadster which might have ~50k orders?

The Quad Plaid Cybertruck is likely to outsell the Roadster 5x by itself.

KrodEKid

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota corolla, Mazda 5
Country flag
I'm actually disappointed with these recent comments. "More" is a four letter word. I was attracted to CT for it's no frills functionality initially. These types of comments have me looking sidelong to the new Maverick which offers great value.
Sponsored