Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It's a triangle: Price, Range, Performance. You don't really get to pick two, since Tesla isn't going to give up safety and cut corners. And Performance isn't, without the bigger battery. So it's almost pick-two.

This is not 'tanking'.

Anyhow, I think it was more like 'well, we put steering on the rear drive train, why not just put that up front, too?' Remember, Tesla is all about using things in more than one place if they can get away with it.

-Crissa

PS, there are at most, a few thousand Roadster pre-orders. Even with the drop to 8% of the orders, there are still more than a hundred-thousand single-motor Cybertruck preorders.
I donā€™t think I said the stock was Tanking, if I didā€¦ well I was full of :poop:. My portfolio has certainly seen better days and silly short term high leverage things I did have not done as well as TSLA as a wholeā€¦ but you are spot on, resetting the share price by 3-4 weeks is not ā€œtankingā€.

Aside from that sillinessā€¦ well including that. I agree with you.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Agree Crissa.

Seems like if Elon was not doing all the selling he is right now, the stock price might actually be WAAAYY up higher. But each time he sells a ton of stock the price drops a few percentage points. Then quickly makes up about the same amount again. I doubt there will be much real traction on the stock price till Elon finishes his 10% stock sale.

Once that is over though, all bets are off as to what the stock price will do.
Today and the last couple of days itā€™s mostly been just bad news for the market as a whole. Muskā€˜s programmed sales (they were planned months ago) coming out on days like this is quite rough.

I agree though, once Elon finishes selling shares we should get out of this long dark 2 week malaise the stock has suffered under. (Note the sarcasm in use there).

Last edited:

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Hmmmm? I wonder if Tesla has any desire to keep the CTQ w/FSD under the cap for the tax credit. The last time I checked the intent for the bill was for a max purchase price under $80k. On it's face I would say "no".

But then I think about the ultimate goal to become the best selling truck and get all gas vehicles off the road.

Purchasers get up to an $8,000 tax credit for buying a Tesla, but they get up to $13,500 for buying a union built EV. This pisses off Elon.

If he really wants to piss off the OEMs right back he'll build all spec levels of his trucks better then the competition and at a price that all his trucks fall inline with the federal credit making the decision a true no-brainer. Like it's not even a question worth discussing. He'll completely take that extra $4500 credit off the table in the decision making process.

This would be the ultimate move putting Tesla in "FU" position and I think that might have some appeal to EM.
He could open a separate union company that does the final assembly i.e., installs the Tesla badge. LOL

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The quad MIGHT not have more power than the Tri-motor.

Tri motor might have had Three 333HP motors. 3x333=999HP.
The Quad might have four 250HP motors. 4x250=1000HP.

Damn, I guess the quad will have more power. I can't see how they can equal the same number. :)
Itā€™ll have 1290 horse power, mark my wordsā€¦. Because why else would Musk be obsessing over those numbers?

I think the more interesting thing about quad motors is independent control.

That said. I really just want 400 miles rangeā€¦ 2 motors would be fine.

webroady

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Toyota Scion xB, 2009 F250
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Iā€™m hoping that as well, but Iā€™m not sure I want to spend $100k on a truck, if thatā€™s what the price turns out to be.
For that price I might just get an X instead.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yes they did.

If you pre-ordered at that price it was available.

It was also briefly available on their web site and then available as an ā€œOff Menuā€ option you had to order over the phone for about 6 months.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Btw, dropping the single motor seems to be dropping the lowest price target from availability they were marketing the cyber truck as. So that also contradicts everyone's certainty that prices wouldn't rise.
Unless there was some announcement I missed, there is a whole lot of assumption in here.

A.W.Jelfs

First Name
Asa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
HQ gts 350 monaro Ht gts 307 monaro
Occupation
retired investor
Country flag
Hi all
I am wondering now if they will offer carbon ceramic brakes as well like the plaid, i think it may need them if it has over 1000hp. I will get them if i can. This beast is going to cost plenty but i am excited by this news. It also makes me wonder about the top speed being limited if you have the carbon brakes.
Have a good day all.

repoman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Performance S, Plaid X, Cybertruck # less then 100
Occupation
Software
Country flag
So now we know how they are going to get around not honoring the preorders. By producing the 4 motor version for a couple years until people get tired of waiting for cheaper versions. My bet is it will land somewhere around $90k. There are definitely enough people out there with money to spend to keep production of this version busy for a couple years. I really think this is the strategy. Make a version that no one has been able to order so that you don't have to honor the orders. Seems to line up with a lot of the nonsense that has come out of Tesla in the last couple years. But I guess when you have almost unlimited demand you can get away with it.

It seems like Tesla has deviated from the original mission of getting people into the best affordable EVs to get the world more green and now its make the most record breaking, mold breaking, bad ass cars in the world because they have the demand for it. Honestly, its making me lose respect for them. I have been saving and I could probably stretch to afford a $90k truck if I really wanted to, but I am not that truck guy that needs a showy, sub 3 sec., crab walking, truck. I am happy with a great $50k EV truck that gets the job done.

I could be wrong and maybe they will produce more reasonable versions in a reasonable time frame. I know Elon has said that this is one of his favorite projects and he wants to make it the best truck out there and there is some serious competition now. I guess we will just have to wait until the earning call to learn more.
This is the best comment yet and probably the truth. I get really irritated with the crap Tesla pulls. I lost a Lotta hope when they canceled the Plaid plus. I am a two digit reservation holder and it would really suck for all my hopes and dreams to come crashing down lol
Sponsored