Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
Thanks for remembering.

I originally suggested rear steering,
Now we might be getting both rear steering and tank turn.

After Elon confirmed rear steer and Rivian shipped with 4-motor, I suggested Tesla might have production simplification with Cybertruck 4-motor rear steer using same components for front and rear.

Don't bet against Elon.
Can you suggest a $25k purchase price for the 4 motor variant? ?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
That chart… lots of wish fulfillment in there. Like if they write it down it must be true.

Funny thing is they list availability as 2023 for all configurations. Shouldn’t it be 2022 for the quad, 2023 for dual, and ???? Maybe eventually for the tri and single. LOL

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
I would love me at least a dual raptor engine on mine! It doesn't necessarily have to be vacuum optimized either.
I think a Rutherford Engine would make more sense for a Cybertruck. It's small enough to fit in vault and the fuel pump is electric.

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
That chart… lots of wish fulfillment in there. Like if they write it down it must be true.

Funny thing is they list availability as 2023 for all configurations. Shouldn’t it be 2022 for the quad, 2023 for dual, and ???? Maybe eventually for the tri and single. LOL
My thoughts as well especially when I saw 2023 listed for all the configurations.

Neo

First Name
Neo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Turbo | Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Professional
Country flag
From a few reliable sources in conjunction with the recent release of CT-related merchandise and the anticipation of a supposed 12/9 announcement, there's speculation that there will be a Quad-Motor variant. I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on a 4-motor set up and it's benefits over a tri-motor configuration. I'm wondering if it is also in response to the off-road capabilities of Rivian's R1T with its 4-motors.

Additionally, there is speculation that the single-motor variant will be dropped; such that CT motor configurations will consist of dual, tri, and quad once it enters production.

I'm planning on making the switch from tri-motor to quad-motor if it happens. Maybe it's the Plaid+ that I'm still hoping for. :D (y) ? Anyone else feeling the same way?
We finally get an actual truck!!! So ordering the 4xMotor! I wonder if we can keep our place in line if swapping?

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
If you are concerned over one snippet of news and theories posted, go out, have fun, have some wine, good food, with friends and family. If we get angry before we know, we will have reduced energy to become angry when appropriate.

editted a typo

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If you are concerned a out one snippet of news and theories posted, go out, have fun, have some wine, good food, with friends and family. If we get angry before we know, we will have reduced energy to become angry when appropriate.
Like when your truck arrives and it turns out Tesla had lent it out to some guy who attempted to jump over Giga Texas during the grand opening and they hadn’t quite gotten all the blood out of the cracks in the console?

Last edited:

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
A four motor CT may cost (cost to manufacture) less than three motors. The benefits of using electronics/software rather than a mechanical differential may have been discovered when switching to four wheel steering.
Castings, structural battery pack, smart suspension and traction control...
Keeping the mechanicals simple and limiting the parts count and configurations is a Tesla thing. Getting better performance using software is a Tesla thing.

The first CT was a designer's vision (eloi), moving towards production is where the morlocks get involved (with apologies to HG wells)

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
If I downgrade from the quad-motor to the tri-motor, which wheel do they leave out
I've always heard 3's a crowd so I bet they leave out the 3rd wheel.
Sponsored