First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
Exactly! That's my hope/wish, as well.
Plus, think what the software engineers could do with a truck having 4 independent motors controlling a single wheel each. The software updates on the cars have unlocked some wild stuff, but it's going to get crazy on a CT4!
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Let's all agree not to call it CT 4. It just doesn't flow. We can't call it the CyberQuad since that already exists. Can't call it cyber Quattro stupid Germans already took it.
I think cyber squared or CTx2.
So then there be the 2 motor CT2 and the CTx2 which implies 4 motor one is twice as many motors.
CT2²

JollyRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, Mini-Cooper S Cab
Country flag
My opinion that with the levels of how much the other options cost… adding an additional motor would maybe bring it to 79.9k or 85k
Or just do the math and arrive at $6666 for one motor and $3333 for 50 miles of range.
39900 + 6666 + 3333 = 49900
39900 + 2x6666 + 5x3333 = 69900

Adding $6666 to the C3 70k is probably not correct, given what we don't know.

Dirt Worker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair Corsa, Mini Cooper, T880 Kenworth, CT
Occupation
Excavation Company
Country flag
If the quad motor version has an increased tow rating sign me up. It will still be less expensive than a comparable full sized Diesel ranging from 80 to 105k. I am eager know the specifications. A little bummed that I may loose my place in the three motor category but hey, luck of the draw.

Dirt Worker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair Corsa, Mini Cooper, T880 Kenworth, CT
Occupation
Excavation Company
Country flag
I’ll bet they just develop a dual motor and a quad motor. The tri motor seems superfluous. Maybe they will have a dual motor 500 mile variant.
What is Super floss and where can I get some!? Agreed, No real need for the tri motor. Streamlining production would get them out the door quicker and that seems to be their goal.

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
It keep getting better for the CT. It has all the gimmicky other trucks are having and more, I like that. I mean tank turns is cool (unnecessary) but by using it you will suffer suspension components and I don't want to be broken down in the middle of nowhere. Unless it is my last resource. I think by being almost last to production has it advantages. I will paid for it. I am thinking 10k is the most with newly features mention by Elon. 20" ground clearance for crawling will be the ultimate truck for me. I would give my government incentive check to Tesla to trade for these features. Worth every penny for me.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Steer by wire will make the components and fitting all the much cheaper and simpler and quicker.

Given the new age manufacturing at Austin, perhaps the extra motor and 4W steering will not cost any extra.

Let's also consider batteries are getting cheaper.

Its like today phones have radios and a million other things, and yet.. its all for $100.

We get a hamburger with the lot and let the competition chase our tail.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Maybe Elon just sold all those share because he told the board "I want these features" and they said "No Elon" and he said "I don't care that it costs more, I will pay for it myself because it's what I want" and thus he is subsidizing the costs himself. Thanks Elon! Just saying. ??

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I would very much like if they followed the current product lines.
It's a triangle: Price, Range, Performance. You don't really get to pick two, since Tesla isn't going to give up safety and cut corners. And Performance isn't, without the bigger battery. So it's almost pick-two.

This is not 'tanking'.

Anyhow, I think it was more like 'well, we put steering on the rear drive train, why not just put that up front, too?' Remember, Tesla is all about using things in more than one place if they can get away with it.

-Crissa

PS, there are at most, a few thousand Roadster pre-orders. Even with the drop to 8% of the orders, there are still more than a hundred-thousand single-motor Cybertruck preorders.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

This is not 'tanking'.
Agree Crissa.

Seems like if Elon was not doing all the selling he is right now, the stock price might actually be WAAAYY up higher. But each time he sells a ton of stock the price drops a few percentage points. Then quickly makes up about the same amount again. I doubt there will be much real traction on the stock price till Elon finishes his 10% stock sale.

Once that is over though, all bets are off as to what the stock price will do.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I feel like the punchline to a joke. It’s like I know less about what’s going on overnight.

Yesterday was ”Known unknowns….”
  • Is the price changing?
  • If so by how much?
  • Will we get incentives?
  • What features are optional?
  • How much will solar cost (if it’s even available)?
Today is “Unknown Unknowns”
  • WTF are we even signed up to buy?
Tomorrow I may not even remember how to spell Cyphertruck.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Hmmmm? I wonder if Tesla has any desire to keep the CTQ w/FSD under the cap for the tax credit. The last time I checked the intent for the bill was for a max purchase price under $80k. On it's face I would say "no".

But then I think about the ultimate goal to become the best selling truck and get all gas vehicles off the road.

Purchasers get up to an $8,000 tax credit for buying a Tesla, but they get up to $13,500 for buying a union built EV. This pisses off Elon.

If he really wants to piss off the OEMs right back he'll build all spec levels of his trucks better then the competition and at a price that all his trucks fall inline with the federal credit making the decision a true no-brainer. Like it's not even a question worth discussing. He'll completely take that extra $4500 credit off the table in the decision making process.

This would be the ultimate move putting Tesla in "FU" position and I think that might have some appeal to EM.
Sponsored