cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
That might be true and it might not, just like the 10-car delivery rumor might be true and might not. In 13 days we will find out about all of these guesses, rumors, and assertions. Until then it is all amusing.
Tesla Cybertruck 10 Cybertrucks will be delivered at the Delivery Event on Nov 30, says Tesla product design director, Javier Verdura 1700277495642

you think that on Nov 30 you’ll find out if the 30 trucks stored inside over a week ago were/are the delivery units?
Sponsored

GuyV

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wanted to read through all of the comments to see if what I was looking for was voiced by anyone, but interestingly it wasn't. First, Joe T. was told over a week ago that there were 30 Cybertrucks being stored inside the factory that have never seen the light of day. And that was at least a week ago. Meanwhile we continue to see more Cybertrucks in the parking lot. Second, why do you all believe another rumor when we are inside 2 weeks away from the event? We have no reason to believe that only 10 will be delivered at the event, especially if they had 30 sitting in the factory over a week ago. So I am not buying it, not that what I think matters.
It could be 10 deliveries and 20 for attendees to play with at the event, and then maybe available to do some tour events. I wonder if anything interesting will happen to the release candidates that got legitimate VINs.

GuyV

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This^^^

When Tesla finally announces the pricing, we won't have to wade through hundreds of posts every day of people moaning and complaining about high the price is. I know it seems strange that people would complain about high prices that haven't even been announced yet, but sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. Go figure! Yes, it's highly irrational, but that is exactly what we have been subjected to for over a year now.

Only 13 more days until we can put to rest unsupported rumors of 6 digit price tags. :cool:
LOL, a Starship launch tomorrow and we're all obsessed about a Cybertruck event at the end of the month.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
So, if there is only 10 to possibly 30 deliveries to employees. Are we talking about Texas employees or will these first trucks be equally shipped out to various Tesla plants around the U.S.

On ramping, there is only one 9 ton press working and it's a chore to switch out and fine tune a set of molds to get the lone machine up and running which explains why so many rear castings were filling up the over flow area outside and now all we see is front castings.

The second caster should be completed, up and running Q1 2024 and the third still hasn't been delivered which would make a combined 500,000 casts per year.
The front castings are probably done on the 'smaller' gigapress. They're not significantly larger than the rear casting of a Model Y.

-Crissa

Chip Geek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt [CT3] On order: Tesla MS-LR
Country flag
10 and 30 are both wrong.
I heard directly from Elon that the number delivered will be either 42 or 69.

:LOL:

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
what doesn't make sense is why would people expect Tesla to deliver 1000 trucks on a delivery event day

they've never delivered more than 30

they've never delivered one of those remotely (they've all been at the event)

and they've never delivered one to a person that isn't an employee or otherwise not an VIP who is not receiving a true saleable production unit

production of saleable retail units has not begun. and, the beginning of production saleable retail units can trigger all kinds of regulatory and financial reporting consequences, that Tesla may be looking to avoid in Q4 of 2023.

people thinking otherwise have been mislead by people who aren't sure of what they're talking about using words like "production" and "customers" like they can just make up the meaning of those terms however they see fit.

meanwhile and speaking of, I'm *pretty confident* that Javier misspoke or doesn't quite know what he's talking about in this exact instance, regarding the number of units to be at the delivery event

regardless, it's silly for anyone to expect this delivery event to involve large numbers of production units going to retail customers
I agree. This is not how Tesla operates. The CT event will be like the 4680 Model Y event. Vehicles at the event will go to employees. And just like the 4680 Model Y, the CT will be offered to reservation holders when it ramps up and becomes more widely available.

There’s no indication that there will be any regular customer deliveries before 2024. Tesla may provide vehicles to influencers to keep the hype/interest going while reservation holders wait, but it’s going to be a long wait for most.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
1700277495642.gif

you think that on Nov 30 you’ll find out if the 30 trucks stored inside over a week ago were/are the delivery units?
No, and I don’t even care because it doesn’t matter to me. What I expect is for some of the rumors, predictions, and assertions to be proven true or false.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
So, if there is only 10 to possibly 30 deliveries to employees. Are we talking about Texas employees or will these first trucks be equally shipped out to various Tesla plants around the U.S.

On ramping, there is only one 9 ton press working and it's a chore to switch out and fine tune a set of molds to get the lone machine up and running which explains why so many rear castings were filling up the over flow area outside and now all we see is front castings.

The second caster should be completed, up and running Q1 2024 and the third still hasn't been delivered which would make a combined 500,000 casts per year.
Does the CT use the 9 ton for front and back,?

If so , 1 press would produce 80,000 , and 2 presses 160,000 Cybertrucks. Hence why Elon estimated around 120,000 units for 24. Has to allow for the installation of the second press and downtimes.

A third press would boost production capacity to 240,000